Aft cabin on Oosterdam

british betty

Just a little question that maybe someone or two can answer please.

Are there loungers on the aft facing (stern?) VB cabins on Oosterdam? We have managed to book on deck 7 :).

All info gratefully accepted, thanks.

We were just on the Oosterdam November 2015. All closets have wooden hangers.

Edited by Crew News

Are there loungers on the aft facing (stern?) VB cabins on Oosterdam? We have managed to book on deck 7 :).

I don't know about deck 7, but I found some Jun 2014 pics of 6173 that don't show any loungers.

I don't know about deck 7, but I found some Jun 2014 pics of 6173 that don't show any loungers.

Just came back from the Oosterdam last week in cabin 7149. The balcony had one lounger, one chair with an ottoman, one smaller chair and a small table. There was plenty of room on the balcony and the seating was comfortable for sunbathing and eating.

Just came back from the Oosterdam last week in cabin 7149. The balcony had one lounger, one chair with an ottoman, one smaller chair and a small table. There was plenty of room on the balcony and the seating was comfortable for sunbathing and eating.

Thank you , that's just made my day just that little bit better :D

Thank you , that's just made my day just that little bit better :D

Well then, I'll send you right over the moon: I used some of the wooden hangers from the closets to hang swimsuits on the back of the lounger and the arms of the chairs for drying. ;)

Best wishes for aft cabin selection...

:D

We had 5188 aft on Oosterdam, one lounger, two chairs, one small table and what I would call a wicker footstool. We asked our steward and he was able to get another lounger. One nice thing about deck five the balcony is completely covered and quite long.

Well then, I'll send you right over the moon: I used some of the wooden hangers from the closets to hang swimsuits on the back of the lounger and the arms of the chairs for drying. ;)

Best wishes for aft cabin selection...

Virtually skipping over it :D:D

Who would've thought there could be a connection!

Thanks, only 90 days till 7145 and the luxury of my costume drying on its very own wooden hanger on the solitary lounger ;) :D

On the Zuiderdam (sister ship to the Oosterdam) we had two loungers, two chairs and at least one table on the verandah of our aft cabin.

Just be aware that you can't leave anything flammable, or that could blow overboard, out on your lounger - on a wooden hanger or not. :rolleyes:

On the Zuiderdam (sister ship to the Oosterdam) we had two loungers, two chairs and at least one table on the verandah of our aft cabin.

Just be aware that you can't leave anything flammable, or that could blow overboard, out on your lounger - on a wooden hanger or not. :rolleyes:

Was that cabin on deck 5 or a suite? The VB cabins on deck 7 wouldn't fit all that without looking like a storage unit.

If you position the lounge with its back into the corner (making a triangle of space) and then hang the wooden hanger from the back, a swimsuit will dry very quickly while in the Caribbean warmth, and would not need to be 'left'.

The only negative for me was the ash that dropped on to the balcony overnight (I'm assuming from the stacks). It was grimy and sticky in the morning, but the stewards vacuumed the balcony everyday.

That aft cabin has definitely spoiled me for future cruises, but that's a good thing.

[quote name=Seafoam Green;49559442

If you position the lounge with its back into the corner (making a triangle of space) and then hang the wooden hanger from the back' date=' a swimsuit will dry very quickly while in the Caribbean warmth, and would not need to be 'left'.

:D[/quote]

:eek: will it dry quickly in the Mediterranean ;)

Had 5190 on the Oostie this past September. There were two lounge chairs, one table with four chairs and two large wicker chairs, each with an ottoman.

Great Neptune suite with side and aft views.

5190 is a corner aft Neptune Suite. The corner afts have that, but OP is looking at a Verandah Stateroom, not a corner.

I'm only teasing.

My original query has been answered because if possible, I do prefer to sit on my balcony and preferably lay on a sun lounger, either watching the world go by, or looking at the back of my eyelids. ;) once we've finished the days exploring.

Thanks for the chuckle and sharing your knowledge.

We were on the Zuiderdam in February and we did not have loungers on our aft facing balcony. Just two regular chairs and a minuscule table. We were on deck 4. Our deck 5 upstairs neighbors had two loungers in addition to two regular chairs. We had a really big balcony and there would have been room for them.

• 1 month later...

Just booked the Oosterdam for a Mediterranean cruise this summer. We managed to get an aft cabin, which we really enjoy, but are now worried about our choice. There is lots of talk about soot from the stacks and that they have minimal shade. We are in 4174. Does anyone have any information they can share regarding these issues? Thank you!

we've always chosen aft cabins (12 x's) and the last cruise on oosterdam, deck 6 was bad. stinky exhaust, worst steward ever. We had to get our own ice and he couldn't open a wine bottle. ( I showed him how to use the wine opener). I hope you have a better experience.

we've always chosen aft cabins (12 x's) and the last cruise on oosterdam, deck 6 was bad. stinky exhaust, worst steward ever. We had to get our own ice and he couldn't open a wine bottle. ( I showed him how to use the wine opener). I hope you have a better experience.

I a so sorry you had such a bad experience. When and where were you crusing? We have had aft cabins before and never experience soot and or exhaust. We have, however, had bad steward experiences. I hate to complain becasue they make so little, but it can really affect your enjoyment of a cruise.