Unlimited Laundry in Royal Suite?

colliercruiser

Just departed on Equinox in a Royal Suite. Gave items for pressing to butler, but he wouldn't take my Elite coupons. He said the new policy is unlimited laundry for Royal Suites. Sweet!

Anyone hear that elsewhere?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just departed on Equinox in a Royal Suite. Gave items for pressing to butler, but he wouldn't take my Elite coupons. He said the new policy is unlimited laundry for Royal Suites. Sweet!

Not correct. It is complimentary service twice per cruise. Would think this means sending whatever you like out two times. Our sky suite butler pressed our things at no charge a year ago. The policy is listed changing in January 2016 on the website.

Not correct. It is complimentary service twice per cruise. Would think this means sending whatever you like out two times. Our sky suite butler pressed our things at no charge a year ago. The policy is listed changing in January 2016 on the website.

And we all know that Celebrity's website is 100% correct all the time. :rolleyes:

That's the official policy. But when your butler says ALL laundry is ok, no need to complain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting!

The "twice per cruise" has been added recently. When we were on Eclipse in January/February this year, the Michael's Club Concierge had not heard about the "Complimentary Laundry" added from the beginning of the year. Whilst on board, I took a screen dump of the page and it did not say "twice per cruise". [unfortunately, I do not seem to be able to post the document here.]

I have just checked the UK site again and it now says "twice per cruise".

Strangely, it does not say how much you can send each time.

As RS & PH guests always used to receive Captain's Club laundry vouchers regardless of their Captain's Club status, by qualify the laundry perk, Celebrity have just added confusion to a perk that really does not cost them a great deal. Are they referring to the vouchers already received? If so, it is not really a "new" perk added in January 2016, as they claimed. Is it in addition to the Captain's Club vouchers? If so, why say "twice per cruise" because that just muddies the water [oops, no pun intended].

Incidentally, we were not charged for our laundry on that cruise or our previous two.

Edited by Project_gal

How I hate this confusion! I put a similar question up a few weeks ago and got mixed answers. It isn't about the cost so much as knowing what to expect! We are elite anyway so are entitled to some laundry without suite status, for it to be a 'perk' I would have thought it would be unlimited.

It tends to be pressing we need more than anything after flying half way around the world!

Boarding Sunday, will report what is/is not included on our cruise!

The new "2 complimentary laundry" policy is independent of the CC coupons. Our butler didn't want to collect them at all (and he's the ship's head butler). Basically, it makes laundry very simple (simply give everything to the butler) without counting the number of items, trying to overstuff a laundry bag or search for the right coupons.

Although our butler reconfirmed that we could send laundry as often as we'd like, two laundries per 7 or 11 day cruise is probably more than enough.

Although our butler reconfirmed that we could send laundry as often as we'd like, two laundries per 7 or 11 day cruise is probably more than enough.

May be but on 14-night and 17-night cruises, I have sent laundry more than twice.

The new "2 complimentary laundry" policy is independent of the CC coupons. Our butler didn't want to collect them at all (and he's the ship's head butler). Basically, it makes laundry very simple (simply give everything to the butler) without counting the number of items, trying to overstuff a laundry bag or search for the right coupons.

Is this complimentary laundry of the wash and fold variety or is it the by the piece variety where they actually iron and hang things? That would be a valuable benefit. The wash & fold, not so much.

Linda

Is this complimentary laundry of the wash and fold variety or is it the by the piece variety where they actually iron and hang things? That would be a valuable benefit. The wash & fold, not so much.

Linda

Don't know for sure, but I expect to have some items pressed & on hangers. Will find out in a few days.

On previous cruise in a Celebrity Suite, anything we wanted pressed & hung was done without additional cost or coupons.

Will post an update later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Special amenities for Royal Suite include:

• Complimentary Premium Beverage Package for all guests in suite. Minors will automatically receive a Premium Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package
  • Complimentary unlimited Specialty Dining
  • Complimentary unlimited Internet access
  • Complimentary mini-bar stocked daily with water, sodas, beer
  • Access to the private Michael's Club Lounge
  • Separate whirlpool bathtub
  • Whirlpool on private veranda
  • Stateroom setup of one bottle of vodka and one bottle of scotch with accompanying mixers • (beginning January 2016, a choice of spirits or wine)
  • Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors
  • Separate living room with dining and sitting area
  • Two entertainment centers with televisions
  • Walk-in closet
  • Welcome bottle of Perrier-Jouet
  • Complimentary laundry service twice per cruise
  • Daily Delectables rotation of savory and sweet snacks

Special amenities for Royal Suite include:

• Complimentary Premium Beverage Package for all guests in suite. Minors will automatically receive a Premium Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package
  • Complimentary unlimited Specialty Dining
  • Complimentary unlimited Internet access
  • Complimentary mini-bar stocked daily with water, sodas, beer
  • Access to the private Michael's Club Lounge
  • Separate whirlpool bathtub
  • Whirlpool on private veranda
  • Stateroom setup of one bottle of vodka and one bottle of scotch with accompanying mixers • (beginning January 2016, a choice of spirits or wine)
  • Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors
  • Separate living room with dining and sitting area
  • Two entertainment centers with televisions
  • Walk-in closet
  • Welcome bottle of Perrier-Jouet
  • Complimentary laundry service twice per cruise
  • Daily Delectables rotation of savory and sweet snacks

Thank you Celebrity for the info!!!

Do you know if the REF that has the new special extreme fast internet trial is the "unlimited service" for high end suites?

And if not - what the charge is to go from free unlimited internet TO unlimited extreme service please?

Appreciate correct information~

I agree. The best part of this is to send out the laundry two days before disembarkation so that when you get home all you have to do is put everything away. I hate having to come home and start the washer.

Linda

Linda

All I can say is what we got. [As I said previously, the MC Concierge was not aware of the new perk. However, she did tell me that "they" believed that it was petty for them to charge the PH for such items - I have paraphrased. We were on Eclipse.]

I only sent "laundry" once but it was five bags with dry cleaning, whitewash, wash and press, and items that did not require pressing. I could have fit it in less bags but I wanted to write different instruction. On each, I wrote "Penthouse Complimentary Laundry".

Everything came back as it should. Most on hangers and, the folded items, were wrapped in tissue paper in a flat, lined basket. Oh yes, and it also included five white t-shirts from the other PH all beautifully pressed and on hangers!

Unfortunately, by adding the qualification to the published perks, we are now feel confused again. Were we given a discretionary/unpublished perk and it was more, and a higher level of service, than technically allowed? Was within the published perk and what I sent was "once" and I could have sent another large batch [wih dry cleaning, pressing, etc.] as my "twice"?

Edited by Project_gal

• 4 weeks later...

We were on The Reflection in a RS several weeks ago. Our butler did offer unlimited laundry. There was also dry cleaning available but we didn't need that. Most items came back hanging up except for the underwear and socks which came in a bag.

We are just off the Solstice (RS). We were clearly told when we initially asked our butler that it was as much laundry as the coupons provided (bag free, 2x pressed items, 1x dry cleaning per person plus some discounts I think....). I did need more pressing so filled in the laundry slip including the dollar charges column expecting to pay.

We were not billed for this, never came up...We had the impression from our butler that a degree of reasonableness was coming into play. Butlers being told to direct higher suite guests to the coupons but not bothered if you go over a few items....Perhaps some guests have literally been sending everything to the laundry, demanding express return? It only takes one ot two guests to push a perk for X to then fall back onto a clear entitlement.

Generally the coupon allowance for us is OK in terms of washing, it is the additional pressing after flying half way around the world we will always need. Next cruise I will get on expecting coupons, see it as a bonus if additional laundry is free but be happy to pay for additional items if not.....

Champagne does not taste as nice in a creased dress sat next to a husband in wrinkled trousers!

On our recent Equinox sailing, our butler didn't want our laundry coupons and simply took our laundry. For many items we requested ironing & hangers which was no problem, and dry cleaning for a few. We sent out our laundry three times during our 11-night cruise.