Liz and Eileen’s Excellent Spring Break

themutis

Background

My daughter is working full time and finishing up her degree at nights, so when she asked if I wanted to go away for spring break, I knew she could use the break and I’m always up for a cruise. We are leaving DH and DS’s at home, as they can’t get away.

We were on the Constellation from March 14 - 19 with stops in Cozumel and Key West.

I am 53 and DD is 27. We are from NJ. My last cruise was on the Reflection in January with DH, and we had an awesome time.

Day 1 - Embarkation

We have a 7:00am flight out of Newark, so it’s an early start. We arrive at the airport at 5:45 and the security line is literally the entire length of the terminal with multiple serpentine lines. I have never seen a line this long. By the time we got through security we ran to the gate and immediately got on the plane. There were still plenty of people who weren’t there and we departed late, but we still managed to arrive in Fort Lauderdale on time.

On top of that, it was raining AND they had no Champagne on the flight. But we muddled through.

25338241063_a1f1c061ae_n.jpg

25941077206_512583f6f7.jpg

We land, pick up our bags, and head to find a taxi. We need to have a prescription filled at the local CVS and the taxi driver is more than happy to wait for us and then take us to the port.

I asked if there was any fee to enter the port (as I saw someone else post this in an earlier review) and he said no. Total cost including the CVS stop (which took quite a while) was 31.00 plus a 5.00 tip.

We arrive at the port around 11:15 and boarding has begun. The lines are small and we are on board sipping Mimosa’s by 11:45.

25338381273_d8f75eaa9c_z.jpg

Day 1 - Embarkation - Lunch

We head to Luminae since we are in a Sky Suite this trip. Wow! Wait..... Let me say it again.... Wow!

What an incredible restaurant. The food was amazing and service was beyond attentive. The staff makes you feel incredibly welcome, almost like a private club!

To start, we continue with the mimosa theme provided by the wonderful Tatiana, our sommelier.

25941209216_1251298e74_z.jpg

Even the butter is special :)

25338389753_6f1dc0421c_z.jpg

Here is the Lunch Menu for today. There was a different lunch menu each day that lunch was offered.

25846321062_0a2eeff1ce_z.jpg

Day 1 - Embarkation - Lunch

I ordered the Baby Heirloom Tomato Salad and Duck Confit Club. Liz has the Luminae Signature Burger and we split the Butternut Squash Risoto.

Every thing was excellent with the Butternut Squash Risoto being exceptional (wish I had some now). No room for dessert today.

Baby Heirloom Tomato Salad

25872158611_0956359bb1_z.jpg

Duck Confit Club

25846322892_371f02b896_z.jpg

Luminae Signature Burger

25338391023_30721f4231_z.jpg

And the most amazing Butternut Squash Risotto!!!!

25872160261_e5b1263d2c_z.jpg

Thank you So much for your fantastic review!~ We are boarding this Monday and will be suite class for first time on Celebrity! Thank you so much for providing the menu and photos and your reviews of everything!! Cant wait to read more of your experiences!

Day 1 - Embarkation - Cabin

After lunch we head to our cabin and surprisingly our bags have arrived. We have Sky Suite 6146. To those that don’t know, these Sky Suites (6145 and 6146) are different from the others in that they are connected to the Penthouse Suites and are decorated in the same materials/decor as the Penthouse suite.

The bathroom is HUGE with double sinks, which will be most helpful with two women in the cabin. There is also a scale under the sink, which we choose to ignore for the entire cruise :)

25941216586_26faca2f83_z.jpg

A separate tub

25334421154_cc80801b98_z.jpg

A separate shower

25666554140_43296f143b_z.jpg

And the promised Bulgaria products

25666552660_b00985da55_z.jpg

Thank you So much for your fantastic review!~ We are boarding this Monday and will be suite class for first time on Celebrity! Thank you so much for providing the menu and photos and your reviews of everything!! Cant wait to read more of your experiences!

Jewliana - please say hello to the Luminae staff from Eileen and Liz. They were great! Dragan, Serkin, Dino, Anthony, and Tatiana! They will take great care of you!

Enjoying this so far!

Question re Newark airport: which terminal/airline did you use? I'm on a 7:00am flight, too (United). Did you notice one, long security line for ALL passengers - regardless of class - or was a separate, speedier security line set up for First Class and Premier?

Hope you're having a wonderful mother/daughter cruise. I've done a few of these, too.😊 Memories to cherish forever....

Question re Newark airport: which terminal/airline did you use? I'm on a 7:00am flight, too (United). Did you notice one, long security line for ALL passengers - regardless of class - or was a separate, speedier security line set up for First Class and Premier?

We flew United as well, Terminal C. TSA Pre-check definitely had it's own security line and I believe FirstClass and Premier could use that one too. Not 100% sure, but that is my recollection. It was empty.

Day 1 - Embarkation - Muster Drill/Sail Away

The muster drill was your usually muster drill, except it was extremely hot in there. Very glad we don’t have to wear our Life Jackets any more!!! My advice, stay as close to the exit as possible otherwise it can take forever to get out of there.

On my last Reflection cruise in January, I noticed that in addition to the safety part that they also called out the room numbers of anyone who they didn't account for. They also did this on this cruise and it did take up some time.

After the Muster Drill we head to the Oceanview Bar (which I always refer to as the Sunset Bar which is on the S Class ships). We grab a table and some drinks to watch sail away. Live music is by a duo (female has a nice voice, the male should stick to playing guitar :) but still much better then if I tried to sing :)

25846326802_564ed04574_z.jpg

We see the Equinox as we are leaving

25967124855_25b2c6cc43_z.jpg

It starts to drizzle, the band has to pack up, and we head to the solarium...

Edited by themutis

Day 1 - Embarkation

Around 5:30 we head to Café al Bacio for a take away Latte and Macchiato to enjoy while we shower and get ready for dinner. I love their coffee!

The sun is getting low and the view is just amazing from our balcony

25941222866_cbafa48032_z.jpg

When we booked the suite we received all 4 perks so we didn't really use the Elite Coupons or attend the Captains Club events. We had the premium drink package and the unlimited internet. In addition we had access to Michaels Club, which was a nice quiet venue for pre-dinner or post-dinner drinks. More on Michaels Club later.

These are the Elite Coupons for this cruise - we only used the complimentary pressing coupon

25941223386_d3225a2e91_z.jpg

And the Elite Letter - sorry that it's crumpled - it got wet during sail away. We did not attend any of these events.

25334428624_bfab142ab8_z.jpg

25872169381_e707e99a1d_z.jpg

We flew United as well, Terminal C. TSA Pre-check definitely had it's own security line and I believe FirstClass and Premier could use that one too. Not 100% sure, but that is my recollection. It was empty.

Thank you very much for your quick reply.:) Looking forward to your comments regarding Michael's Club. And your pics are terrific!

Hi, loving the pictures so far. We are on Connie in August and whilst my DW, DD and I have an RS we have booked 6146 for my MiL and a CS for my Sil and her husband. Looking forward to hearing more about Michaels. We loved it on Equinox and Reflection and are hoping for good things on the famed Connie.

Did the Elite status come with the suite or are you Elite through CC?

Looking forward to reading about the rest of your cruise:)

Edited by groryjm

Love your review! It makes me long for the Connie, my favorite ship! Photos of 6145/6 have me reconsidering my cabin for my 2017 Summit cruise. With Luminae as part of the package, seems like a fair price! Looking forward to more photos!!