Port of Miami Parking????

If you will do a search on this subject you will find many, many posts from people who live in the area and they do NOT recommend off site parking in Miami.....only parking at the port. Other ports yes.....Miami no!!

One poster in particular likes to always say "do you feel lucky"????

If you will do a search on this subject you will find many, many posts from people who live in the area and they do NOT recommend off site parking in Miami.....only parking at the port. Other ports yes.....Miami no!!

jh

Oh no........seriously?? Dang.... The price to park in Miami's cruise port is steep 😔😔😔

Agree 100%.

Agree 100%.

Well this is pretty much unanimous and should follow suit. We are staying at the Mariott Key Biscayne the night before we set sail. I'm sure we could leave the car there but would most likely cost more than the port.

Any recommendations for a decent, clean, safe, and somewhat reasonable accommodations that have parking (hotel/park/cruise) packages? I'm finding a few near the airport but that is now staying much further away from the port.

If there's nothing port parking will be the only option. Too bad that the Miami area is like this whereas Ft. Lauderdale is a snap, convenient, and affordable.

Agree with the others - visitors and locals alike on these boards say to park at the Port of Miami if you want your car to be there when you get back from your cruise. Seriously. There was one report of a man who was sleeping in a passenger's car who had parked off-site. Don't do it. :eek:

Agree with the others - visitors and locals alike on these boards say to park at the Port of Miami if you want your car to be there when you get back from your cruise. Seriously. There was one report of a man who was sleeping in a passenger's car who had parked off-site. Don't do it. :eek:

I am so thankful that I had asked! With three females traveling (girl trip - leaving hubbies at home this time) trouble is the last thing we need. Any thoughts to the above remarks from my previous post above?

Do park at the port. It is not only convenient but safe.

There are too many horror stories when people park off site.

This is a case where paying more money up front will likely save you money in the end.

Keith

Do park at the port. It is not only convenient but safe.

There are too many horror stories when people park off site.

This is a case where paying more money up front will likely save you money in the end.

Keith

This is the plan unless we can find accommodations close to the port that includes some kind of package where we can leave our car on their secured property.

In the end it might just might be less of a hassle by parking at the port. Any hotel suggestions that may have this package. We are currently staying at the Marriott Key Biscayne. Thanks.

This is the plan unless we can find accommodations close to the port that includes some kind of package where we can leave our car on their secured property....

Sorry but now you are trying to have it both ways :o . We have suggested/strongly advised/almost require! (LOL) that you park inside the Port of Miami, so to leave your car at a hotel thinking their lot is "secure" just doesn't make sense to me.

Stay at the hotel of your choice, but park at the POM. You can go directly from the terminal to your car when you disembark without having to wait for a cab or shuttle bus to an off-site lot somewhere.

Come over to the Florida Departures Board.

There are properties but again you will find out there is risk to them too.

I truly believe that the port parking is far more secure then any hotel parking either.

Keith

Thanks for your input. Our thought was to save a few $$ however in the end there will be less hassle after disembarking the ship. So for a wee cruise parking will be $160(+) for a Sat. to a Sat. unless the price has gone up.

Edited by 99florida
Keith, Where can I find the Florida departure board?

Most of the hotels charge between $25.00 and $30.00 per night, so where's the saving. The port charges $20.00, and your car will probably still have 4 wheels on it when you return.

That's what I was thinking. I'm going to call the Marriott Key Biscayne since that is where we currently have a reservation for one night and see if they have some pkg rate for cruise people. We've stayed here years ago and were very pleased.