!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

If I may note that RCCl was not well prepared for the 9 day cruise. They only had plain bagels left by now. Not a big deal, but I do enjoy my sesame bagels =)

I definitely agree with them not being prepared for the 9 day cruise. For most it isn't a big deal if they run out of an item or two. However, when they ran out of gluten free pizza crust, bagels, and cookies with 2 days left in the cruise it was a huge issue for my 7-year-old daughter and I who have to be completely gluten free due to Celiac Disease. When my 7 year old was crying on several different occasions because of them running out of most of the few items she could actually eat around the ship, it really leaves a sour taste in my mouth when looking back on the cruise.

And that's just talking about food. As previously mentioned, they didn't figure out entertainment until 10 days prior to sailing when they decided to just move all of the shows around to stretch out 7 days worth of shows over a 9 day period. Pretty weak.

I definitely agree with them not being prepared for the 9 day cruise. For most it isn't a big deal if they run out of an item or two. However, when they ran out of gluten free pizza crust, bagels, and cookies with 2 days left in the cruise it was a huge issue for my 7-year-old daughter and I who have to be completely gluten free due to Celiac Disease. When my 7 year old was crying on several different occasions because of them running out of most of the few items she could actually eat around the ship, it really leaves a sour taste in my mouth when looking back on the cruise.

And that's just talking about food. As previously mentioned, they didn't figure out entertainment until 10 days prior to sailing when they decided to just move all of the shows around to stretch out 7 days worth of shows over a 9 day period. Pretty weak.

I had initially been looking to book this cruise but ended up on a standard seven nighter in January. After I read earlier in this thread about the issue with the entertainment scheduling fiasco I was glad that I didn't spend what would have been a lot of extra money for an extra two days on the ship.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Once again Gambee, you knocked it out of the park with this great review. We booked spring break 2017 on Allure and are bringing the kids.

Quick question for you: we're really into craft beers. Do they have a big selection on Oasis/Allure beyond the usual Sam Adams/Stella/Blue Moon? Any microbrews? I'm guessing a bev pkg won't be worth it for us since we don't really do cocktails...

Thanks again for taking the time to post! You're the best!

Loved your review Gambi! Going on the Oasis in 10 days for the first time and I feel like I already know the ship. You had great pictures of most everything I wanted to see or had questions on. I have lots of great ideas.

Just saw the Book Of Mormom last week in London- absolutely the funniest show I have ever seen!!!(although probably not coming to any Royal Caribbean ships soon!)

Thank you for the wonderful review. It's getting me ready for my Harmony cruise in 34 days!!

I was not aware harmony was ready so soon, enjoy your cruise!

I have been on 20 cruises over the last 35 years and agree that Come Fly With Me is my favorite. I love the music, singing, dancing, acrobatics and props, and the Eastern European couple are amazing. I've been on Oasis OTS four times and try to catch every showing. On my last Oasis cruise in January I attended all 3 shows, but they only got one full show in; the remainder cut out many acrobatic parts due to the ship rocking.

Randy[/color]

It was a really good show, I kind of regret missing the few minutes when I went to buy mom's popcorn.

Gambee love, love, love your review!! We are planning a cruise for next year and I really want to go on Oasis or Allure! We were actually booked on Allure when she was brand new but had to cancel when my hubby needed back surgery. We plan on going next summer as a last vacation before our son goes off to college. I think we'd be happy on either of the 2 but I kinda want to go out of Fort Lauderdale since we've never been there. Any plans to sail on Harmony??

The plans for Harmony are there, the only thing missing is the time and money to make it happen :D. Maybe I will be able to do a short 3 day sampler. I will have to keep my eyes for such sailings. I hope you get to go on one of the O sisters soon :)

This is a nice cap.....on our last sailing we looked so hard for a Royal cap and could not find one. I'm happy to see this.

I loved it, but I rarely use caps. Well, actually I do when I go to the beach, and with summer coming that might be quite often. I might buy one on the Escape.

You get some of the most candid shots I have ever seen. His face says it all!! :D:D

OMG ....This made me spit my lunch on my monitor....:eek: TOOOOO FUNNY!!!

:D:D:D I know, the funny thing is that I noticed that when I was precessing the pictures.

That must of been quite frustrating for you, I guess it impacts some more than others. Initially I was irritated about the shows, but after the first day that I was able to see two of the main shows on the same day, I pretty much cooled down about it.

Once again Gambee, you knocked it out of the park with this great review. We booked spring break 2017 on Allure and are bringing the kids.

Quick question for you: we're really into craft beers. Do they have a big selection on Oasis/Allure beyond the usual Sam Adams/Stella/Blue Moon? Any microbrews? I'm guessing a bev pkg won't be worth it for us since we don't really do cocktails...

Thanks again for taking the time to post! You're the best!

I took pictures of the beer list "Globe and Atlas pub", that will give you a good idea of their offerings.

Here they are, they are towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink-prices/

Thanks for the post, and have a great cruise!

Edited by gambee

Loved your review Gambi! Going on the Oasis in 10 days for the first time and I feel like I already know the ship. You had great pictures of most everything I wanted to see or had questions on. I have lots of great ideas.

Have an amazing cruise, and glad to have given you an idea of what the cruise is like :)

See you around.

Good Morning Gambee and Mom,

First i'd like to commend you on all that you have accomplished. You and your Mom must be so proud.

What an incredible, as always, review. Thank you so much.:) Oasis was our 1st and have a soft spot for her. It was great to relive her again. What a beauty.

I was so happy to stumble across this and i'm so sad it's coming to an end. But i look forward to your next adventure.:D

Please accept my sympathy for your loses. But i'm happy to hear your Uncle is on the mend.

Could you tell me again when your next cruise is> i know it's pretty soon and i don't want to miss your review.

Liz:)

I loved it, but I rarely use caps. Well, actually I do when I go to the beach, and with summer coming that might be quite often. I might buy one on the Escape.

I hope it is still available on our Harmony or Anthem sailings. I will for sure pick one up.

Good Morning Gambee and Mom,

First i'd like to commend you on all that you have accomplished. You and your Mom must be so proud.

What an incredible, as always, review. Thank you so much.:) Oasis was our 1st and have a soft spot for her. It was great to relive her again. What a beauty.

I was so happy to stumble across this and i'm so sad it's coming to an end. But i look forward to your next adventure.:D

Please accept my sympathy for your loses. But i'm happy to hear your Uncle is on the mend.

Could you tell me again when your next cruise is> i know it's pretty soon and i don't want to miss your review.

Liz:)

Thank you for your kind words Liz, much appreciated.

Our next cruise is aboard the Norwegian Escape on May 7. I plan on starting the review on May 14 or 15. It has to start quick because grad school starts on the 23. Keep an eye for it :)

Yet another FANTASTIC review! I'm really enjoying it:)

Have to agree, Book of Mormon and Producers are probably the two best/most hilarious broadway plays we've ever seen!

Congratulations on citizenship and best of luck with school:)

Thank you :)

Wait, they have a play of the Producers? I thought it was only the movie format. That movie is just ridiculous!!! :D