Feeling guilty........

KPfromCT

I completely understand. We booked NCL Escape this week and I was feeling guilty. We got a comparable deal and with the drink/dinner package we couldn't pass it up.

I never thought of seeing a Carnival Ship in one of our ports. Not feeling so bad since I read the posts and there are a lot of "Jumpers". We might need to try the Oasis or Allure.

We've been on Carnival 3 times, Norweigen and Royal. I will say by far Allure was the most fabulous! Been on Magic, freedom and Pride. We are due to sail on Liberty in June and the Freedom in Sept. I do not remember the name of the ship on Norweigen it was almost 20 yrs ago, I do think Carnival is the most fun.

You are going to love the Oasis! I have been on both Allure and Oasis and there simply is no other ship that compares! I would love to hear your perspective once you sail. Be warned that the nickel and dime factor is HIGH on these ships-if you drink a moderate amount I would strongly suggest a drink package. When I sailed Oasis last year, 2 simple frozen drinks at the pool bar was $28!! Make sure you book all shows in advance and def don't miss the aqua show!

I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise. The ship will be beautiful and the shows are fantastic but I felt disconnected from the ocean which is a major part of a cruise to me. Make sure you spend some time in the Solarium that was my favorite place when I sailed on the Allure.

We went from the Carnival Fascination to the Allure of the Seas (SHOCK doesn't even start to describe it), but then we went back to Carnival Dream. I thought that, after Allure, the Dream would be a let down but it wasn't. We had a very enjoyable time!

About the Oasis class ships, it's definitely a bucket list kinda cruise. You need to do it at least once in your life. We had an absolutely fantastic time and it ranks as one of our best cruises ever BUT we are not rushing to sail on these ships any time soon. It was awesome, but in a "non-cruise" kind of way.

THIS!!! This is why I am hesitant to try RC. I love the feeling of being on a ship.But I want to feel like I am on a ship, not a city. Not saying RC is bad in any way, I have read many positives and I am sure one day we will try them. I just think I would miss the ship feel.

I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise. The ship will be beautiful and the shows are fantastic but I felt disconnected from the ocean which is a major part of a cruise to me. Make sure you spend some time in the Solarium that was my favorite place when I sailed on the Allure.

This is why we definitely had to book in oceanview balcony. We take a lot of room breaks throughout the day so if I can sit on the balcony for 20 minutes and see the ocean I will be good. [emoji23]

You are going to love the Oasis! I have been on both Allure and Oasis and there simply is no other ship that compares! I would love to hear your perspective once you sail. Be warned that the nickel and dime factor is HIGH on these ships-if you drink a moderate amount I would strongly suggest a drink package. When I sailed Oasis last year, 2 simple frozen drinks at the pool bar was $28!! Make sure you book all shows in advance and def don't miss the aqua show!

We already purchased the premium drink package. [emoji23][emoji23]. At least it's paid for upfront and we're done with it because at the end of our Carnival cruises that final bill is sticker shock. [emoji47][emoji47]

We went from the Carnival Fascination to the Allure of the Seas (SHOCK doesn't even start to describe it), but then we went back to Carnival Dream. I thought that, after Allure, the Dream would be a let down but it wasn't. We had a very enjoyable time!

About the Oasis class ships, it's definitely a bucket list kinda cruise. You need to do it at least once in your life. We had an absolutely fantastic time and it ranks as one of our best cruises ever BUT we are not rushing to sail on these ships any time soon. It was awesome, but in a "non-cruise" kind of way.

Thanks, Tapi! I always respect your comments on these boards. We did book an ocean view balcony just to make sure we were still connected with the water. [emoji23]. And I know you will be happy to hear that we are flying down the day before and staying overnight in Fort Lauderdale. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'm confused as to why you feel guilty. Am I missing something?

Maybe it's because we've only cruise with carnival in the past and we felt loyal to them. And don't get me wrong we absolutely love carnival. I don't most feels like were cheating on them by going on another cruise line.

I know it sounds ridiculous but it is what it is. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Enjoy your cruise KP

You will love the Oasis class and it will make you forget Carnival.
Oh really ? :confused: I never forget any cruise line but you can forget whatever you want .

Personally I keep my mind open and evaluate all possibilities when picking the next cruise .

That doesn't mean all are equal . Celebrity certainly has an advantage over Royal or Carnival .

We have four cruises booked on 3 different lines including Oasis of the Seas for Thanksgiving 2016.

We love Carnival but I agree the prices are steadily increasing and we aren't as focused on "getting to platinum". We liked Freedom of the Seas but my kids missed the water slides from the Carnival ships.

Maybe it's because we've only cruise with carnival in the past and we felt loyal to them. And don't get me wrong we absolutely love carnival. I don't most feels like were cheating on them by going on another cruise line.

I know it sounds ridiculous but it is what it is. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Gotcha. No need feel guilty. Have a great time. That's the best thing about competition in the industry. You get to decide what's the best cruise for you. As someone else's, said, unless Carnival is paying you, you should have zero guilt.

...and I know you will be happy to hear that we are flying down the day before and staying overnight in Fort Lauderdale. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

High five! [emoji3]

Have an AWESOME time! I know you will! And come back and give a full review.

Edited by Tapi

THIS!!! This is why I am hesitant to try RC. I love the feeling of being on a ship....

I just think I would miss the ship feel.

Keep in mind that not all RC ships feel this way, just the largest Oasis class ships. We've sailed on smaller RC ships and they feel just as much of a ship as any Carnival cruise I've ever sailed on.

The Oasis ships are indeed massive and you feel a disconnect with the ocean because there are so many public areas without ocean views. We made this feeing worse by booking a Boardwalk view stateroom so we had very limited views of the ocean from our stateroom as well (we had to crane our heads to see the ocean beyond the Aqua Theater). If we sail on these ships again, it will definitely need to be in a real oceanview stateroom.

I think that the OP won't have the "disconnect" issue because they've booked an oceanview stateroom. To anybody considering these ships, I highly recommend that they do the same! [emoji3]

Edited by Tapi

You will have a great time- I have sailed on the Oasis and Allure (twice) a couple of years ago and the Allure is probably my favorite ship ever. It is good to know the prices are going down as it was also my most expensive cruise ever.:) I would suggest you do your research on what you would like to see and do and make reservations early so you don't miss out. To me, that is the part I don't like about RCI, I am more of a go with the flow type of gal.

I have been on 5 cruises the last 2 years and they have been all on Carnival, so you can go back~

Enjoy your cruise.