Question on Loyalty Program

IrishLassie

Does anyone know how many points we would need to go from "Select" member to the next level? We have 5 cruises with Celebrity & will be booking our 6th. next week & I can't figure out if we will jump up to the next level. Thanks for any help. :)

Does anyone know how many points we would need to go from "Select" member to the next level? We have 5 cruises with Celebrity & will be booking our 6th. next week & I can't figure out if we will jump up to the next level. Thanks for any help. :)

Not knowing anything about what type of room you booked on previous cruises, people won't be able to tell you how many points you have. However, if you log into your Celebrity account, you should be able to see how many points you have. If you are still unable to find it, call the Captains Club number and ask for assistance.

Not knowing anything about what type of room you booked on previous cruises, people won't be able to tell you how many points you have. However, if you log into your Celebrity account, you should be able to see how many points you have. If you are still unable to find it, call the Captains Club number and ask for assistance.

Thanks for the info. We've always had a Balcony cabin except for our 1st. cruise with Celebrity which was Ocean view.

Select is from 150 to 299 points, then you will become Elite at 300 to 749 points. We too are aiming for the Elite still, but we won't make it on our 6th cruise this summer. We will get there on our 7th which will be from Honolulu to Vancouver in 2018, we have figured out. We are thinking of doing an Alaska b2b right after that one. Likely never get to Zenith or even Elite Plus, unless a lottery win comes up, or someone I don't know dies and leaves me a fortune.

Suggest you go to the website and it describes everything in detail there. you have given little information since points are dependent on BOTH days cruised and type of cabin. Inside and Oceanview 2pts/day. Veranda 3pts. concierge and Aqua 5pts. up to 18 point in a Royal Suite per day.

1 inside, 1 concierge, 4 balconies. 61 sea days total. Plus 2 upcoming 7 and 14 day balconies. Bringing us to 82 days, 8 cruises total, and still will be a few pts short. Will we ever get that free bag of laundry and those other swell perks?

1 inside, 1 concierge, 4 balconies. 61 sea days total. Plus 2 upcoming 7 and 14 day balconies. Bringing us to 82 days, 8 cruises total, and still will be a few pts short. Will we ever get that free bag of laundry and those other swell perks?

It took us 15 years to reach Elite . . . Now that we're retired and we like longer cruises in Aqua Class, we'll be Elite Plus after our next cruise - that took 6 years.

It took us 15 years to reach Elite . . . Now that we're retired and we like longer cruises in Aqua Class, we'll be Elite Plus after our next cruise - that took 6 years.

Congrats on that anticipated move up to E+.. Nice perks in that tier.

We're cruising less often in retirement (always AQ) and will likely remain at E + for the duration. Zenith is just too big a reach...,but we are ok with that!

Select is from 150 to 299 points, then you will become Elite at 300 to 749 points. We too are aiming for the Elite still, but we won't make it on our 6th cruise this summer. We will get there on our 7th which will be from Honolulu to Vancouver in 2018, we have figured out. We are thinking of doing an Alaska b2b right after that one. Likely never get to Zenith or even Elite Plus, unless a lottery win comes up, or someone I don't know dies and leaves me a fortune.

They hired a female "genius" to manage the Loyalty Program and she came up with the stupid idea to add two additional levels and just as I achieved Elite Status. That really annoyed me and I am sure numerous other people.

Cruise lines have been hurting for customers, hence the numerous perks, but this is the kind of nonsense they do to drive people away in addition to all the cutbacks on board.

They hired a female "genius" to manage the Loyalty Program and she came up with the stupid idea to add two additional levels and just as I achieved Elite Status. That really annoyed me and I am sure numerous other people.

Cruise lines have been hurting for customers, hence the numerous perks, but this is the kind of nonsense they do to drive people away in addition to all the cutbacks on board.

We should not complain about the Celebrity loyalty program as it is far more generous than any other I could find. I certainly agree the perks are sometimes a bit strange, but there are lots of elites - over 1000 on our last cruise thus the need to make it a bit harder to obtain.

Daughter and husband got to Elite in the old system with 4 two week cruises! Now unless you are in suites it makes the number of Elite or better cruisers a lot easier to manage.

Congrats on that anticipated move up to E+.. Nice perks in that tier.

Really? I can't find them. I don't see any incentive to want to reach the E+ level over what I get in Elite. We don't need more laundry and already always have a drink package, but don't drink specialty coffees anyway. A little extra internet would be nice, but not a deal breaker. What else am I missing?

We should not complain about the Celebrity loyalty program as it is far more generous than any other I could find. I certainly agree the perks are sometimes a bit strange, but there are lots of elites - over 1000 on our last cruise thus the need to make it a bit harder to obtain.

Daughter and husband got to Elite in the old system with 4 two week cruises! Now unless you are in suites it makes the number of Elite or better cruisers a lot easier to manage.

Actually Oceania's loyalty program is much better than Celebrity's.

I'm in both, Elite on Celebrity, Silver on O and get much better perks on Oceania.

It's a lot harder now and its been changed now 2 or 3 years. If you just do Veranda's, it takes 100 nights. Most Elites I talked with got on the old system. Took advantage of those 4-5 day cruises out of Miami.

I am still Select now with 9 cruises and I had a mixture of both Veranda and Aqua with most my cruise average days 10-13 days. Still I need 2 more cruises at the Aqua level to make Elite.

Are you under the impression that some of the Elite perks were deleted when the Elite Plus was added? Please remind us which ones?

Since I became Elite Plus I appreciate the extra laundry and Internet, but I did not believe any perks were removed from the Elite. I believe the Zenith level was always an unofficial level and it out of reach except for a small number of cruisers, but that is OK with me.

I believe you are in the minority and most people think it was a good idea to add the Elite Plus level.

Edited by jagoffee

Is that the April 29th 2018 sailing?

If so see you on board👍🏻

Haven't heard too many people complaining about them, the only complaint we usually hear is that there is not another level somewhere between Elite plus and Zenith.

Before Celebrity a few years ago changed things up it was real easy to make Elite. We did it in 4 cruises without ever being in a Suite.

I agree with the earlier poster that the Celebrity Captains Club perks easily exceeds the competition. Time fly's that's for sure, after our next cruise in 3 weeks we will move to Elite Plus.

Edited by ShakeDaddy

Ereggae, I'm not sure I see the significance of pointing out that it was a female "genius" who was tasked with managing Celebrity's loyalty program that you appear to be annoyed with. My hope is, and I'm guessing I'm correct, is it was just a description that probably isn't necessary.

Edited by clojacks

Ereggae, I'm not sure I see the significance of pointing out that it was a female "genius" who was tasked with managing Celebrity's loyalty program that you appear to be annoyed with. My hope is, and I'm guessing I'm correct, is it was just a description that probably isn't necessary.

Agreed. How on earth is that relevant?

We are Elite plus- and the difference between reaching Elite Plus and Zenith is ridculous. Celebrity should have another level at say 1600 points- above Elite Plus and below Zenith that is more realistic. Unless you sail a few times a year in a penthouse and are in your twenties or thirties, it is unrealistic to think you will reach Zenith in your lifetime. You cannot leave the points to relatives in your will or can you? LOL

Really? I can't find them. I don't see any incentive to want to reach the E+ level over what I get in Elite. We don't need more laundry and already always have a drink package, but don't drink specialty coffees anyway. A little extra internet would be nice, but not a deal breaker. What else am I missing?

Actually Oceania's loyalty program is much better than Celebrity's.

I'm in both, Elite on Celebrity, Silver on O and get much better perks on Oceania.

Would you elaborate on the superior Oceania program?

Would you elaborate on the superior Oceania program?

After 10 cruises $400 OBC, included gratuities, goes up from there, another level at 15 with more OBC, 2 free spa treatments, included air deviation($375 value) free cruise after 20 cruises more OBC. Then a free cruise at each additional 20, plus additional OBC at each 20.

Can someone help me figure out how many points I have?? They say we have 162, but if we have 5 cruises, 7 days ea., 1 cabin oceanview, 4 cabins balcony, I come up with more points? :confused: Could they possibly not have one of our cruises listed? Really confused. :eek:

Thanks for any help.