Surprise Thankyou for my Husband?

Nancy48

Hi, we are onConstellation in June with two dear friends in Concierge class cabins. I was taken ill some six years ago now, and as a consequence am now disabled. My husband has been the most wonderful carer, well above and beyond. We have been married some 48 years and he was in the Merchant Navy when we were married for many years. Worked for P & O as a chief navigating officer. So cruising is a good holiday for us as he gets a bit of a break and just loves being at sea, and they look after me very well.

I would love to organise a surprise for my husband as a bit of a Thankyou. Ideally a bridge tour, as I am sure he would love it, but I guess these things aren't allowed in these security conscious times. Has anyone got any suggestions of other things on board? It is many years since we cruised with Celebrity so not sure what options I could have.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Nancy

Even though you haven't sailed on Celebrity for a while, I would speak to the Captain's Club host and it may be possible to arrange a bridge tour. It's worth a try.

I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise.:)

Hi,

most ships that I have been on do have organized behind the scenes tours. You could see if that is offered. I am sure he would find it very interesting -- since I am sure things have changed since his merchant marine days.

How about a whole spa treatment thing....several people I have spoken with their husbands have loved it. You could even do a couples message.

You could wait until you get on board and talk to your concierge to help you arrange something. I would bet even a bridge tour could happen.

By all means call the Captains club and explain. I received an engine room tour two years ago organized by an officer on board. I suspect you will have the best chance if you ask the Captain or similar higher officer in person.

Bridge tours are still allowed, and can be requested through the Captain's Club host/hostess.

The Behind-the-Scenes tour is not offered on every cruise, but ask at Guest Relations if there will be one on your cruise. The fee is fairly high, around $150, but it can include a very nice lunch, depending on your particular itinerary.

Wow, well thank you everyone for all your great responses. I really do appreciate it. And I am very heartened to hear that a Bridge tour may be possible. I shall certainly look into it once on board, as suggested. Knowing it can be done will give me the confidence to ask, they can only say no can't they.

I am sure we will have a great cruise whatever happens, if the friendliness of your responses is anything to go by.

Thanks again, Nancy