Religous services on board good Friday and Easter sunday

renata102

When I have seen any religious services posted in the Dailies they have always stated a time and place and then said "self directed". I took that to mean the passengers can go there but would be worshipping on their own...

When I have seen any religious services posted in the Dailies they have always stated a time and place and then said "self directed". I took that to mean the passengers can go there but would be worshipping on their own...

This is the norm unless there is a rabbi, priest, vicar or w.h.y. who has arranged with NCL and the authorities on the ship to take a service.

Mike

HAL is the only mainstream cruise line to carry a clergyman on a regular basis. However, the Apostleship of the Sea partners with HAL, RCI, Seabourn and MSC to provide priests when requested. I believe RCI does this on the Holy Days.

Other than that, the cruise lines will offer the space, but it is up to the guests to conduct their services, or if a clergy passenger wishes to do it.

HAL is the only mainstream cruise line to carry a clergyman on a regular basis. However, the Apostleship of the Sea partners with HAL, RCI, Seabourn and MSC to provide priests when requested. I believe RCI does this on the Holy Days.

Other than that, the cruise lines will offer the space, but it is up to the guests to conduct their services, or if a clergy passenger wishes to do it.

Cunard has a priest on every QM2 voyage and the Captain does an ecumenical service on sea Sundays on all 3 of their ships. Some cruise lines bring in clergy for holidays but it's getting rarer.

Crystal has priests on their ocean ships (not the yacht), but they would not be considered mainstream.

Roy

Last Easter our roll call on the Getaway pretty well turned into the arrangement committee for some sort of Easter service that some guests decided to put on. They seemed to have to pretty well arrange everything but the venue.

Great idea. I will post on our roll call

Cunard has a priest on every QM2 voyage and the Captain does an ecumenical service on sea Sundays on all 3 of their ships. Some cruise lines bring in clergy for holidays but it's getting rarer.

Crystal has priests on their ocean ships (not the yacht), but they would not be considered mainstream.

Roy

A friend of mine is a minister on the Crystal line, hoping when he retires from that my husband can get the gig! They have traveled the world!

A friend of mine is a minister on the Crystal line, hoping when he retires from that my husband can get the gig! They have traveled the world!

He should probably start the application process soon. Normally they only carry Priests (who also do ecumenical services on Sunday). Protestant Clergy are normally onboard only for high holidays and World Cruises. 2018 could be a good opportunity since both their ships will be doing World Cruises then rather than the usual one ship. They also then have an opportunity to start the WC on 1 ship and transfer to the other in Sydney. I'm booked on that so if things go well for your husband I could end up meeting you and him.

Are you referring by chance to Ed. Voosen

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

He should probably start the application process soon. Normally they only carry Priests (who also do ecumenical services on Sunday). Protestant Clergy are normally onboard only for high holidays and World Cruises. 2018 could be a good opportunity since both their ships will be doing World Cruises then rather than the usual one ship. They also then have an opportunity to start the WC on 1 ship and transfer to the other in Sydney. I'm booked on that so if things go well for your husband I could end up meeting you and him.

Are you referring by chance to Ed. Voosen

Roy

I am talking about Ed and Ruth! Small world! I'm always fascinated by his travels!