Upsell Call

BellaBaci4

I received a call directly from Princess even though I booked through a TA. It was early in the morning the day before the cruise. I was offered an upgrade for no charge and the guy was calling to see if I wanted it. Even though it was only an inside to an obstructed oceanview, it was really a nice upgrade as our room had virtually no obstruction.

Anyhow, everyone states the call or email goes through your TA and I just wanted to state that mine was a call directly through the cruiseline, even though I booked through a TA. The caller ID showed Palmdale, of note.

It was very early in the morning ... I started worked at 7 AM and it was before that. Luckily, I answered the phone -- 5 minutes earlier, I would have been driving and let it go to voicemail. I didn't get the impression that the guy leaving the offer would have left a voicemail. It was all very last minute.

PS -- I always have my reservation listed for a meta upgrade only.

I have not cruised Princess in several years and have one booked in September. How do you "list" your reservation for an upgrade/upsell?

There is nothing to list that states you will accept an upsell but for an upgrade, you can tell them that you will accept any upgrade or a meta upgrade only when you first book. I think you can even book it this way online through Princess, but cannot remember for sure. If you state you will take a meta upgrade only, it means that they can only upgrade you to the next major category or better ... inside to oceanview or better, oceanview to balcony or better, balcony to mini suite or better, etc. From my experience, it doesn't happen often.

I received a call directly from Princess even though I booked through a TA. It was early in the morning the day before the cruise. I was offered an upgrade for no charge and the guy was calling to see if I wanted it. Even though it was only an inside to an obstructed oceanview, it was really a nice upgrade as our room had virtually no obstruction.

Anyhow, everyone states the call or email goes through your TA and I just wanted to state that mine was a call directly through the cruiseline, even though I booked through a TA. The caller ID showed Palmdale, of note.

It was very early in the morning ... I started worked at 7 AM and it was before that. Luckily, I answered the phone -- 5 minutes earlier, I would have been driving and let it go to voicemail. I didn't get the impression that the guy leaving the offer would have left a voicemail. It was all very last minute.

PS -- I always have my reservation listed for a meta upgrade only.

When they called, did the caller ID say "Princess Cruises" Palmdale. Or just a number with the word Palmdale? Because now that you mention it, we did receive a call or two from the Palmdale area a few weeks ago. Thanks

Up sells used to be upgrades.

long cruiser

Didn't know that Princess does upsell. Also didn't know about meta upgrades. Sure learn lots on this board. Thanks!:)

Princess discovered that enough passengers are willing to pay a reasonable amount for an upsell & since then there seems to be fewer free upgrades.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We took advantage of two of these offers last year but turned one down we received today. We have a mini suite on a 4 day coastal cruise in May and were offered an upsell to a full suite for $299 per person. As much as I love the suite life, had to say no to this one.

I wonder what happen to the fairy, I guess she retired.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The upgrade fairy figured out that it wasn't worth it to work for free and her sister the upsell fairy took her job...

• 2 weeks later...
That may never happen.

Posts on several threads have people salivating waiting to be offered an upsell.

We received an "upsell" offer on the Royal Princess for a Penthouse suite for $999 per person additional. Currently we are in a mini-suite with an extended angled balcony.

I never responded to the offer. I think there are others out there that would respond similarly.