Falmouth Beach Day

I see that in my planner. I looked up some reviews online and they are not the best. Have you ever been there? You

No, I've not been there, which is why I did not offer an opinion of whether it was beautiful or not.

The one beach I've been to in Jamaica which I would say is beautiful was in Negril, but that is very far away, around 90 minutes one way.

Beach at Rose Hall is very rocky - even with rock shoes it is uncomfortable. We stick with the pools there.

There are a couple of beaches in Montego Bay, but this is a pretty long cab ride.

I see that in my planner. I looked up some reviews online and they are not the best. Have you ever been there? You

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The beach is very nice. Uncrowded because only the ships excursion goes there. Some reviews say there are no facilities. There certainly are.

We stayed at the Rose Hall hotel back in '83. Walked from the beautiful beach out into the water. I should have worn combat boots. It felt like golf balls, marbles and razor blades.

We have been to Red Stripe Beach twice and have loved it both times. It is a short 10-15 minute drive to get there. They have chairs to rent, bathroom facilities, food to purchase and souvenirs stuff as well. The beach and water are beautiful and the people who work there are very friendly as well. You can then take a shuttle back to the port any time. it runs every about 30 minutes. We plan to return for the third time this December.

Hands down, the best beach is Doctor's Cave. If you don't want to head to Montego Bay, Red Stripe is a great alternative. Having done both, if you are going to go all the way to Jamaica, go to Doctor's Cave and hit the Pork Pit for some food while you're there.

Another vote for Doctor Caves. Go to their website...so much fun. There are shops, Margaritaville and many eateries. Get the shuttle bus INSIDE the gates at Falmouth. It was $20pp round trip.

Very interested in this for our visit to Falmouth later this year. We tried Rose Hall and whilst it was nice, we weren't overly impressed with the beach itself. I have googled the website but come up with Dr Caves Bathing Club - is that the website you refer to?

Also you mention the shuttle bus inside the gates, can you just walk up and pay for the trip or should it be pre-booked?

Thanks for your help.

Hands down, the best beach is Doctor's Cave. If you don't want to head to Montego Bay, Red Stripe is a great alternative. Having done both, if you are going to go all the way to Jamaica, go to Doctor's Cave and hit the Pork Pit for some food while you're there.

Is this available as a ship excursion?

Another vote for Doctor Caves. Go to their website...so much fun. There are shops, Margaritaville and many eateries. Get the shuttle bus INSIDE the gates at Falmouth. It was $20pp round trip.

How long does it take to get there? I get a little paranoid about missing the ship due to a vehicle breakdown, traffic, extra. [emoji15]

Very interested in this for our visit to Falmouth later this year. We tried Rose Hall and whilst it was nice, we weren't overly impressed with the beach itself. I have googled the website but come up with Dr Caves Bathing Club - is that the website you refer to?

Also you mention the shuttle bus inside the gates, can you just walk up and pay for the trip or should it be pre-booked?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, that is the correct website and yes, you just walk up to all of the waiting shuttle buses. They are clearly marked for their destinations. It is approximately a 35 minute ride and you will pass many, many depressing areas. (cardboard homes, etc.), but makes for a very interesting ride. When the shuttle bus stops in front of Doc Caves, your driver will give you instructions as to what time and where to meet his shuttle. One of the times we were there, I was not feeling too well after a couple of hours in the sun and wanted to return to the ship and we had no problem getting a different shuttle back. I do not know if RC offers this as an excursion...perhaps they do, but a lot of us did it on our own.

Yes, that is the correct website and yes, you just walk up to all of the waiting shuttle buses. They are clearly marked for their destinations. It is approximately a 35 minute ride and you will pass many, many depressing areas. (cardboard homes, etc.), but makes for a very interesting ride. When the shuttle bus stops in front of Doc Caves, your driver will give you instructions as to what time and where to meet his shuttle. One of the times we were there, I was not feeling too well after a couple of hours in the sun and wanted to return to the ship and we had no problem getting a different shuttle back. I do not know if RC offers this as an excursion...perhaps they do, but a lot of us did it on our own.

Thank you! I think we'll give it a go.

Appreciate the info.:)