Carnival prices just not cutting it .....

tallnthensome

Even though I booked the Vista in Februray for an April 2017 sailing I'm going to say that I don't get that fuzzy feeling of deal that I normally get. In fact, I feel that I just settled even as far as a year out. I've sailed on different lines and Carnival before but I have to tell you there are better deals out there. I used to look at Carnival as a more affordable line but not anymore. I sail next month on the new Norweigan Escape 7 day with my two daughters, booked last year, and paid $1900 with port charges and tax for a balcony. This included two unlimited drink packages, kids soft drink packages, and $25 OBC. Great deal! I booked the new to come MSC Seaside for 2018 today 7 days for $2598. This was a balcony for us four and $200 OBC. I booked the Vista for 2017 8 days and got an inside Cloud 9 spa deck 11 for $2850 with no add-ons. All three are new ships and I feel by far that I'm getting the least from Carnival. They want $3900 for a balcony with no add-ons. Not going to pay a grand more for a balcony. It will be my last on Carnival if this keeps up for sure and if people catch on that there are way better deals out there elseware. Carnival better stop the huge jumps in prices before others jump elseware. Only doing it for my kids at this point. After that they can stick their prices where the sun doesn't shine. Surely others have noticed this as well .......

Edited by tallnthensome

Even though I booked the Vista in Februray for an April 2017 sailing I'm going to say that I don't get that fuzzy feeling of deal that I normally get. In fact, I feel that I just settled even as far as a year out. I've sailed on different lines and Carnival before but I have to tell you there are better deals out there. I used to look at Carnival as a more affordable line but not anymore. I sail next month on the new Norweigan Escape 7 day with my two daughters, booked last year, and paid $1900 with port charges and tax for a balcony. This included two unlimited drink packages, kids soft drink packages, and $25 OBC. Great deal! I booked the new to come MSC Seaside for 2018 today 7 days for $2598. This was a balcony for us four and $200 OBC. I booked the Vista for 2017 8 days and got an inside Cloud 9 spa deck 11 for $2850 with no add-ons. All three are new ships and I feel by far that I'm getting the least from Carnival. They want $3900 for a balcony with no add-ons. Not going to pay a grand more for a balcony. It will be my last on Carnival if this keeps up for sure and if people catch on that there are way better deals out there elseware. Carnival better stop the huge jumps in prices before others jump elseware. Only doing it for my kids at this point. After that they can stick their prices where the sun doesn't shine. Surely others have noticed this as well .......

You had me until the end when you decided to go all drama queen.

We are sailing this summer aboard MSC Divina. Family of 4 in a Fantastica balcony stateroom for 7 nights for $1357! And that includes all taxes and port charges! No other similar cruise for that week came remotely close in price. Carnival was double, Royal was triple, and Disney was 5 times more expensive!

It does pay to shop around. Pretty much every cruise that we've taken in the last 5 years has been cheaper than similar cruises on Carnival.

Edited by Tapi

You had me until the end when you decided to go all drama queen.
Certainly not trying to be. When you have three of your cruises laid out in front of you and you do comparisons on what you're getting for your money, you have to shake your head when doing so considering ..... Can't help it. I booked the Vista on one of the cheapest weeks they had, too. Not saying I want to cancel or not go but a drink package or some OBC would be nice to go along with it to level the playing field a little. Heck, maybe my price on the Vista Spa cabin is better then some others paid for it, I dunno ...... Edited by tallnthensome

We are sailing this summer aboard MSC Divina. Family of 4 in a Fantastica balcony stateroom for 7 nights for $1357! And that includes all taxes and port charges! No other similar cruise for that week came remotely close in price. Carnival was double, Royal was triple, and Disney was 5 times more expensive!

It does pay to shop around. Pretty much every cruise that we've taken in the last 5 years has been cheaper than similar cruises on Carnival.

You got it and also what I see when extensively searching deep.

Another case of someone not understanding supply and demand. Carnival is a business. If they manage to sail with a full ship at their higher rates, why would they lower the cost? Feel free to hop on board one of those other ships that crams in as many staterooms as possible.

Yes, I have noticed that the prices are higher than before. In 2014 we got a balcony on Splendor for $349 per person for 7 days. Now we can barely get an interior cabin for that much. Either way, supply and demand is the culprit and there's nothing that can be done about that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Doggielover68

Certainly not trying to be. When you have three of your cruises laid out in front of you and you do comparisons on what you're getting for your money, you have to shake your head when doing so considering ..... Can't help it. I booked the Vista on one of the cheapest weeks they had, too. Not saying I want to cancel or not go but a drink package or some OBC would be nice to go along with it to level the playing field a little. Heck, maybe my price on the Vista Spa cabin is better then some others paid for it, I dunno ......

But you are paying it. That is the problem. When you stop paying it, pricing will come down or perks will be added, but no need at this point.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Another case of someone not understanding supply and demand. Carnival is a business. If they manage to sail with a full ship at their higher rates, why would they lower the cost? Feel free to hop on board one of those other ships that crams in as many staterooms as possible.

95% of people think Carnival is a non-profit organization.

Another case of someone not understanding supply and demand. Carnival is a business. If they manage to sail with a full ship at their higher rates, why would they lower the cost?
I'm well aware of the supply and demand. All ships, especially the new ones I'm taking generally demand a bit more and will sail at full capacity yet still aren't nearly as expensive and without the perks. Just saying .........

From someone who works retail; if you don't like the price, shop elsewhere. I do on a regular basis.
Oh, I do considering all three of my currently booked cruises are with different lines. If my little girls didn't pursuade me so much to do so I may have in this case. I'm sure I will still love the cruise and I chose to pay what I did. Just next time Carnival will be at the bottom of the list when it's time to book more cruises. Them being near the top would depend on them and not just me. If they want to push people elseware so be it. I've said my peace. Just an observation and concern is all ......

You are correct they are getting out of hand, that is why i sail MSC now.

You are correct they are getting out of hand, that is why i sail MSC now.

I don't think they're getting out of hand at all. As previously mentioned, supply and demand. Carnival is a very successful business for a reason and ships will continue to sail full.

But you are paying it. That is the problem. When you stop paying it, pricing will come down or perks will be added, but no need at this point.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

hi

Exactly!!!

Most of the time it is because people don't do their homework.

Here you are aware and are still willing to pay a premium. You are not giving them any reason to change. Maybe next time :)

enjoy your cruises

OP, I got a similar deal on NCL booked last year for 2016 with kids sail free, and free beverage package. You won't however find these deals this year. A similar cruise will cost you about $500 more because of the free beverage package. Pieces have risen so much I booked my first Carnival cruise for 2017.

There is a lot of discussions on the NCL board about soaring prices, because of all the freebies.

OP, I got a similar deal on NCL booked last year for 2016 with kids sail free, and free beverage package. You won't however find these deals this year. A similar cruise will cost you about $500 more because of the free beverage package. Pieces have risen so much I booked my first Carnival cruise for 2017.

There is a lot of discussions on the NCL board about soaring prices, because of all the freebies.

Somewhat OT but what's with all the add on fees with their free packages?

Wondering how onboard pricing on MSC compares to Carnival? For instance a mixed drink on Carnival is a lot cheaper than a mixed drink on Royal or NCL. Royal charges for dumb little things like popcorn when you watch a movie and big things like Johnny Rockets instead of Guy's.

I totally agree.....prices are up up up! As you see in my signature I have been really loyal to carnival but have been shopping around and I found NCL Escape to be priced right with carnivals except NCL offered 2 packages as free add-ons (drink package for 2 and free specialty restaurants for 4 nights) So we booked it (and it's an inside cabin and we still got both add-ons) :)

Yes it’s true much better prices and perks if you do your homework and look around.

We have seen that a while ago with all Carnivals cutbacks. Yes, I know other lines have cutbacks also.

But look at the price you’re paying and what you’re getting.

But some just see Carnival as the one and only, and to that each their own if it makes them happy.