MITSUGIRLY lets the BREEZE flow through her hair-Spring Break Review/Pictorial

mitsugirly

Subscribing, I love your reviews! I'm sorry you had all those mishaps but hope your cruise went well after that.

I'm such a cruise addict, I have gone from one cruise a year to two now, and maybe someday I'll up it to 3! LOL

Christina

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had a great cruise. A little bump in the road never stops me. :D We started out 1 a year for the first 2 years. Then I managed to slip in 2 a year. Before long we were doing 3 a year. I just might break the record and do 4 this year but it all depends on if we decide to cruise this summer or do a land vacation somewhere like Cancun. I'm still trying to figure it out. :p

Just loving the review...so want to try Breeze sometime...thanks..your daughter is just wonderful....Sarah

Thanks for the compliments. :) Glad you are enjoying it.

CC really needs to add a follow button in the app... Following! Because I love your reviews :-)

Thank you and glad you are here.

Yea! It's started. We don't sail again until next January, so until then, I will live vicariously through you. Glad you have a better time on the Breeze!!

We had a fantastic time on the Breeze. :)

Great start Kim! (6 pages already:D)

We "Breeze"-d in 2012 when she first arrived in the US. I loved the ship over all but DW hated the layout of the spa, compared to the Dream (her fav ship).

If DW had left her makeup bag(s) at home, yours truly would have had to drive all the way back to pick them up!:eek:

Great start Kim! (6 pages already:D)

We "Breeze"-d in 2012 when she first arrived in the US. I loved the ship over all but DW hated the layout of the spa, compared to the Dream (her fav ship).

If DW had left her makeup bag(s) at home, yours truly would have had to drive all the way back to pick them up!:eek:

Thanks. I just wish I had more time right now. :o Since I don't "spa", I was perfectly happy with the layout. :D

After the 1st or 2nd day, you never catch me with make up on anyhow because it's never dark enough. I just didn't worry to much about it and made sure to stay in hiding as much as possible and not look anyone directly in the eye for fear of scaring them. :p

Ok...on with a little more of the review. Since my room was on deck 2, I might as well continue with DECK 2.

Also, the reason I didn't come back with more of the review yesterday...my washer took a dump! It has been having a few issues over the last year and yesterday was the final straw. It took a lot of skill to trick it into opening up one final last time, to get the wet clothes out of it and run like Forest Gump to the sink with them to wring the water out of them enough to put in the dryer for 5 hours to dry. Sigh. So off to Lowes we went for a new fancy RED washer and dryer. :D I'm over due anyhow. I think my old front loaders are about 13 years old. I will never again buy front loaders. Anyhow...I dedicate this section to WASHING!

There are several "laundry" areas on Carnivals ships. I can not tell you where the others were (I believe I read once maybe they are on the even floors?), but I always passed the one down from us. So, I did manage to stop in and take a peek. There was always someone in there using it, or people sitting out in the hall. It's not exactly how I would want to spend my time on a ship, but to each their own. I imagine the only way that I would EVER use one of these if I was on a back to back. Then that would make sense. The people I did see washing their clothes could have very well been on a back to back...and in that case, I should have kicked them as I walked by...for being so lucky and all.

So I got lucky this night and found that there wasn't anyone in here (although they were being used) and I was able to come in and take some pictures. I had really hoped that clothes owners wouldn't walk in on me and think I was a clothes burglar.

P4010499%20copy-L.jpg

P4010498%20copy-L.jpg

P4010498%20copy-L.jpg

P4010501%20copy-L.jpg

P4010502%20copy-L.jpg

P4010503%20copy-L.jpg

The old "Can you bring an iron" debate...NO you can not, but you will find one in here to use. I honestly can't remember the last time I used an iron for what it is supposed to be used for. I was obsessed with ironing back in my teens...I use to even iron my socks and undies. :eek: That habit died off quickly once the kids came along and when I do clothes now, they go straight from the dryer to hung up. No chance to get wrinkles that way. However traveling...ehh, a wrinkle here and there never hurt me, and if it hurt others, well, I'll probably never cross paths with you again in life and I'm sure my few wrinkles will vanish from your mind as soon as you view the hairy chest contest.

However, I DO use an iron...yes a real iron, to straighten my hair. LOL I learned this trick from my oldest daughter back when she was in her teens. About 4 wipes down the hair (even my long hair) and poof...instant straight hair and off I go! No need to mess around for hours with a straightener when there's better things to be done. But, no worries, I did not slip in the laundry room to straighten my hair at any given point during the cruise. I figured I might be hauled away and put in the rubber room for the remainder of the cruise. Instead...I just pulled my hair up, fuzzy mess, no make up, unironed clothes...and I'm good to go. Hey, it's my vacation, don't judge. :p

P4010504%20copy-L.jpg

I know that wasn't much, but some of us do have to work (even if it's only for 2 hours)...meaning me. So, I need to go get ready...I don't think my patients would be too happy if I showed up in my jammies.

I'll be back later today. :)

No, I do not and honestly, that isn't going to matter. I was typing in word last night, working on my homework due last night, and every time it happened, it didn't save a thing. This happened about 4 times in a matter of 1 hour and I was so frustrated. We went yesterday to get me a new computer and believe it or not, the salesman was super cool and was telling us steps to go through when we get home to figure out why my computer is doing this (it has been doing it for about 2 years, but it's just getting worse) instead of buying a new one. We decided to try what he said...now I just wish I would have purchased the new computer instead because it's still doing it. :(

That is very frustrating!

Well, with a new computer, I would advise you to purchase one with a SSD, not a hard drive.

Also, most laptops purchased from the 'home user' lineup will have additional bloatware/adware/ad links installed by the manufacturer.

Microsoft sells certain certified 'Signature Edition' laptops that are really great. Most come with an SSD and are devoid of any additional bloatware.

I recommend this to all my friends and acquaintances who are looking to make a purchase.

Microsoft Store

With your current computer, it could be any number of reasons ranging from age to software clashes, drivers etc.

Believe it or not, with modern computers, BSODs are very rare. It is mostly a thing of the past but if it occurs frequently as in your case, it is most likely a driver thing. A new update might have installed an incompatible driver which causes system interrupts. Uninstalling this driver/software/update should resolve the problem.

I can try and guide you through troubleshooting if you wish.

The old "Can you bring an iron" debate...NO you can not, but you will find one in here to use. I honestly can't remember the last time I used an iron for what it is supposed to be used for. I was obsessed with ironing back in my teens...I use to even iron my socks and undies. :eek: That habit died off quickly once the kids came along and when I do clothes now, they go straight from the dryer to hung up. No chance to get wrinkles that way. However traveling...ehh, a wrinkle here and there never hurt me, and if it hurt others, well, I'll probably never cross paths with you again in life and I'm sure my few wrinkles will vanish from your mind as soon as you view the hairy chest contest.

However, I DO use an iron...yes a real iron, to straighten my hair. LOL I learned this trick from my oldest daughter back when she was in her teens. About 4 wipes down the hair (even my long hair) and poof...instant straight hair and off I go! No need to mess around for hours with a straightener when there's better things to be done. But, no worries, I did not slip in the laundry room to straighten my hair at any given point during the cruise. I figured I might be hauled away and put in the rubber room for the remainder of the cruise. Instead...I just pulled my hair up, fuzzy mess, no make up, unironed clothes...and I'm good to go. Hey, it's my vacation, don't judge. :p

I'm with you on the ironing....if it wrinkles too easily, it's not for me. My husband is in Commercial Construction, so no fancy clothes that need to be ironed for him, either (not that I would be doing it if that was the case).

So tell me more about the ironing of the hair? Is it a regular iron and what setting? I am very interested in this. You just hold it in the air and pull the iron down over the hair? I'm not sure if you are "punking" us on this or not!

Sorry to interrupt the review, but this is important stuff, folks!!

So tell me more about the ironing of the hair? Is it a regular iron and what setting? I am very interested in this. You just hold it in the air and pull the iron down over the hair? I'm not sure if you are "punking" us on this or not!

In 1968 we used to lay our hair on the ironing board, place the iron on our hair and slowly pull our heads away from the iron. But not within sight of our parents!

Glad to see another one of your awesome reviews! I'm impressed with the quick turnaround time, I wasn't expecting on seeing this so soon.

I've only sailed Carnival once, on Pride, and I have to say so far that the decor on Breeze looks MUCH nicer and brighter IMO.

Edited by Canadian Tyler

Ok...on with a little more of the review. Since my room was on deck 2, I might as well continue with DECK 2.

Also, the reason I didn't come back with more of the review yesterday...my washer took a dump! It has been having a few issues over the last year and yesterday was the final straw. It took a lot of skill to trick it into opening up one final last time, to get the wet clothes out of it and run like Forest Gump to the sink with them to wring the water out of them enough to put in the dryer for 5 hours to dry. Sigh. So off to Lowes we went for a new fancy RED washer and dryer. :D I'm over due anyhow. I think my old front loaders are about 13 years old. I will never again buy front loaders. Anyhow...I dedicate this section to WASHING!

There are several "laundry" areas on Carnivals ships. I can not tell you where the others were (I believe I read once maybe they are on the even floors?), but I always passed the one down from us. So, I did manage to stop in and take a peek. There was always someone in there using it, or people sitting out in the hall. It's not exactly how I would want to spend my time on a ship, but to each their own. I imagine the only way that I would EVER use one of these if I was on a back to back. Then that would make sense. The people I did see washing their clothes could have very well been on a back to back...and in that case, I should have kicked them as I walked by...for being so lucky and all.

So I got lucky this night and found that there wasn't anyone in here (although they were being used) and I was able to come in and take some pictures. I had really hoped that clothes owners wouldn't walk in on me and think I was a clothes burglar.

P4010499%20copy-L.jpg

P4010498%20copy-L.jpg

P4010498%20copy-L.jpg

P4010501%20copy-L.jpg

P4010502%20copy-L.jpg

Our first cruise on the Breeze ( we've sailed her 3 times in a cove) we had the room directly across from the laundramat. OMG. Every single night young people gathered there and "partied" til all hours of the night. There are so much better places on the ship. LIke lounges that have chairs so you don't sit on the floor of the hallway and laundramat. They never did lock that door all cruise week. Numeous calls to customer service desk resulted in nothing. We asked once if they could just keep it down (that was at 4:00 a.m. ) and they only got louder. Never again will I have a come anywhere near a laundramat.

Our first cruise on the Breeze ( we've sailed her 3 times in a cove) we had the room directly across from the laundramat. OMG. Every single night young people gathered there and "partied" til all hours of the night. There are so much better places on the ship. LIke lounges that have chairs so you don't sit on the floor of the hallway and laundramat. They never did lock that door all cruise week. Numeous calls to customer service desk resulted in nothing. We asked once if they could just keep it down (that was at 4:00 a.m. ) and they only got louder. Never again will I have a come anywhere near a laundramat.

OMG, what a nightmare! Noting that for future cruises!!

Glad to see you started this one! Not only will the ship bring back great memories from last years cruise but you went to some places we are going this year so I know I will be well informed before we leave!!

Oh that's awesome (that we went the same places you'll be going this year) and hopefully you might get some ideas...that is if you are water loving people like we are in search for a beach. :D

That is very frustrating!

Well, with a new computer, I would advise you to purchase one with a SSD, not a hard drive.

Also, most laptops purchased from the 'home user' lineup will have additional bloatware/adware/ad links installed by the manufacturer.

Microsoft sells certain certified 'Signature Edition' laptops that are really great. Most come with an SSD and are devoid of any additional bloatware.

I recommend this to all my friends and acquaintances who are looking to make a purchase.

Microsoft Store

With your current computer, it could be any number of reasons ranging from age to software clashes, drivers etc.

Believe it or not, with modern computers, BSODs are very rare. It is mostly a thing of the past but if it occurs frequently as in your case, it is most likely a driver thing. A new update might have installed an incompatible driver which causes system interrupts. Uninstalling this driver/software/update should resolve the problem.

I can try and guide you through troubleshooting if you wish.

The computer I have is an All-In-One Dell Inspiron. I absolutely love the computer (and so does Sakari because of the touch screen and she loves to draw and play games on it). I will probably never go back to anything that is not an all in one if I can help it. I hate the extra space the others take up...I have enough crap on my desk. LOL

As for a laptop, I just can't use them. I don't know, I hate the keyboards, I hate the way they feel...I definitely can't use the scroll mousy thing and have to always buy a regular mouse to use with them. I just hate them. So any laptop is out of the question. I bring my little 10" on cruises with me, but the hubby is mainly the one who uses it and I have only used it the last 2 cruises because of school. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even touch it. :p

I found another all in one (Acer) with either 8GB or 16GB that was pretty decent (at MicroCenter yesterday) and also a HP Envy. We were going back and forth between those two until the sales rep told me to "try" a few things first. The only thing is, the things he told me to try, I did, and brought the stuff up, but don't know what to do with it after that. :cool:

I believe the hubby has tried to install or update the driver before. It didn't correct it nor cause it (it was doing it before). If you want to hear something super weird...my computer has NEVER been updated before..since 2011. When I try to do updates, it will tell me "searching for updates" for hours on end and never gives me anything. LOL Maybe that's the problem, maybe not.

I would love any advice or help you have for me. I'll try whatever. If nothing works, I'll be getting a new one and this one can be wiped clean, install a new version of Windows on it and taken to the hubby's store for customers to use. :p (mitsubishigirl 19 hotmail)

We are sailing on the Breeze in September with my 6 year old son and 7 year old nephew. Not sure if this review is helping me pass the time or just making me even more excited. Curious to see how your daughter liked the kids camp.

5 months from today we will be on the Breeze!

I would start by defragmenting the computer. Basically, if it does this, the puter maybe salvageable. If it doesn't let you defrag; you many have a big problem that will frustrate you more than the computer is worth. I am assuming you already ran it through an antiviral software program.

I would love any advice or help you have for me. I'll try whatever. If nothing works, I'll be getting a new one and this one can be wiped clean, install a new version of Windows on it and taken to the hubby's store for customers to use.

I sent you an email with some steps.

Hopefully, we can sort this out for you.

One option is to do a clean wipe and reinstall from system restore.

But we'll get to that later.

I would start by defragmenting the computer. Basically, if it does this, the puter maybe salvageable. If it doesn't let you defrag; you many have a big problem that will frustrate you more than the computer is worth. I am assuming you already ran it through an antiviral software program. p

Defrag actually doesn't help with BSODs, it simply arranges the fragmented files together so the processor doesn't spend time looking for files in different places.

And computers are hardy, the only thing in computers that goes bad with regularity are hard drives.

Hard drives are also the reason computers run slow.

I love every new post you make!!

LOL, well thank you! :D

I'm with you on the ironing....if it wrinkles too easily, it's not for me. My husband is in Commercial Construction, so no fancy clothes that need to be ironed for him, either (not that I would be doing it if that was the case).

Haha, not no Ashton Kutcher prank here. I take a regular iron and fold a towel and iron the hair. I've done it for about 10 years or longer. My hair is just so long that it takes forever to use a regular straightener. So using an iron, it goes super fast. I couple of swipes with the iron on one side and the towel in my hand laying flat on the other and I'm done. :D