Aquaclass Cabin 1138 on the Summit

rsail203

Hi everyone. We just booked this cabin. Can anyone who has previously stayed in this cabin tell me how you liked it. Was there any smoke, soot, or noise problem. Is it shaded or sunny or partially both. Would you book this cabin again. I've read several M cabin reviews, but I'd like to see other opinions if you have them on this cabin. Thank you in advance.

Rich

We were in 1138 on Summit for B2B cruises. One of our favorite cabins in 20+ cruises. No soot or smoke, only noise was from the sunset bar but it wasn't loud. We enjoyed sitting outside and listening to the music from the bar. They have recently added the patio upstairs so there could be additional noise, maybe someone else will comment on that. There is sun and shade, I think the overhang was small so more sun? Sorry, we were more recently in 7206 so I may have the 2 confused :rolleyes: I'm sure someone will have more recent experience and can clarify.

Enjoy!

Interesting observation about privacy. Since the new movie/patio area has been added to the Connie class ships, have any overhead shades been added to the stateroom verandas on both the aft and sides? We will have a side stateroom 1116 on the Summit. It is going to be bad enough if the movie and moving around up there is heard.

Here is a back view of the Constellation from a couple of years ago - before the patio addition. You can see the overhead coverage that is/or is not there.

Click on photo

10697295745_21254061ec_b.jpg.bcdf32e423bab550f7e9a46c896fa4f8.jpg

Edited by Iamthesea

We have been in 1138 twice (once on Summit, once on Connie), both times before the movie addition up above. Love the cabin. Not as big a balcony as the lower afts, but still quite nice. Sound from music in the bar below, but nice, not all the time, and disappears when you close your door. Love the angled glass for a nicer panoramic view than the tunnel vision of the lower afts (which I also love, just stating a fact - actually like the 1138 view better. Also like the veranda material (that faux wood) better than the rough stuff of the lower afts.

Very private as long as you are not standing right at the railing, but who cares, people might look up for a moment then go back to what they were doing.

Overhang was pretty large so good shade (which we like) - lots of sun near the railing.

Only drawback, and I don't recall this on the lower afts, so maybe it was sea conditions, but when you are on the veranda the door does not stay shut, so continually slams back and forth along the track (won't stay open, either - slam, slam, slam). Next time will bring a bungee cord and attach it from the handle to the base of the divider? Not sure that will work, but we tried stuffing paper into the door when closed and it didn't work. This was on Connie, not sure what the Summit will be like - door might be tighter.

Edited by warmwinds

We stayed in 1138 on constellation, assuming it's the same, it is awesome.

We considered it the best cabin EVER.

Bar drinks 30 seconds away down the stairs, as well as the buffet.

Elevators VERY convenient, Tuscan grille on your SAME FLOOR, a short walk away, dining in Blu was fantastic, and the T pool blows away the S class solarium.

You get a very deep balcony, if you want shade you have it, if you want sun go further out.

Privacy is a possible issue, depending on what you're wearing or doing out there, just be discreet at the rail. Back up under the overhang if you need to.

Definitely take a small bungee cord for the balcony door which does not lock from the outside. We used the strap from my purse to keep the door closed in cabin 1140 on the Constellation last November.

We will be in 1138 on the Summit in Oct.

We are currently booked in Cabin 1118 which is about halfway between the elevators and the end of the aft facing cabins. We picked it thinking by being in the middle we would avoid the noise and traffic by the elevators and stairs and yet still be far enough forward to not hear any noise or music from the bar.

Now that I've been advised that the new Rooftop Terrace with the movies is going in above this section of cabins on Deck 11, I am just a bit antsy about the noise from movies/people. Will I still hear it if I'm inside my cabin trying to nap or just when I'm out of my balcony? Do they play movies nonstop from morning till night or do they just have the occasional scheduled movie.

This is my first ever cruise (and I've been on many) where I wasn't staying mid-ship in the middle of the deck so I'm a bit anxious about going outside of my comfort zone. I would love to get some more feedback from anyone that has or will be sailing in the coming weeks in these AQ cabins on Deck 11.

Also looking forward to chatting more with the rest of you as we get closer.

Edited by bugsy43
Typo

Hi, rsail203.

We sailed the Summit in 1138 this past November prior to the recent dry-dock and new patio and movie theater addition above. WE LOVED IT! The cabin is conveniently located to aft elevators, the sunset bar, the buffet, and to Blu. We had no smoke or soot problems. You can hear some noise/music from the bar below when out on the balcony but we actually enjoyed sitting on the private balcony in the evenings and listening to the music below. We didn't hear anything in the cabin with the door closed. You will have both sun near the railing and shade near the door. We have booked the cabin next door 1140 for a cruise in October and we only hope we like it as well as we did 1138. Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, rsail203.

We sailed the Summit in 1138 this past November prior to the recent dry-dock and new patio and movie theater addition above. WE LOVED IT! The cabin is conveniently located to aft elevators, the sunset bar, the buffet, and to Blu. We had no smoke or soot problems. You can hear some noise/music from the bar below when out on the balcony but we actually enjoyed sitting on the private balcony in the evenings and listening to the music below. We didn't hear anything in the cabin with the door closed. You will have both sun near the railing and shade near the door. We have booked the cabin next door 1140 for a cruise in October and we only hope we like it as well as we did 1138. Enjoy your cruise!

We have 1140 booked for our January cruise. Let us know how it was!

The movies will only be held at night, when it gets dark, from what I understand. But nothing stops passengers from walking back to that area at all hours unless they have it blocked off. Lets hope they do! ;)

That's not what people are reporting. Advertisements and other stuff going almost all day and then at night. Someone said it was going until 4am.

The movies will only be held at night, when it gets dark, from what I understand. But nothing stops passengers from walking back to that area at all hours unless they have it blocked off. Lets hope they do! ;)

That's not what people are reporting. Advertisements and other stuff going almost all day and then at night. Someone said it was going until 4am.

We were on Summit 3/19 in cabin 1119. I am one who reported that there was usually something playing on the screen- even at 4AM. Most of the time it was a Celebrity commercial of some kind. We could easily hear it in our cabin. I called Guest Services to complain and they were very nice and it was lowered, but still could be heard on the balcony.

We have been in 1138 before and, while we liked the big balcony, smoke drifted up from the Sunset Bar so we could not always enjoy it.

We have booked Summit again for 2017 as we love the ship and itinerary, but are going back to our category 6 OV on deck 3.