Tour ending at 5:15, Boat Leaving at 8:30

ems5034

Hi, I was wondering if I would have enough time to do a small boat Blackstone Glacier Bay tour in Whittier before I check in with the ship. I am on the Star Princess scheduled to leave at 8:30. This is my first cruise, and I have only seen people talk about getting on the ship as early as possible, but what is the latest you can check in on embarkation day?

Hi, I was wondering if I would have enough time to do a small boat Blackstone Glacier Bay tour in Whittier before I check in with the ship. I am on the Star Princess scheduled to leave at 8:30. This is my first cruise, and I have only seen people talk about getting on the ship as early as possible, but what is the latest you can check in on embarkation day?

Usually it will be 90 min...careful...wouldn't want you to miss your cruise.

Yes you have time.

Princess used to (still does?) offer the Blackstone cruise for their B2B cruisers as an excursion.

Whittier is a very small town.

If in doubt - when you talk to the tour operator, ask them about it.

Yes you have time.

Princess used to (still does?) offer the Blackstone cruise for their B2B cruisers as an excursion.

Whittier is a very small town.

If in doubt - when you talk to the tour operator, ask them about it.

Coral, does Princess use 26 Glaciers as its vendor? We we will be on the Star in 2017 doing B2B.

We are booked for the Phillip's 26 Glacier. (Major Marine is not operating that cruise that early in the season)

We have no concerns about boarding afterwards.

Not a problem. And, if this poster is not famiiar, you can see and walk across between the boats and the ship. At least it seems to be that way with Phillip's. (not as sure exactly where Major Marine is docked.)

The only thing that concerns me are things like booking the Sanctuary, to possibly get a cabana, and checking our dining table assignment. We have requested a small table, for several reasons. And, I don't want to find out by boarding late that we have been assigned to a large table, and it is too late to get a better seating.

Edited by Wishing on a star

The Princess Excursion Info states:

"This tour is only available to passengers on back-to-back voyages who will stay onboard the ship and cruise back to Vancouver as it is a roundtrip that will end back at the pier in Whittier. It is not available to guests disembarking the ship and ending their cruise in Whittier."

When doing this tour before embarking on Princess, I am not sure that there is any way to get to the Princess Ship, from Anchorage, early enough to board, or maybe try to check out the cabin or book extras, unless one rents a car and leaves early from Anchorage. Just from what I have seen, (traveling in May) the train, and the bus services, would not get you there early enough.

This might explain why they are not openly offering this as a tour for those embarking on their cruise. Just back-to-back.

We plan on the train, which will pull in a matter of minutes before the 26 Glacier Tour leaves. They wlll let us check our luggage with our Princess tags, and will go ahead and transfer it to the ship. I don't know, but maybe it will be sitting there in a holding area when we get back from the tour and board the Princess Ship?

Edited by Wishing on a star

The Princess Excursion Info states:

"This tour is only available to passengers on back-to-back voyages who will stay onboard the ship and cruise back to Vancouver as it is a roundtrip that will end back at the pier in Whittier. It is not available to guests disembarking the ship and ending their cruise in Whittier."

When doing this tour before embarking on Princess, I am not sure that there is any way to get to the Princess Ship, from Anchorage, early enough to board, or maybe try to check out the cabin or book extras, unless one rents a car and leaves early from Anchorage. Just from what I have seen, (traveling in May) the train, and the bus services, would not get you there early enough.

This might explain why they are not openly offering this as a tour for those embarking on their cruise. Just back-to-back.

We plan on the train, which will pull in a matter of minutes before the 26 Glacier Tour leaves. They wlll let us check our luggage with our Princess tags, and will go ahead and transfer it to the ship. I don't know, but maybe it will be sitting there in a holding area when we get back from the tour and board the Princess Ship?

Princess doesn't offer tours before people embark on a ship unless they book cruise tours or sometimes hotels but rarely.