MITSUGIRLY lets the BREEZE flow through her hair-Spring Break Review/Pictorial

mitsugirly

Enjoying your report.

Keith

Thanks for joining me.

Maybe Sakari was trying to say "Geronimo" when she jumped into the pool. I don't know why, but I've heard people shout that out when they're doing something like jumping or diving.

Nope, she actually thought that's what it's called. Trust me, we clarified...in between snickering and non-stop laughing. :p

Thank You so much for all your time and effort in writing these reviews. You got me to try LFK due to one. We had a Blast there. We are sailing on the Breeze, out of Galveston in May and I have been anxiously awaiting this review. After reading it, I will board knowing more about the ship than if I had already sailed on her. You have a gift for both an entertaining read and photography!

Thanks so much and glad you have been able to get some good information out of my previous ones. I hope you have a wonderful time on the Breeze when it's your turn.

HEY!!!! the blue railroad bridge that is always up in the port webcam!! You are sooo famous!!!

Why is it always up? I had never even noticed it before. Is it always up and not used anymore?

I am subscribed! Thanks so much for taking the time from your busy life to do this review!:)

You are welcome and thanks for being here.

Thanks so much for your wonderful review and pictures! I sailed on the Breeze the week before you.

I hope that you had a wonderful time on her. Thanks for leaving her in tip top shape for me. :D

Enjoy reading your reviews, thanks for doing them. We're considering trying Carnival next year, either the Breeze or the new Vista, which sounds fantastic.

I'm thinking I would like to do the Vista next year as well. I should have booked it on the cruise and got me some OBC. :D

I always love reading your reviews, I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I saw this lol.

LOL, nope, not deceiving you. Glad you are here.

Looking forward to more!

Thanks

Following. Thanks for all the work you put into your reviews. They are so detailed. Amazing. I'm living vicariously through you while impatiently waiting for our next cruise :rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate it and glad you are here.

Love the review so far! Can't wait to read more! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you and glad to have you joining me.

Thanks for the review. I am especially looking forward to your port reports.

I know, those are so much fun. :)

I know what you mean about being the family planner, I do the same thing. Years ago, when my kids were know-it-all teenagers, we went to Disney World. This was back before the internet was widely used, so I read guidebooks like crazy. We got to the parks, and I knew exactly what route to take to get to the cool attractions first, had our days planned. They would ask me, "Did you read that in your book?" That became the catchphrase, and still gets tossed around at times. We are taking our 10 year old grandson on the Breeze in July, your review is making the wait tough, lol. I want to go NOW!

They would all be lost without all the planning I do. :p

I hope you and the grandson has a wonderful cruise on the Breeze in July.

Awesome, a new review from one of my favorite reviewers! Thanks so much for taking the time to do these...your Bermuda review helped me a great deal in planning our upcoming cruise.

Aww thanks and I hope this one lives up to your expectations.

The Breeze is my husband's dream ship. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your review. We'll be on her next year.

Thanks for writing such a detailed review. I always enjoy the results of all your hard work. :D

She's a beauty and I hope he enjoys it. Thanks for joining me and the compliments.

Thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoy them. Lucky you, going next Sunday for the 3rd time. I guess that means you like the Breeze. :D

Yea, I missed that age so much when my other kids grew up and that's how Sakari came about. :p

:eek: How in the word are you able to wait so long?

It is a long time. And it is our first cruise. It is just the way it worked for us financially. We booked at 735 days out. We are done to 685 already!! Lol

I love your reviews! I'd love to see a Vlog from you.

Aww thanks and I hope you enjoy this one.

It is a long time. And it is our first cruise. It is just the way it worked for us financially. We booked at 735 days out. We are done to 685 already!! Lol

So happy for you that you are able to schedule your first cruise. Beware, you might be hooked after that one. :)

OUR ROOM: COVE BALCONY-2ND FLOOR ROOM 2441

This was the last (I think) balcony at the end of the ship before they became OV. I figured it was a perfect place and after researching, I found that it was one of the many few that didn't have the life boat over top of it.

Now I have been in a cove balcony only once before and it was on NCL. I have to say that this one felt a lot different than the other one that I was on. The one on NCL was more enclosed and felt more private. This didn't seem to have as much enclosure from what I had remembered. I'll have to see if I can dig out an old pic of the last one I was on and compare. But either way, I love cove balconies.

I also knew that the location of these rooms toward the aft of the ship was below the galley. I was concerned about this, which is another reason that I picked a room at the very end hoping that I wouldn't be right in the middle of any noise and avoid a sleeping problem. I'm a pretty light sleeper and wake up easily, then it's extremely hard for me to get back to sleep...like a couple hours of trying to get back to sleep as a matter of fact. For those wondering...there were no other rooms available by the time we booked that weren't in this location. Trust me, I tried.

So here is our room...and our decorations we brought from our Pride cruise (minus the red and white striped paper background and the handmade truffula trees that stuck out last time).

IMG_3943%20copy-L.jpg

IMG_3944%20copy-L.jpg

IMG_3946%20copy-L.jpg

IMG_3945%20copy-L.jpg

Another "weird" thing about this room is that when you get off the elevator and turn into that side hall, your room is right there in the open. You can see the door from the hall before turning down and going in either direction. It made it very easy to find (not that the Dr Seuss decor didn't help as well :D). It also meant that many people were passing my door when turning down the hallway and I received a lot of compliments on my decorations. Thanks goodness, none of them were stolen. I have only had decorations stolen once on a cruise (NCL Sun) and we recovered them the next day after finding them on someone else's door way down the hall.

Yea! I have also anxiously awaited your review! The only experience I have with Carnival is with the Sensation about 4 years ago. It was the only one that worked with our 25th anniversary time frame and only our 2nd cruise. Our first was on the DCL Dream. The next was on RCCL and then on the Getaway. We were so disappointed with the Sensation and made me wonder if that was the norm on Carnival. We love NCL so much, we are sailing on our 2nd Trip on the Getaway in June since the Escape had the same basic itinerary as our last Getaway trip. Your review may just make us give Carnival another try. I can't wait to experience your cruise through your report.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Inside: Regular bed and sofa bed that made into a single bed for Sakari.

P3260045%20copy-L.jpg

The bathroom (and I'm happy to say there's no problem with the shower curtain sticking to you like I've experienced in the past on NCL ships).

P3260046%20copy-L.jpg

I love that Carnival provides you with this mirror attached to the wall that you can move around and see the back of your hair. I wish all ships had that.

P3260047%20copy-L.jpg

Now I just HAVE to show you this toilet...LOL I was so fascinated by it the entire cruise...(watch below)

P4021479-M.jpg

Did you see it? It didn't slam!!! Isn't that the most amazing thing? LOL Seriously. No slamming toilet. hehe

Our room steward had this in the wall and we didn't move it. I know people hate these things, but I always make sure I turn off all the lights when leaving the room to save energy. So I do my part whether or not the ship comes with this feature or not. (I know the issue with the cruisers are it also turns off their items they have charging, but I'm sure when they put this feature in, they weren't thinking about that and merely thinking about turning off the lights and such).

P3260244%20copy-L.jpg

For those parents around the boards with little ones that are always asking about safety and how can they assure their child doesn't get out on the balcony by themselves....

P4021483%20copy-L.jpg

This lock is located up really high on the door. So unless their a climber...

accidentally closing out an entire 1 hour post to my computer randomly shutting off on me or giving me the blue screen of death and losing post. UGH!

Do you use Microsoft Word to type out your review?

If not, I would highly recommend it, since it automatically saves your documents and can even recover your lost documents in case of accidental closures.

Ok, let's get to the balcony...

P4021481%20copy-L.jpg

I don't know, maybe it was just me, but it definitely felt bigger than the regular balcony (maybe it is???) but in the past (at least on NCL) when we have a balcony you basically either have to stand up or turn sideways to let someone by you to get into a chair. It's aggravating. This had plenty of room and we loved it.

P4021484%20copy-L.jpg

Ok, do you notice this huge steel door on my balcony?

P4021486%20copy-L.jpg

Anyone wanna tell me why it's there?? I guess if a storm came, I would be well protected if they closed it.

The weird thing was, behind that door was steps leading up into the ceiling...yikes

P4021487%20copy-L.jpg

Maybe it's a secret hideaway for me (since I'm VIP and all) to get away if we have a Pirate invasion?

P3270315%20copy-L.jpg

The hubby kept wanting to go up and explore. I kept telling him "It's not a cave, there's no exploring and I'm not about to get kicked off the ship" I always throw in my famous line to him "I'll have fun without you"...no joke. LOL

P3270316%20copy-L.jpg

Quite honestly, I did not like this "hole" being up here. It made me feel uneasy and like I was being watched. I would slowly turn my eyes upward to see if there was someone there and at night, I really didn't like it. So if I had my choice again...this WOULD NOT be the balcony for me! Also for those of you that are part of the "Balcony Club"...I'd pass on this one too. No, I'm not part of the club and that's not why I mentioned it because I know you are all thinking it now. LOL

Before long, I was getting a knock on the window from Sakari signaling me that daddy was done and we should go eat.

P3260044%20copy-L.jpg

We headed up to the buffet area and I have to say that I was highly impressed with the decor, which you'll see more of when I do the picture tour of the ship.

IMG_3932%20copy-L.jpg

P3260050%20copy-L.jpg

It was about time for sailaway and I decided that I wanted to head back down to the room and watch it from my balcony.

P3260080%20copy-L.jpg

P3260081%20copy-L.jpg

I picked this particular Cove Balcony because, unlike most of the others, it was the very last one on the end and it didn't have a life boat over top of it like the others.

P3260082%20copy-L.jpg

I would wait for my luggage to arrive, but until then, this wasn't a half bad view.

Loving the review!! That is my son in the first picture of the buffet in the red shirt.

Edited by chris153