Menus, get your menus here!

killsport

We have been cruising blu for the last 8 years, however this upcoming we booked CC since blu menu just got to be boring and we were less impressed with it on our last cruise. I really did not recall how varied the main dinning room menu was...thanks for posting I am really looking forward to our TA on Sunday :-)

Hapy, I'm also in Concierge after getting bored with Blu, and on the Silhouette TA leaving Sunday. You too? See you in the MDR if so.

@cruiseluvva, we did not see or hear of a separate vegetarian menu. However, we were able to avoid dairy for one in our party by letting the waiter know; he even verified with the kitchen on specific items. For those side dishes with dairy, additional veggies were substituted. Obviously that wouldn't increase your menu, but they were accommodating in our situation.

They seem to have combined (and reduced the number of) appetisers, salad and soup courses so it appears as a 3 course dinner. Maybe cost cutting in the hope most will stick to 3 courses. We will still be making it a 4 course as we like a salad course after our appetiser.

They won't blink an eye if you order both an appetizer and a salad from the starter section of the menu. Some at my table ordered three options a few times as they wanted to try two appetizers and enjoy the salad or soup. The waiter brought one, and when finished brought the second. (If there were three, the last two came together usually - probably to save time since most at the table ordered at most 2 options.)

How very disappointing to find such a poor selection of vegetarian choices, particularly main courses - or do Celebrity offer a separate vegetarian menu as other cruiselines do?

They have a separate vegetarian menu you just need to ask for, or at least they did as of August 2015. If you like Indian food you can also request the Indian vegetarian menu. My wife and I did this and the food was incredible. I've been to India and the Indian food on the Summit was as good as anything I've eaten there. This was the MDR special Indian menu. The buffet food is good but not heavily spiced as it is for a general audience. I believe the Indian meal in the MDR is intended for Hindu vegetarians but it is available to anyone and is delicious.

They have a separate vegetarian menu you just need to ask for, or at least they did as of August 2015. If you like Indian food you can also request the Indian vegetarian menu. My wife and I did this and the food was incredible. I've been to India and the Indian food on the Summit was as good as anything I've eaten there. This was the MDR special Indian menu. The buffet food is good but not heavily spiced as it is for a general audience. I believe the Indian meal in the MDR is intended for Hindu vegetarians but it is available to anyone and is delicious.

We were aware of the separate Vegetarian Menu however we didn't know about a vegetarian Indian menu. That sounds very interesting, thanks.

So every ship has a vegetarian and Indian vegetarian menu? When I asked about vegetarian options on our Century cruise in 2012, the one option on the regular menu was pointed out to me and there was no mention of "special" menus.

I am not vegan, I will eat some fish and chicken a few times a week,and once every 3 or 4 months, I get a craving for a greasy cheeseburger:o but the vegetarian offerings on Century got a little boring during our 15 day cruise. I am excited to hear about the Indian menu!

Sherri:)

Edited by sjb317

Thank you, that is very helpful, though we are dining in Luminae so I wonder if it will be available there. I can but ask.

Thank you, that is very helpful, though we are dining in Luminae so I wonder if it will be available there. I can but ask.

We were recently on the Connie in Luminae. When we found out that the chef was from India, we told them how much we love Indian food and suggested that they offer some on the menu (I had no idea there was a vegetarian or Indian menu available on Celebrity). Several times during the cruise they prepared some Indian dishes for us, and they were delicious (and properly spicy).

I would not have been aware of a Vegetarian menu inI existence before our first X cruise unless I had read it on this forum and thinking about it I've never heard any waiter volunteer a Vegetarian menu. That seems strange as surely they want their guests food experience to be as good as it could be plus some of the vegetarian dishes would have to be prepared in advance anyway and would go to waste if people are not aware they exist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for taking the time to photograph and post these!!

Thank you for posting but please excuse me I had to have 2 open brain surgeries , could someone more able than I please show me the wine comparisons between classic and premium please , apologies but I have been left with much impaired vision

Many thanks in advance

• 10 months later...
We had the Top Chef menu on the Constellation, without the actual top chefs on board.

To be honest, that would be my specialty dining night. I thought the menu was lackluster. I went for the beef cheeks (anyone watch Below Deck??). The beef cheeks were the most awful thing I have EVER had on a cruise. My opinion only, as the table beside us raved over them. I did meet another couple the next day - they share in my review of beef cheeks.

Beef Cheeks on Reflection last year tied with the worst meal I've ever had on a cruise ship also.:(

Beef Cheeks on Reflection last year tied with the worst meal I've ever had on a cruise ship also.:(

Sad to hear you didn't enjoy it either. I can't remember if they were on the menu in February on Reflection. Ha! Maybe that is the night we went to the Lawn Club! That was delicious!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting this.

Was there just one day of Blu posted, or is there a way to get all seven menus?

I just captured the one day, since we weren't in AquaClass on that trip. In December we were in Blu/AquaClass and really enjoyed it. But sorry, no menus captured for that one.

The beef cheeks I had on Solstice last month were awesome. They were actually better than the ones I make at home. Totally melt-in-the-mouth and served au jus. I was very pleasantly surprised. In fact most of the MDR dishes I had on that cruise were much better than on the same cruise 14 months earlier.