Anthem Esplande

I'm not on Anthem until next month, but I think the Esplanade is not the whole distance of the ship, but technically, I don't think the words Promenade and Esplanade are used interchangeably. I think Promenade was originally only used for a walking place.

I think RCI is just trying to be fancy with naming stuff on the new ships.

This is an interesting link:

http://www.******************.com/2014/10/28/99-days-of-quantum-royal-esplanade

Tom

Edited by tserface

On anthem now, was on Liberty last year. The esplanade is a little narrower, a deck or two shorter in height and is maybe half the length of the liberty promenade. It's still a fun place to congregate and hang out and utilizes both decks it encompasses to some extent. A short elevator corridor also connects it's to the via which is a single deck in height, has a shop or two, Jamie's Italian and vintages, which leads you to the two 70 cafe/lounge.

You can also bypass all of this by heading outdoors next to the theater and walking the length of the ship, basically from the theater to two 70.

The Esplanade is also two stories tall....restaurants or stores on both levels...looks at bit like a mall. I prefer the Promenade....but totally like Merion Mom's critique....right on!

I couldn't have described it better. When we were on Anthem I told my husband I felt like I was at the mall.