Question on Loyalty Program

IrishLassie

They hired a female "genius" to manage the Loyalty Program and she came up with the stupid idea to add two additional levels and just as I achieved Elite Status. That really annoyed me and I am sure numerous other people.

Cruise lines have been hurting for customers, hence the numerous perks, but this is the kind of nonsense they do to drive people away in addition to all the cutbacks on board.

Female "genius"???? Would you have written "male "genius""?

Edited by Peteymil
Addition

Can someone help me figure out how many points I have?? They say we have 162, but if we have 5 cruises, 7 days ea., 1 cabin oceanview, 4 cabins balcony, I come up with more points? :confused: Could they possibly not have one of our cruises listed? Really confused. :eek:

Thanks for any help.

Under the current system, if you sailed 7-nighters and sailed in an Oceanview and then 4 in a regular balcony, the math would be:

7 nights x 2= 14 points for the Oceanview cruise.

28 nights X 3 = 84 Points for the next 4.

That would only be 98. Some of your cruises were prior to the points revamp. You should be able to see your sailings when you log into your Celebrity account and visit the Captain's Club area.

Female "genius"???? Would you have written "male "genius""?

I'm thinking not, but it didn't take any sort of a genius to figure out that it was just too easy for cruisers to reach Elite and a reconfiguration was needed. By adding more levels, those who were already Elite were given new levels to strive for.

Under the current system, if you sailed 7-nighters and sailed in an Oceanview and then 4 in a regular balcony, the math would be:

7 nights x 2= 14 points for the Oceanview cruise.

28 nights X 3 = 84 Points for the next 4.

That would only be 98. Some of your cruises were prior to the points revamp. You should be able to see your sailings when you log into your Celebrity account and visit the Captain's Club area.

Thanks everyone for the info. I will check the Captain's Club link & see if I can find out more.

NEVER MIND! I figured it out, & yes you were right, 3 of the cruises were under the old points system, so that's how they had it figured to 162, which is good for us ! Yea. Of course we still have a ways to go to the next level, but we'll get there!

Edited by IrishLassie

Anything for nothing is good. I joined Captains Club when it cost $25 to join and the only perk was free air deviation and priority luggage delivery. It was really nice when they started to offer membership free and some perks. A cruise was worth one point regardless of how long it was or what type of cabin you booked. While I was working I maybe took one cruise a year. It took me many years to get to 10 points which was needed for elite. Later, when concierge class was introduced, extra point were given for those cabins and cruises that were 12 nights or more got an extra point. That made getting to elite much easier than when I got there. It didn't matter to me since elite was the highest level. The free perks were nice...and they still are very nice. Once they switched to more levels...elite plus and zenith...more people started to complain. I am at elite plus and will stay there. Zenith is too far away for me to even try to attain that level. I am happy with the elite plus perks. the perks enhance my cruise. I wish the complainers would just be happy with the nice perks. It's something for nothing. Does it encourage some people to book more Celebrity cruises? Maybe. I sail on other cruise lines and also take non-cruise vacations. If all I did was sail on Celebrity, I would get bored quickly. After several cruises, you get tired of the same shows and the same menus. While my next cruise is on Celebrity, the following cruises this year are not on Celebrity. I enjoy different experiences. I am thankful for the free perks. I would be really happy if the menus were changed more frequently.

A cruise was worth one point regardless of how long it was or what type of cabin you booked. While I was working I maybe took one cruise a year. It took me many years to get to 10 points which was needed for elite. Later, when concierge class was introduced, extra point were given for those cabins and cruises that were 12 nights or more got an extra point. That made getting to elite much easier than when I got there. .

Yes - definitely faster to get to elite with concierge and above cabins and longer cruises. But unfortunately, also takes longer to get there for folks who take shorter cruises or stay in cabins less than concierge.

You need 300 points to be Elite level now. And so with 7 night cruises in an inside or ocean view cabin, you wouldn't even be half way there after 10, 7 day cruises (7*2*10 = 140). So I am betting some preferred the old approach of 1 point per cruise with 10 points = elite :)

Select is from 150 to 299 points, then you will become Elite at 300 to 749 points. We too are aiming for the Elite still, but we won't make it on our 6th cruise this summer. We will get there on our 7th which will be from Honolulu to Vancouver in 2018, we have figured out. We are thinking of doing an Alaska b2b right after that one. Likely never get to Zenith or even Elite Plus, unless a lottery win comes up, or someone I don't know dies and leaves me a fortune.

Be careful. You can't do the b2b Hawaii-Vancouver then Alaska. We tried, the PVSA doesn't allow it. However, you can depart your ship & get on another line. To me a stupid rule, but they won't budge

Be careful. You can't do the b2b Hawaii-Vancouver then Alaska. We tried, the PVSA doesn't allow it. However, you can depart your ship & get on another line. To me a stupid rule, but they won't budge

It's not a rule, it's a Federal Law.

Does anyone know how many points we would need to go from "Select" member to the next level? We have 5 cruises with Celebrity & will be booking our 6th. next week & I can't figure out if we will jump up to the next level. Thanks for any help. :)

Select members have earned 150-299 Club Points whereas Elite members have earned 300-749 Club Points.

Earn Club Points based on the stateroom category and the number of nights you sail. The higher the stateroom category you select, the more Club Points you will earn each night.

Guests traveling solo in a stateroom and paying full fare earn Double Club Points on each sailing.

28578093_ccpoints.jpg.bfffddd496c8be697dd6563ba23d9dd1.jpg

You can do the b2b if your Alaska cruise finishes in Vancouver. It's only illegal if you disembark in the US.