Circumnavigate Australia

gdlamberth

The Sirena is scheduled to do a 34 day Southern Cross Sojourn in March of 2017. This trip was announced in December 2015 (I think) and almost immediately:mad: sold out. Oceania is not even taking wait lists anymore. That's all background to my question:

Does anyone have any insight or real knowledge as to whether or not Oceania will repeat this (or similar) itinerary in 2018? DH and I truly love to do a circumnavigation of Australia. Silversea and Regent haven't done one recently and those are the other two lines we'd consider for this trip.

If no one knows now, any idea when we might see 2018 itineraries?

Thanks,

Greg

I was curious so I checked out this itinerary. My, but it is fascinating! Ports in Australia I never heard of plus Paupua, New Guinea and Indonesia for a few nights.

The are still showing wait list opportunities at the website but they are at the very lowest cabins ...

However, I am guessing that since this itinerary was so popular at the outset that unless there are lots of cancellations come final pay-up day and the ship ends up sailing with many vacancies, Oceania would reschedule it.

I am only guessing, of course!

Mura

Edited by Mura
this got saved while I was editing, so I re-edited

Thanks Darcie. We're on Sirena in Feb of 2017, and would love to book on board for Mar of 2018.

Greg

I would watch for the Sept 2016 releases of the new Itineraries maybe it will be popular enough to repeat

Thanks Darcie. We're on Sirena in Feb of 2017, and would love to book on board for Mar of 2018.

Greg

If they offer this cruise again for 2018, I would not wait till Feb of 2017 to book it.

As it was so popular, it may sell out again before that date considering that the itinerary will have been out for almost a year (since April 2016?).

Alternatively, if it will still be available, the cabin choices might be somewhat limited.

JMO

JMO,

If a similar itinerary for Jan-Mar 2018, is published next month or April as LHT28 suggests, we'll book ASAP. I'm not even sure if Oceania offers an on board booking discount. Frankly, I'm just hoping they do it again in 2018.

Greg

JMO,

If a similar itinerary for Jan-Mar 2018, is published next month or April as LHT28 suggests, we'll book ASAP.

Greg

Please re read my post

the new itineraries for that time usually come out in Aug /Sept

I was curious so I checked out this itinerary. My, but it is fascinating! Ports in Australia I never heard of plus Paupua, New Guinea and Indonesia for a few nights.

The are still showing wait list opportunities at the website but they are at the very lowest cabins ...

However, I am guessing that since this itinerary was so popular at the outset that unless there are lots of cancellations come final pay-up day and the ship ends up sailing with many vacancies, Oceania would reschedule it.

I am only guessing, of course!

Mura

There are already people they have "bought out" that have moved to other cruises this year and have dropped off our roll call. My guess is that they aren't anticipating any vacancies. We booked the first day. A couple of days later thought about changing cabin category and waitlist already had 9 ahead of us. Very excited to be doing this one.

There are already people they have "bought out" that have moved to other cruises this year and have dropped off our roll call. My guess is that they aren't anticipating any vacancies. We booked the first day. A couple of days later thought about changing cabin category and waitlist already had 9 ahead of us. Very excited to be doing this one.

We did this itinerary with Princess some years ago as (obviously) Oceania was not doing it then. Like several other itineraries, if we had waited long enough, Oceania would eventually do it but tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us - so we did it while we could.

That said, while Princess is not Oceania, our cruise was 80+% Aussies and it was a wonderful cruise in every way.

I am sure that you will enjoy this itinerary - bon voyage!

PS Our very good friends from NorCal are on this cruise.

The current geopolitical situation in EUROPE Mid East and Aftica IS RAPIDLY degrading and cruises harder to sell. Where as the far east is selling out...

Given all this to consider, I might well be motivation for O to shift some of their ships to Asia... and Australia. I think Princess and NCL have either done that or are contemplating it.

The potential exists to see many more offerings to the east and less to the west. I would also anticipate O looking at an old HAL route... a 32 day rt NY to Norway, Greenland ( the route of the Vikings) which totaly avoids all the euro-problem areas and would attract safety considerate americans not eager to risk it in Turkey or Greece etc.

I was looking at this April Shanghai to Sydney some 32 days with excitement hoping for this to be in 2018/19 as 2017 is all booked up.

Time will tell.... One thing for certain, the Euro- problems are NOT going away any time soon....

We did this itinerary with Princess some years ago as (obviously) Oceania was not doing it then. Like several other itineraries, if we had waited long enough, Oceania would eventually do it but tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us - so we did it while we could.

That said, while Princess is not Oceania, our cruise was 80+% Aussies and it was a wonderful cruise in every way.

PS Our very good friends from NorCal are on this cruise.

It's a long time off but we are excited. Just experienced our first Seabourn cruise and really enjoyed it. When we got back I discovered they have a Auckland to Sydney cruise 2/18-3/6 and we always wanted to go back to NZ. So, since there's no better time than the present, we are tacking that on in front of the 'O' cruise. We'll get off Seabourn at about 9am and get on Sirena about 11am. Feel it was meant to be.:)

Should have your friends look us up at the meet and greet. We already have a very active roll call.

We did it on Princess as well; excellent itinerary with lots of volunteers and perks in many ports. While we didn't love the ship (a few weeks before a much needed dry dock), travelling with Aussies is great. We did it again on three other trips. They are usually easy going and have a positive outlook. :)

Edited by Floridiana