Royal Suite Class perks not showing up in Cruise Planner

Hi,

We are currently booked in a Grand Loft Suite on the Ovation of the Seas cruising out of Hongkong end of this year.

According to the new Royal Suite Class program Grand Loft Suites are entitled to the Star Class priviliges/perks which include almost everything (unlimited specialty restaurants, premium beverage packages, unlimited internet, etc.) free of charge.

However, when logging into my cruise planner on the RCCL website I can not see any of these perks included under my resercation. All the above mentioned items are offered to book with the regular price tag. :confused:

Has anyone experienced this before and can confirm that this is normal and I should simply ignore it? Do you know if these perks apply to ALL passengers sharing a suite and not only the first two guests? I could not find any side note about that but it would be almost too good to be true. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for your advice!

I just booked a two bedroom aqua suite on the Harmony in June. Called Royal and spoke to a very nice girl, asked her if ultimate beverage is included for everyone or for only first two guests. She said there is a lot of changes recently and let me double check. Put me on hold and when she came back she said it is included for all guests in the room. Also specialty dining and wifi for all guests. Hope this is true when we board.

Hi,

We are currently booked in a Grand Loft Suite on the Ovation of the Seas cruising out of Hongkong end of this year.

According to the new Royal Suite Class program Grand Loft Suites are entitled to the Star Class priviliges/perks which include almost everything (unlimited specialty restaurants, premium beverage packages, unlimited internet, etc.) free of charge.

However, when logging into my cruise planner on the RCCL website I can not see any of these perks included under my resercation. All the above mentioned items are offered to book with the regular price tag. :confused:

Has anyone experienced this before and can confirm that this is normal and I should simply ignore it? Do you know if these perks apply to ALL passengers sharing a suite and not only the first two guests? I could not find any side note about that but it would be almost too good to be true. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, keeping the website up-to-date doesn't even register on the list of RC's priorities. :(

I wouldn't worry about the fact that your Cruise Planner would allow you to book things that you are supposed to get for free.

Fixing that is just too much trouble for RC's IT dept., I fear.

Hi,

I just read somewhere that the Royal Suite Class perks only apply to the European and Australian itineraries on the Ovation and not to the Asian ones.

Corinna

Beginning May 2016, Royal Suite Class will be available on select ships, including Oasis, Allure, Harmony, and Anthem of the Seas. Ovation of the Seas will offer Royal Suite Class when sailing Australian and European itineraries, but China itineraries will excluded from the program.

http://loyaltoyoualways.com/service/royalsuiteclass/

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

I just read this new information in their updated brochure, too, which is really shocking for us.

We only booked the Grand Loft Suite because Royal advertised it coming with all the perks. Ovation was always stated as having the new Suite Class perks and there was no mentioning anywhere that China departures would be excluded at all.

Furthermore, if you go on Royal's website today and book a China departure on Ovation it still clearly states that the Grand Loft Suite comes with all the Star Class perks.

Well done, RCCL!!! :mad:

I would be upset too. Sorry to hear that.

As an FYI, perks are not showing up in my Cruise Planner for Allure, and I definitely have Star, and the CP will still let me book an Ultimate Package and speciality restaurants - so IT is in no way caught up with the changes. Nor do I expect them to be any time soon :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I would be upset too. Sorry to hear that.

As an FYI, perks are not showing up in my Cruise Planner for Allure, and I definitely have Star, and the CP will still let me book an Ultimate Package and speciality restaurants - so IT is in no way caught up with the changes. Nor do I expect them to be any time soon :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I know there is a slew of new perks but unless I missed them, they've never listed them before in the planner so maybe the new ones won't be listed either? That was more like a question and not an opinion.

We are booked in a grand loft suite on Anthem for the May 14th sailing to Bermuda coming up. I called RCCL today to find out more details about what we can expect prior to getting on the ship. We booked this suite because of all the additional perks that are included (i.e. drink package, complimentary specialty restaurants, etc.) Everything I have read online states we will plan dinner reservations, excursions, shows, and more, when we get on board with the "royal genie". The person from RCCL I spoke with had no information for me and put me on hold for 10 minutes while he "read up" on what the star class includes. Everything he went over with me is everything you can see listed on the website, so it was really not a helpful call. The only thing he did mention is 30-40 days prior to sailing we will get all of our documentation and it should tell us more about what to expect. I have no problem waiting until we get closer to book things, but I don't want to miss certain excursions, so my husband and I did go ahead and book the golfing excursion in Bermuda. If anyone else finds out more information, please share. We are very excited to experience this new program. I will be happy to keep everyone updated as I get closer to our cruise and hopefully receive more details!

...The only thing he did mention is 30-40 days prior to sailing we will get all of our documentation and it should tell us more about what to expect...

Well, we're quickly approaching that window of time for those cruising in early May. Hopefully, as some CC'ers get the info, they can pass it along to us.

Frankly, I'm not holding my breath that we'll really get any additional information from Royal Caribbean in any form - and will have to wait until ONBOARD reports start trickling in.

I hope that everyone is properly trained up on the workings of the system - and I'm just glad (Matt, I think you mentioned this) that we're not sailing until the end of May. Hopefully more will be cleared up by then.

FWIW, I did contact Celebrity yesterday about if those in Star class can actually wait and book everything onboard. If/when they reply, I'll post it here.

Tom

... Frankly, I'm not holding my breath that we'll really get any additional information from Royal Caribbean in any form - and will have to wait until ONBOARD reports start trickling in....

I would bet a good amount of money on that. Royal has a continuing problem with timely, accurate, corporate-wide dissemination of information.

I called C&A today to ask about "you will receive the welcome email within 8 days of booking" (or something like that)... and also noting from another post that someone heard that the Genies did not start working until last week... just to see if anyone knew anything. No one knows. They have no more info than we have seen on the travel agent brochure from last week.

I'm guessing that as the Genies get up to speed, they are reaching out to their first guests, first, and making their way up the calendar.

I just read this new information in their updated brochure, too, which is really shocking for us.

We only booked the Grand Loft Suite because Royal advertised it coming with all the perks. Ovation was always stated as having the new Suite Class perks and there was no mentioning anywhere that China departures would be excluded at all.

Furthermore, if you go on Royal's website today and book a China departure on Ovation it still clearly states that the Grand Loft Suite comes with all the Star Class perks.

Well done, RCCL!!! :mad:

Bin auch im November von Hongkong unterwegs und habe eine Grand Loft suite gebucht. Habe von Rccl unterschiedliche aussagen bekommen. Melde dich doch mal bei mir. petra.pfeiffer-schoeffel@web.de

Just as an FYI, we are booked in the Owner's Loft for the May 7, 2016 sailing on Oasis. We got our cruise documents earlier this week and they have no mention of anything star class. In fact, they actually advertise purchasing a drink package and booking speciality restaurants. We also did not receive any communication within 8 days of booking (though we booked on our own via the website, so not sure if it is only for agency bookings?). I assume RCCL hasn't updated their documents and such, but as we will be amongst the first experiencing Star Class, I def pass along what I find out as we get closer to sailing. 45 days!

Edited by NicoleAndChris

Just as an FYI, we are booked in the Owner's Loft for the May 7, 2016 sailing on Oasis. We got our cruise documents earlier this week and they have no mention of anything star class. In fact, they actually advertise purchasing a drink package and booking speciality restaurants. We also did not receive any communication within 8 days of booking (though we booked on our own via the website, so not sure if it is only for agency bookings?). I assume RCCL hasn't updated their documents and such, but as we will be amongst the first experiencing Star Class, I def pass along what I find out as we get closer to sailing. 45 days!

Great - looking forward to hearing of your experiences with this.

Tom

Here's how Google translated it:

Bin also in November of Hong Kong and saw a Grand Loft suite booked . Have different from Rccl get testify. Login some games with me

Tom

I always find Google Translate's results quite amusing. :D The correct translation should be:

"I am also travelling out of Hong Kong in November and have booked a Grand Loft Suite. Received different statements from RCCL. Get in contact with me!"

To all that are "in the same boat" and have asked me to contact them regarding sudden elimination of the Suite Class program from Quantum's and Ovation's China departures, I would strongly recommend writing to RCCL directly in order to address the issue with them.

I have done so, too, but have agreed to be discreet about the outcome. So please understand that I cannot say more about this here!

Edited by BerlinCruisers

FWIW, I did contact Celebrity yesterday about if those in Star class can actually wait and book everything onboard. If/when they reply, I'll post it here.

Tom

Errr.... make that I contacted ROYAL CARIBBEAN (there I go again, mixing/matching "my" cruise lines) !

At any rate, here's the reply I just received:

If you would like to make your reservations through our Cruise Planner prior to your cruise you may do so. However, as a Royal Suite Class guest, the Royal Genie will work to make sure all of your needs and plans are accommodated once onboard.

Tom, we look forward to welcoming you, our valued Diamond Crown & Anchor Society member, onboard the Allure of the Seas.

Sincerely,

Molly Elliott

Tom

Errr.... make that I contacted ROYAL CARIBBEAN (there I go again, mixing/matching "my" cruise lines) !

At any rate, here's the reply I just received:

If you would like to make your reservations through our Cruise Planner prior to your cruise you may do so. However, as a Royal Suite Class guest, the Royal Genie will work to make sure all of your needs and plans are accommodated once onboard.

Tom, we look forward to welcoming you, our valued Diamond Crown & Anchor Society member, onboard the Allure of the Seas.

Sincerely,

Molly Elliott

Tom

So I wonder if we go ahead and book our restaurants now if it will just be refunded as OBC once we board? I am a bit OCD about planning so waiting until the genie contacts us has me worried if our preferred dining times will still be available.

....so j/k, just checked the cruise planner and all my preferred times for specific restaurants are already taken. I guess we'll see what kind of magic the genie works!

Edited by NicoleAndChris

So I wonder if we go ahead and book our restaurants now if it will just be refunded as OBC once we board? I am a bit OCD about planning so waiting until the genie contacts us has me worried if our preferred dining times will still be available.

....so j/k, just checked the cruise planner and all my preferred times for specific restaurants are already taken. I guess we'll see what kind of magic the genie works!

Agreed - we'll see what kind of powers our Genie has ! ;)

Tom