Coral - bottom of the bunch?

kingsgirl

We found that on our sailing, while the wait wasn't bad- 10 minutes to 20 minutes, (we were at dining room from 6:00 to 7:00) the fact is there are not very many tables for 2 in both traditional and any time dining rooms on the Coral. I believe it is a lot easier after 7:30 to not have a wait as both dining rooms then have been available for any time dining.

• 3 weeks later...
We have stayed in the mini suite on the Coral.....the last cabin aft on both the port and starboard side. Since you want a covered balcony you wouldn't in the last cabin aft cause these cabins are uncovered. So you would be a little further away from any vibrations.

Now we had also read about a vibration issue someone had after our first sailing in the last cabin aft (port side) and truthfully neither the spouse or I remember any vibrations. So on this most recent sailing where we were in the last cabin aft (starboard side) we were looking from vibrations. On the first night of the cruise we did feel some vibration (not much) and maybe we felt it cause we were looking for it. After the first night we didn't notice any vibrations back there at all. Vibrations bother some people more than others; so it would seem we aren't or weren't bothered by vibrations.

If I had my choice, I would pick a cabin toward the aft rather than forward end of the ship.........just our preference.

Hope this helps.

Do you by any pictures of the cabin and balcony? We are staying on the last aft cabin starboard in October?

Princess does not have ANY 'beat up" ships in their fleet, no matter what the age of the ship. They are scrupulously maintained. Once in a while you might see an area of worn carpeting in a high traffic area, but if you are up on the middle of the night sometime, you might see that worn carpet being replaced while most passengers are asleep. The crew works 24 hours a day on maintaining the ship. In port, sometimes you will observe crew painting the saltwater induced rust spotted areas of the hull. This is sort of care that is an ongoing thing.

Do you by any pictures of the cabin and balcony? We are staying on the last aft cabin starboard in October?

Just have a few pictures taken from and of the balcony. If I posted them here they would only show up tiny as I don't usually post pictures on CC. If you wanted to see those pictures in regular size, I could e-mail them to you. But you would need to send me your e-mail address.

Princess does not have ANY 'beat up" ships in their fleet, no matter what the age of the ship. They are scrupulously maintained. Once in a while you might see an area of worn carpeting in a high traffic area, but if you are up on the middle of the night sometime, you might see that worn carpet being replaced while most passengers are asleep. The crew works 24 hours a day on maintaining the ship. In port, sometimes you will observe crew painting the saltwater induced rust spotted areas of the hull. This is sort of care that is an ongoing thing.

Princess doesn't have ships that are "beat up" but there are a few that could use some extra maintenance for sure.

I can't speak for the Coral as we'll be on her in about 14 days for the first time. We've been on the Island before and after they butchered her. We're looking forward to being on the Coral, I don't have any trepidations about the ship like I do the Island.

We are very much looking to our cruise on the Coral Princess.

I am glad to hear that she was refreshed with a lot of new carpeting and the new Princess beds, etc. While she is not a newer and more glitzy ship, I am sure that we will have a wonderful time onboard.

Elliair, you must be very excited about your upcoming cruise!

I do hope that you will be online after (or during?) your cruise.

I would love to hear your input and experience... How are the coffee and pastries in the IC??? Are the pools heated??? How is the Sanctuary, was this refurbished any during the recent drydock? So many questions!!! Inquiring minds need to know!!!

: )