Two more Royal-class ships ordered for Princess Cruises

dmwnc1959

Dave, I have your amazing Royal photos on my Screensaver Slideshow. I still enjoy

seeing them. Glad you checked in. I did Royal , and liked it.

I glad you liked Royal Princess, and that you're still enjoying the pictures! :D

I know it's been a few years, but the ship wouldn't have changed much if anyone didn't get a chance to view my albums:

Part 1 and Part 2 contain almost 1,200 pictures and cover the 14-night back-to-back, the other two albums are miscellaneous pictures...

Royal Princess, Part 1 (482 pictures)

Royal Princess, Part 2 (696 pictures)

Royal Princess Bridge Tour (55 pictures)

Up, Down, and Around (Stairwells, some art, etc., 49 pictures)

:D

Actually, I believe that tonnage is related to a ship's overall internal volume, and is not a measure of the ship's displacement (mass), but by now the geekiness may have driven everyone else from this thread.

Brian,

I think you've seen this picture of mine before...:D

11489406335_059c428177_c.jpg

Guest arowe6

Dave,

It's been 5 days and 6 pages. Just own it. You've got this. :cool:

Leaving on the regal on Sunday. Get ready for another sarcasm laced review.

-a :)

Where do you come up with this stuff? I hope Princess did something special for you back in 2013.
Dave, I need to add my two cents worth. I don't remember seeing that drawing before. Were do you find this stuff?

Looks like the "official" tonnage for the Royal/Regal should be 142,714, although the Princess website lists the Royal/Regal at 142,229 and the Princess website has never been wrong [emoji6]

Edited by IECalCruiser

Dave,

It's been 5 days and 6 pages. Just own it. ...nope, nope, nope....

You've got this. :cool: I refuse to take responsibility for this mess, lol...

Leaving on the regal on Sunday. Get ready for another sarcasm laced review.

-a :)

Andrew,

I hope you have a truly wonderful time. Knowing now what to expect and what 'drawbacks' and 'design errors' there are, it should be a delightful cruise. Bon voyage!!!

Dave, I need to add my two cents worth. I don't remember seeing that drawing before. Were do you find this stuff?

Looks like the "official" tonnage for the Royal/Regal should be 142,714, although the Princess website lists the Royal/Regal at 142,229 and the Princess website has never been wrong [emoji6]

Brian,

This was from the Bridge Tour. They had a whole section with technical drawings and schematics up on the wall and I just snapped away a bunch of pictures. I hope none of it is classified! :eek:;)

Where do you come up with this stuff? I hope Princess did something special for you back in 2013.

Marty,

They did do a few things, to which I did "tell all" in my review back then not wanting anyone to think I had been "bought" by Princess Cruises. I've also mentioned some of the areas where they could have done better or need improvement, but I still look back on those 14-days as the best I've ever spent on any cruise ship. And I'd do again given the chance. Loved the ship, the crew, and all of my new friends here and onboard.

Edited by dmwnc1959

I've also mentioned some of the areas where they could have done better or need improvement, but I still look back on those 14-days as the best I've ever spent on any cruise ship. And I'd do again given the chance. Loved the ship, the crew, and all of my new friends here and onboard.

We have sailed on the Royal 3 times and we would do it again. More for destination then the ship but I had very few issues with the ship itself. No matter which ship or cruise line there will always be something that doesn't seem to meet your expectations. So unless it is a total disappointment you just have to remember to take a deep breath, relax and say I'm on vacation and it is better than 6" of partly cloudy back home. :D

We have sailed on the Royal 3 times and we would do it again. More for destination then the ship but I had very few issues with the ship itself. No matter which ship or cruise line there will always be something that doesn't seem to meet your expectations. So unless it is a total disappointment you just have to remember to take a deep breath, relax and say I'm on vacation and it is better than 6" of partly cloudy back home. :D

Well said as always!

Kristin

The ordering of more of these ships will most likely be the end of a cruising era for me. There was a time when Princess was my favorite cruise line but I don't see myself ever wanting to book a ship that is almost totally void of the things I love about cruising - decent balconies, lounges with panoramic views, and a nice promenade deck. They couldn't even put a decent theater on these new ships. Oh well.

Kristin,

Just going to miss you. We are doing the ABC's on the Caribbean December 3rd.

Oh bummer - alas timing is everything! Yeah we had FCCs expiring (the ones we bought on the Royal cruise) and we needed to book something. The deals were good for the mid-Jan '17 dates. Unique itinerary - loved the bookend sea days, longer port times, and the chance to hit all three - been to A for 1/2 day, C for 1 day, and never to B.