Coral - bottom of the bunch?

kingsgirl

Heck, no! The Coral is one of the best Princess ships IMHO. The only other ship in the same category is the Island and I'm on her for 19 days in November. The Coral and Island are among the most popular Princess ships.

Heck, no! The Coral is one of the best Princess ships IMHO. The only other ship in the same category is the Island and I'm on her for 19 days in November. The Coral and Island are among the most popular Princess ships.

I hope you still like Island, but the drydock has ruined her in my opinion. So Coral stands alone at the top of the Princess fleet!

Unless something has caused it to go downhill in the last two years it's still on of the better older ships in the Princess fleet without many of the problems that we experienced on the Grand & recently Emerald.

Although crews can change daily can have a big effect on the ships general experience the ships itself is definitely good one.

If I were to take another Panama canal trip it would be the Coral over the Island.

I hope you still like Island, but the drydock has ruined her in my opinion. So Coral stands alone at the top of the Princess fleet!
I'm sure I will. I don't think the dry dock changes will affect me one way or the other. :)

OP - where did you ever get that impression? We've sailed on the Coral twice (Alaska) and the pre-reno Island once (Panama). We're going to Alaska again in 2018 and the Coral is at the top of my ship list. I do share the trepidation some have mentioned about the post-reno Island but that is related to the additional passengers not the upkeep of the ship.

We really like the Coral..

The full promenade deck is lovely with it's comfy lounge chairs, enjoy the covered lotus pool surrounded by comfortable viewing areas.

We were on her last month and will be on her again next month..:)

No she is not new but she is lovely..

Cristine, (or any others here)

If I might also ask one question.

We are looking forward to our first cruise on the Coral Princess.

I believe that all cabins have the new Princess Beds, too.

Does anyone know if they did any re-furbishing to the Sanctuary?

Does the Sanctuary only have the two cabanas, or several across, like the Island?

I don't know if the Sanctuary will be booked up, or if weather will be permitting in Alaska, but we are thinking it would be nice to do the Sanctuary on that first sea day, or Glacier Bay.

I asked about the Coral because when I was looking at the website, I saw she is among the oldest.

I liked one of the oldest ships on RCCL's fleet, but probably in part that it was the first cruise for me and I've never been on a newer ship.

We really like the Coral too. I have read some negative posts regarding the new aft cabins on the Island experiencing high noise and vibration levels (post dry-dock), but others speak quite highly of the ship. I guess we will find out for ourselves, we are on board in November for the 19 day R/T Panama Canal itinerary in one of the new cabins L721.

We have sailed the Coral Princess two times in the past and are going to be sailing her on the Alaska Cruise/Land Tour in July. We love the Coral and picked our cruise/land tour specifically based on the dates the Coral was sailing that itinerary. We were on the Island for the Panama Canal last spring and because of the changes to the Island we prefer the Coral over the Island.