On Silhouette now observations

kasowell2

Some good things about the Silhouette

1. excellent food in MDR

2. MDR staff very accommodating

our waiter Valintin is superb and will

give him an excellent review

3. Nice to see some green grass on the top deck.

4. good choice of ship excursions

BUT this ship suffers from poor design. No deck 5 walkway

with an ocean view and lounges spread all over the ship.

AND sub par entertainment. Tonight was awful in the theater and in the centrum.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You mentioned not enough vegetables in Blu.

Just tell them. That's the good thing about Blu. Small venue, less people to serve, and the ability to customize.

If you want a bowl of broccoli (or whatever amount you want) just ask. Even if it's not on the menu that night and you'd like spinach, ask them.

If you want a small half or quarter sized serving of a third entree to split between two people, to taste, just ask and it will happen.

In both Blu and Luminae I've asked for plain salads of mixed greens and spinach greens, with grilled ________ on it and my choice of other things in it, and it has come exactly as I wanted.

I like berries. So often I'll ask for a small bowl of just plain raspberries and blueberries.

Hope you continue to have a great time.

We sailed on the FOS 4 years in a row because we loved our oversized aft balcony. We have sailed many different cruiselines, with RCCL being the majority of those cruises. Last year we decided to try Celebrity and sailed on the Silhouette and absolutely loved it! Of course, I always do my homework in regards to cabin selection as ALL ships (for the most part) have balconies with obstructed views...that is why they are cheaper ;). We found on the FOS we did not really use the flowrider, which in my opinion takes up very valuable oceanviewing/wakeviewing space. We much prefer the sunset bar and buffet seating area where you can enjoy that beautiful view on the back of the Silhouette. The overall experience for us was the Silhouette was a whole lot more relaxing and more sophisticated. If I was with young kids/teenagers, I would definitely go with RCCL, but for me and my hubby, we are sold on Celebrity and the beautiful (well laid out) Silhouette.:)

Deck 6 obstructed veranda view. FYI877f8437823bd015fd364d6ce176856a.jpg

2CatsInFlorida, you seem very upset with your stateroom. The BEST source for those who are looking for information on Celebrity S-Class cabins (that is to say, Silhouette, Equinox, Reflection, Eclipse and Solstice) is the thread titled S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!! It is Stickied at the top of the Celebrity Forum page. I always check there when trying to choose a cabin. I search by typing a stateroom number in the search box and to see what comes up.

Would you please consider reviewing your current cabin on that thread using the format suggested? You can add photos such as this in your review. It will help others make their own decision. I really wish you'd discovered that thread prior to sailing, because I think your obstructed view is coloring your enjoyment of your cruise. 2D and 2C cabins all have obstruction issues, but there are cabins in these lowest priced balcony categories that are less obstructed. Many find these categories a good value, but they are the lowest priced cabins for a reason.

I do agree that the location of the tenders and life boats cause issues with the S-Class ships. If you do consider sailing with Celebrity again, these threads by cruisetrail contain many many photos of ship interiors and exteriors and will be an excellent resource:

Part 1

Part 2

And of course the photo of the lifeboat davits is taken at the worst possible angle. You can tell by the corner of the balcony that the overall view is straight out over the top of the lifeboat. I have been in those cabins before and for us anyway, after the first day we never even notice the obstruction. Who cares, you're on vacation, you're at sea, don't sweat the small stuff! Unless, of course, you try to make yourself miserable

We're sailing on Reflection next March and secured a 2D verandah room on 6. I typically book only inside cabins, but the perks made it worthwhile to upgrade to an oceanview (particularly since the cheapest room we found acceptable was not the least expensive in the inside cabin categories). Imagine my excitement when we were offered a mid-ship obstructed view cabin for the same price as the oceanview! I honestly don't expect to see much of anything, but the idea of having fresh air and sunshine was enough for me. I'm looking forward to posting lots of pics to help future cruisers with their cabin decisions when I get back.

We are on Silhouette now. . . and it has the worst ship design we have experienced.

I'm by no means a cruise ship expert, but I do know that I've read many articles and listened to several podcasts that call the Solstice Class design innovative and a benchmark for future shipbuilding.

Thanks for the reply. It seems some people have said on previous cruises that they were still at muster drill until after the ship left port. It has never happened to us

There is no good excuse to have muster drill during sail away.

That is bad management.

To OP, thanks for taking time for review.

Have a great cruise.

The muster drill should be way before sail away. Unfortunately the Molecular Bar is now history and the World Class Bar is no substitute. All the flair is at the Martini Bar. Wish you a wonderful cruise -check out the Lawn Club Grill for great fillet & 4c64f8e3e7ad8d41ad573dafd6a7e4df.jpg5a00a261c1a3d169a859f5fd5bd9171c.jpglamb chops.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

2CatsInFlorida, you seem very upset with your stateroom. The BEST source for those who are looking for information on Celebrity S-Class cabins (that is to say, Silhouette, Equinox, Reflection, Eclipse and Solstice) is the thread titled S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!! It is Stickied at the top of the Celebrity Forum page. I always check there when trying to choose a cabin. I search by typing a stateroom number in the search box and to see what comes ]

Thanks for the good advice and I will post a cabin review as you suggest after the cruise is over. Actually our cabin 6173 does not have an obstructed view unless we look left or right to neighboring cabins or straight down. Deck 7 will also have partially obstructed views from their balconies. Poor design by any yardstick. We are enjoying the cruise just not the ship. Some of our neighbors on deck 6 are very unhappy though and that was the view ai showed in my photos. Our viewb5816df76052dac30e24b7783a501132.jpg

Edited by 2CatsInFlorida

Originally Posted by thebutlerdidit View Post

2CatsInFlorida, you seem very upset with your stateroom. The BEST source for those who are looking for information on Celebrity S-Class cabins (that is to say, Silhouette, Equinox, Reflection, Eclipse and Solstice) is the thread titled S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!! It is Stickied at the top of the Celebrity Forum page. I always check there when trying to choose a cabin. I search by typing a stateroom number in the search box and to see what comes up.

We have used this spreadsheet several times before choosing our cabin and also suggested it to cruising friends...good reviews of cabins, locations, noice levels, etc. Thank, 2CatsInFlorida for suggesting others use this. ~~Judy

Breakfast....buffet.... Usual good lots of choices if you can't find something then you probably are too picky and the same goes for the lunch buffet. The only disappointment I have is they no longer have the cooked to order wok during lunch but they did have it during dinner time.

Blu for dinner was good as the short ribs were delicious. I do have a complaint about Bou this time. It's been very hot in there every night. Finally said something tonight but I think it's a problem with the air. Hope,they get it fixed before summer.

Premium drink package update. There's been a lot of discussion on this forum about having to,drink so much to break even. Today (without listing each drink) I had over $125 in drinks and at no time did I get drunk or even buzzed. All total that's about 15 to 16 drinks including water, soft drinks, beer, and mixed drinks.that sounds like a lot but it's really not when you consider 3-4 waters and 3-4 soft drinks along with a cappuccino with breakfast and maybe a beer or two with lunch and a glass of wine with dinner. Bottom line is the premium package is a good deal

Tomorrow,is St. Kitts so talk to you later