What to do in Nassau?

argetni

So we have nothing planned for the day in Nassau and was wondering what to do?

Me -40

DW -39

DD -12

DS- -4 - bringing a stroller for him

DM -84, but very active and can walk miles and will be staying in the studios

We all are beach lovers but are already doing cocoa beach at Port Canaveral and of course at GSK.

So what to do?

We did that tour some time ago and had a really disappointing experience. Our guide would just not stop talking; had us standing around far too long in the heat. Seemed to love to hear himself talk. He knew when we had to be back on board, yet we were so late to the "food" stops toward the end, we finally had to bail out. (I suspect the tour may be much better if the owner is your guide.)

There was one good thing we took away from that tour -- the very first stop, at Bahamian Cookin Restaurant. Fabulous food. On our next cruise that stopped in Nassau, we went there for lunch on our own. Easy walk from the pier. Don't miss the conch fritters!

In fact, we did our own walking tour around the historic area, then had lunch.

http://bahamiancookin.com/

Bahamian%20Cookin%20lunch%201024x768_zpsqnwbakjd.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

We're on the Breakaway in a couple of weeks and plan to hang out on the ship in Nassau. We've done Atlantis and the Blue Lagoon so for us it's expensive for a short time so our plan is to head over to Senor Frogs for a couple of drinks then right back on the ship

We did that tour some time ago and had a really disappointing experience. Our guide would just not stop talking; had us standing around far too long in the heat. Seemed to love to hear himself talk. He knew when we had to be back on board, yet we were so late to the "food" stops toward the end, we finally had to bail out. (I suspect the tour may be much better if the owner is your guide.)

There was one good thing we took away from that tour -- the very first stop, at Bahamian Cookin Restaurant. Fabulous food. On our next cruise that stopped in Nassau, we went there for lunch on our own. Easy walk from the pier. Don't miss the conch fritters!

In fact, we did our own walking tour around the historic area, then had lunch.

That sucks! It gets overwhelmingly good reviews online, so it would seem your experience wasn't the norm.

(I understand this post will likely be deleted for some random reason, so read it fast!)

Edited by LrgPizza

That sucks! It gets overwhelmingly good reviews online, so it would seem your experience wasn't the norm.

(I understand this post will likely be deleted for some random reason, so read it fast!)

I've seen their Trip Advisor reviews. They are so skewed they make me laugh. I take that site with a large grain of salt.

I've seen their Trip Advisor reviews. They are so skewed they make me laugh. I take that site with a large grain of salt.
Me too. I just figure that when a couple thousand people reply and it has 5 stars out of 5, that's hard to fake. Anyway, we enjoyed it. Like I said, sorry you didn't. It's certainly not for everyone.

GreyCliff manor and Watling's Rum factory. Beautiful place, cigar and chocolate factory, free tastes. A short walk from the ship.

Safe sailing

Do you have directions or know where to get directions to the Rum Factory? We had heard of it but couldn't see which way to go:confused:

http://www.johnwatlings.com/visit/about-us/

Hope this helps and works. Cruise port is on top of the map. There is a hill going.

Safe sailing

Thanks for this link! This looks like a fun walk. We had walked past the British Colonial Hilton before but didn't know what else was in the area. This gives us a reason to get off the ship in Nassau:D

Thanks for this link! This looks like a fun walk. We had walked past the British Colonial Hilton before but didn't know what else was in the area. This gives us a reason to get off the ship in Nassau:D

You're welcome. Go to Greycliff manor also. Beautiful place

Safe sailing