Customer Service

My experience with customer services today.

This morning I logged onto my cruises to book dining. Booked times for my time for the 3 night Independence cruise in April with no problems.

Next step was to book dining for the crossing on May 1st. I saw the 5 speciality meals package for $100 each, good value, so I booked it. I then tried to book dining for the cruise.

Day 2 was sorted with the deal (we will use our C&A 2 for 1 on the first night) but my time was not showing and I could not book any nights.

I then tried using the email links to contact RCI - guess what, none of them worked, all I got was an error message.

Ok I thought, I will email the guest relations email address I have used in the past - emails bounced back as undeliverable.

Book on board you may suggest but as my wife is an insulin dependant diabetic I have to ensure we dine at fairly consistent times.

As a last resort I contacted the corporate office. Within an hour I received an email saying my dining was booked at the times requested and a request for my phone number. Another hour later I received a call from F&B to ask what was happening on the website and to confirm dining times along with another email confirming bookings. I have just received an email from F&B on the Independence to confirm they are aware of my wife's diabetes.

All in all excellent service - well done RCI

Pete

Always nice to hear about positive experiences.

Keith

Much of it is a matter of the attitude you take. Some would have called this a bad customer service experience, because of the website and e-mail problems.

Much of it is a matter of the attitude you take. Some would have called this a bad customer service experience, because of the website and e-mail problems.

That is what we have learned.

Just had a conversation with a lovely lady called Laly who's email signature shows 'Director, Guest Relations & Shared Services'

She rang to chat about the contact problems and wanted as much information about what I had tried to do and when I had tried to do it.

15 minute conversation later and she is ready to pass the information onto the IT dept.

Pete

Agreed. If you hit a bump in the road, kill'em with kindness and it usually works out.

Just had a conversation with a lovely lady called Laly who's email signature shows 'Director, Guest Relations & Shared Services'

She rang to chat about the contact problems and wanted as much information about what I had tried to do and when I had tried to do it.

15 minute conversation later and she is ready to pass the information onto the IT dept.

Pete

Great news.