experience with Thrifty

sj25

Anyone use Thrifty after you returned from cruise lately...to have car rental if they have the shuttle there after you get off. We are spending a couple days after the cruise and wanted a car.

Assuming this is for your Serenade cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, Thrifty does not participate in the shuttle to the pier from the airport. You will need to rent it at the Thrifty/Dollar location just outside of the western port exit (or take a cab to the airport and pick up a rental there). I suggest calling them to see what the protocol is.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Assuming this is for your Serenade cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, Thrifty does not participate in the shuttle to the pier from the airport. You will need to rent it at the Thrifty/Dollar location just outside of the western port exit (or take a cab to the airport and pick up a rental there). I suggest calling them to see what the protocol is.

Thank you,

Yes for he Serenade cruise.

When I wanted it was from pier after the cruise to the car rental location to pick the car up. I am going to call and find out when I try to google for the information sounds like it did.

We've used Thrifty...They offer a comp shuttle from Port Everglades to their Thrifty/Dollar location just outside the PE gate which is on Miami Road...however you might be wise to just take a taxi there, as it would be much faster. Then easy to return the car to FLL if those are your plans.

We've used Thrifty...They offer a comp shuttle from Port Everglades to their Thrifty/Dollar location just outside the PE gate which is on Miami Road...however you might be wise to just take a taxi there, as it would be much faster. Then easy to return the car to FLL if those are your plans.

Thank you! So did you do the taxi, if so how much did it cost?

We spent about $15 with tip when we did this.

Thank you,

I did call finally to make sure of the shuttle service for the pier said every 15 min. but can imagine it fills up quick.

Thank you,

I did call finally to make sure of the shuttle service for the pier said every 15 min. but can imagine it fills up quick.

What you have to do to use the shuttle is to reserve Port Everglades rather than FLL car. We found the price differential to be significant and was cheaper to use a taxi rather than the shuttle. I know it is splitting hairs on Thrifty' s part, as you rent the same car at the same location, but one includes the shuttle. Now it may be that they let you use the shuttle any way if you have an FLL rentak, but when I asked, they said no.

• 4 weeks later...

Just coming back to say it was very easy to use thrifty. I was able to get the shuttle very easy got off ship about 9:45. The shuttle service was smooth, the only complaint that they kept saying to everyone credit card declined...well you would start to think it was on their end....Cause we used 2 different ones and got same thing...well called company and they said was never tried to go through...that was only thing was kinda like what's up. Hold out when they ask if you want upgrade...they ended up giving it to me lol! We did the get the toll pass since we was going down to Key Largo. But I can't see how Fla has tolls only billed to car lic. plate. NO cash or credit card! Do away with humans at toll booth!

We did the get the toll pass since we was going down to Key Largo. But I can't see how Fla has tolls only billed to car lic. plate. NO cash or credit card! Do away with humans at toll booth!

The same way 5 other states are doing it.