18 year old drinking waiver

Savmom9801

My son was able to drink when he was 20 cause he was defending our country...I agree with that. Not working the pizza shop in a small town while in college.....BIG difference. and please dont argue that, cause you will lose

Please explain the big difference.

My son was able to drink when he was 20 cause he was defending our country...I agree with that. Not working the pizza shop in a small town while in college.....BIG difference. and please dont argue that, cause you will lose

Drink where ?

(And why shouldn't a college kid if 18 or older be allowed a beer too?)

Edited by pspercy

I always find it odd how topics can devolve from a question of rules to a question of morals. The rule is clear - 18 year olds, with parental permission, may drink beer and wine onboard. Whether your morals allow you to sign that waiver and give permission is completely up to you and no one else. I personally have no issue with it, but if the rule on board was 21, I would not allow my 19 year old to drink, because I'm a stickler for rules, even though he is legal in our country to consume alcohol at 19.

When he was 18, he toured Europe and had a Heineken at McDonalds. The rules are different depending where you are.

IMO I would rather see an 18 year old having a beer than buying a firearm, but those are not the rules in the US.

Agreed. Ask a question, usher in the morality police. Such is the norm of a forum. LOL!

Edited by sweetpee_1993

Please explain the big difference.

My son has served 2 tours in Afganistan and is deployed in Africa now. Bigger man than you and me I would say. I would give anyone in the military a beerand buy it for them....Do I really need to explain military people versus college peeps?

Drink where ?

(And why shouldn't a college kid if 18 or older be allowed a beer too?)

Are you freakin kidding????? So a college kid drinking at a bar is similar to someone defending our country??? your a joke

My son has served 2 tours in Afganistan and is deployed in Africa now. Bigger man than you and me I would say. I would give anyone in the military a beerand buy it for them....Do I really need to explain military people versus college peeps?[/quote

Ok I have all the respect in the world for your son and anyone else who serves their country , and I thank him and them for their service.

Drinking at any age should be done responsibly . And military service is not the only factor when it comes to being a responsible person.

A college student pulling good grades, while also holding down a job can also be very responsible. Not every college kid is a drunken frat boy

Are you freakin kidding????? So a college kid drinking at a bar is similar to someone defending our country??? your a joke

Man I bet Afganistan seemed like Disney World after living in your house for 20 years.

Never said that at all. Same age, same law applies, pretty simple really.

My sotn wasnt able to drink and party like college kids cause he had a weapon in his hand at all times...I appreciate your opinion but there is a difference...thats all

Thats very disrespectful. I hope your okay with that.....[/quote

To a person who calls people a joke, tells them not to argue with him because they will lose , and asserts their son is a better man than a person you do not even know .....yes i am okay with that.

Read previous quote please:cool:

The previous post is one person's opinion about their 20 year old in the military. I am grateful for their service.

That is beside the point. A 20 year old is not a "young child". A 10 year old is. That is a big difference.

Regardless of your opinion, my opinion or anyone else's opinion on this forum, NCL allows a 20 year old, traveling with her mother to have a mimosa. NCL's rule. We abide by rules.

If someone else does not want their 20 year old to have a mimosa that is their business. But for them or anyone else to chastise someone who is following the rules is inappropriate.

Germany has a 16 years old to drink and 18 years old law to drive. Makes more sense to me than the current US mandated rules. Almost all of the US was 18 in the 70's.

And that's why all of the teens/20 somethings of today who are the kids of that generation (the boomers who came of age in the 70's) recognize one very very important thing.....

The best music ever made came out of the 70's

From my 15 yo up to my 25 yo ....they and all of their friends can sing to every song ever played in the 70's. Lol

Most boomers that came of age in the 70's were well educated and gainfully employed btw and didn't have kids until their early 30's. The statistics bear this out so your typical 55 yo today is easily still raising teens.

Those teens btw are pretty decent too because those of us from the 70's turned out ok...probably because we knew the value of getting a good education a good job and getting married and having families.

In that order too

Edited by luvtheships

Well then you must be old as dirt. The legal age of the US is 21 so I dont know what era your from but I will say this.....Its CRUISE CRITIC and its where PEOPLE PLACE OPINIONS!!!!!!! Get a grip:rolleyes:

Just an FYI....

2 of

The largest birth rate years in recent history are

And

So demographically those who are 58/59 and those are 25/26 are among the largest groups of adults today

Also the birth years of the parents of those born in 1990 is overwhelmingly from around 1955 to 1960

So yes there are many many adults today that vividly recall the 18 yo drinking age and are not old as dirt

Edited by luvtheships

Just an FYI....

2 of

The largest birth rate years in recent history are

And

So demographically those who are 58/59 and those are 25/26 are among the largest groups of adults today

Also the birth years of the parents of those born in 1990 is overwhelmingly from around 1955 to 1960

So yes there are many many adults today that vividly recall the 18 yo drinking age and are not old as dirt

Thank you. I fall in that range. I was born in 1957. Am still working. I do not wear depends. I am not older than dirt.

And aging sure beats the alternative.

This whole thread is about letting young kids drink.....thats pretty bad. They wanna raise the minimum raise at McDonalds to 15 an hour here in the US and people still wanna let there kids drink on a cruise?? Holy smokes, thats bad

just what do the two have to do with each other....

only if he was stationed overseas. a 20 year old in the military stationed in the states is not allowed to drink so the fact that he is in the military doesn't really matter.

Well then you must be old as dirt. The legal age of the US is 21 so I dont know what era your from but I will say this.....Its CRUISE CRITIC and its where PEOPLE PLACE OPINIONS!!!!!!! Get a grip:rolleyes:

The O.P. merely asked if they could sign a waiver for their child's friend that is traveling with them. They didn't ask for your opinion and neither did they ask for your morality lecture. Perhaps you are the one who needs to get a grip.

Edited by ColinIllinois

My son has served 2 tours in Afganistan and is deployed in Africa now. Bigger man than you and me I would say. I would give anyone in the military a beerand buy it for them....Do I really need to explain military people versus college peeps?

I know 18 year olds who enlisted because their grades weren't good enough to get into a decent college. Fortunately, my kids are excellent students, college bound (oldest is a sophomore).

I remember when 18 was the legal drinking age, and my youngest is 13. It changed to 21 right before I turned 18.