Live from Diamond Princess and onto Europe

Arrived in Singapore. Regent was parked next to us. At airport waiting for check in to open for flight to rome.

Cruise was good. Few little minuses. 1000 passengers got off today. The rest plus the newbies boarding today hopped on.

Nearly worked through gin cocktail list. Will have to start on the celebrity one now. Favourite drink london libation. Hated the bramble.

Had you figured as more of a Bridget Jone's Daiquiri type of gal... :p

Cheers r

:cool:

Arrived in Singapore. Regent was parked next to us. At airport waiting for check in to open for flight to rome.

Cruise was good. Few little minuses. 1000 passengers got off today. The rest plus the newbies boarding today hopped on.

Removed my post as it was still about the Diamond and this is your thread Sarah - all about your adventure. Enjoy Rome. Such a wonderful city. Have fun.

Edited by wishfulone

Rome is such a walkable city. Walked to the Vatican to post some postcards to various people. Got there and there was mass happening. Missed the pope. Lots of security about. Very easy to buy stamps and postcards. I think it cost me 14 euro for four postcards plus stamps. Stopped and looked at churches on the way. I have been taking a photo of church on outside so I'm I really remember what it is.

had a few people stop and ask me for directions. I must look like a local until I hope my mouth and speak hahaha.

this afternoon I might do Spanish steps and surrounding area. I have to go to ferrari shop to get the boyfriend a time shirt. Lucky there is an official store near pantheon.

If anyone has any questions regarding diamond princess please ask. On the flight to Abu dab hi I was seated next to some of the princess dancers who were heading home because there contract had finished. They said the rudest passengers were the Chinese. Probably good idea that princess built the magestic to suit them there. Can have all Chinese crew and dancers. They said it's been built tailored to their requirements. Interesting to see people opinions of the ship while it sails in Europe for a few cruises.

sarah, do you mind me asking where you are staying in Rome?

Albergo del senato great little hotel next to the pantheon.

will make my way via cab to train station to go up to cruise port where I stay overnight before boarding ship to moron.

We were meant to go to Istanbul but celebrity cancelled that ages go replaced with Malta. Far as I know the other turkey stop is still happening. Will post if it cancelled.

I have a few private tours organised and will booked some on the ship that I didn't organise.

Edited by icat2000

Albergo del senato great little hotel next to the pantheon.

will make my way via cab to train station to go up to cruise port where I stay overnight before boarding ship to moron.

We were meant to go to Istanbul but celebrity cancelled that ages go replaced with Malta. Far as I know the other turkey stop is still happening. Will post if it cancelled.

I have a few private tours organised and will booked some on the ship that I didn't organise.

Your hotel is in a fabulous location. If you've never been there before don't miss a visit to castel de sant angelo. You won't be disappointed.

Kusadasi, the port for Ephesus, will most probably remain on the ship's itinerary because of it's small size and isolated location.

I covered all the back streets around pantheon on my first day visiting churches as I spotted them. They are all free too.

Second day I walked down to the vatican again wandering through back streets. I visited so many different churches and looked at various sites.

In the afternoon I headed towards trevi fountain but so crowded so continued just walking up and down streets. I never felt list as there are so mnay major land marks and I could xross check with a map.

One thing I will say is allow plenty of time to catch the train up to cruise port. I thought I had plenty of time after purchasing ticket but was nearly running for train as it was on platform 27 a long long walk from entry to station.

Hotel I am staying in hotel miramare is nice price of 70 euro for aea view room. You can catch a taxi to port or its a 20 minute walk. I will be walking it. I walked it yesterday in the heat and didn't seem taxing plus I only have one suitcase.

The more popular hotel hotel de ville is closer but still a walk from port entrance. But its more costly and was booked when I reserved this hotel in December.

Your hotel is in a fabulous location. If you've never been there before don't miss a visit to castel de sant angelo. You won't be disappointed.

Kusadasi, the port for Ephesus, will most probably remain on the ship's itinerary because of it's small size and isolated location.

I would stay in that hotel again. Its a little pricey single room cost me 318 euro for two nights includes breakfast. But its so centrally located walkable to all major sites. Cost me 15 euro in taxi to termeni station

Boarding ship today. I probably buy some internet minutes as Im bottom of the totem pole with celebrity loyalty status. Waaaa.

I cant see if the ship is in I have to google it.

Yesterday when I walked down there was about four ships in.

Boarding ship today. I probably buy some internet minutes as Im bottom of the totem pole with celebrity loyalty status. Waaaa.

Have a wonderful journey. You'll love Celebrity. Don't forget to treat yourself to some beautiful seafood on one of the islands and Kusadasi has good quality leather goods at the right price high up in the back streets of the shopping area - if you're interested ;)

Just checked Marine Traffic, another 4 ships in today,

Celebrity Constellation, Amsterdam, Koningsdam and MSC Fantasia.

Sarah's cruise

Fri 15/04/16

Civitavecchia (Rome) / Italy 17:00

Sat 16/04/16

Messina (Taormina, Sicily) / Italy

13:00 20:00

Sun 17/04/16

Valletta / Malta

07:00 20:00

Mon 18/04/16

At Sea

Tue 19/04/16

Rhodes / Greece

09:00 18:00

Wed 20/04/16

Kusadasi / Turkey

07:00 19:00

Thu 21/04/16

Mykonos* / Greece

07:00 18:00

Fri 22/04/16

Piraeus (Athens) / Greece

06:00

Sat 23/04/16

Piraeus (Athens) / Greece

18:00

Sun 24/04/16

Santorin* / Greece

07:00 16:00

Mon 25/04/16

At Sea

Tue 26/04/16

Salerno / Italy

07:00 18:00

Wed 27/04/16

Civitavecchia (Rome) / Italy

05:00

In rhodes greece today. Found some free wifi in port. Constellation nice ship however expensive on board for drinks especially coffee at 5.50 plus 18 % for grats on top. Food have been good with plenty to eat. Though I do prefer princess I find dining room food better there. Crew is lovely. Friendly and happy which is a good sign. They took our passports at boarding for whole cruise. Something to do with tighter security with Greeks. Shore excurisons I have found to be reasonable in price.