MITSUGIRLY lets the BREEZE flow through her hair-Spring Break Review/Pictorial

mitsugirly

We head over to a line that seems to be going around the corner. Oh boy. It's 12 noon and I didn't know what to expect at this point. I see people going off in different directions. I stop to ask people standing at the gate of ropes and show her my boarding pass. She tells me "Right this way" and I pass everyone up and up to the door we walk and into security. I felt like VIP...but in reality, I was just extremely late, but a girl can dream right?

Everything went onto the security belts and we walk through the metal detectors (wait, I'm feeling like VIP, maybe it's medal detectors for me ~cheesin~).

The hubby had to put the luggage of 4 cases of pop - (minus) 2 cans that exploded back at the hotel, onto the belt and I patiently waited for them to take the luggage off, pull us to the side, make us open it up to verify what was in it and that they were all sealed, not to mention we had 4 cases, instead of 3 cases, all while everyone would look on as if we were trying to smuggle some unknown substance in and waiting to watch them handcuff us and whisk us away.

"Thank you and enjoy your cruise!" they said with a smile. Wait...what? What just happened? They weren't going to pull us aside and inspect our pop luggage like they did in the past? This was weird. I really was feeling like VIP now.

We headed straight upstairs to check in. Barely any lines and as we followed the not-necessary-at-this-point winding retractable belt lines with no one in them, I felt as though they were trying to get me to do some walking exercise prior to getting on the ship and eating myself into a food coma. I mean I didn't really have breakfast this morning...thanks hubby!

We arrived at the counter, checked in and it was time to apply our abundance amount of Carnival Gift Cards. We purchased gift cards at our local Giant Eagle, which earns us money back on gas (last year for the Pride, we earned enough points to get FREE...yes I said FREE gas for both of our cars for 3 months and 2 days I believe it was). We purchased money using our Verizon points online (for $90 you get $100 and for $450 you get $500). We also purchased using another site someone on here told us about that was also another money saving-one time deal plus got money off on our cc used to do it. It's a win-win with Carnival and these cards. Makes me always want to book with Carnival just for the money savings deals you can get.

Now, it did take this rep quite some time to apply these to our account. After several attempts to get the cards from our grocery store applied, he finally managed to do it. He gave it several tries of scanning it, several times of imputing it manually, went on to the other cards, then came back to them. Finally they worked. I was getting VERY nervous, but yet know that I checked the balances prior to leaving and knew they were good and the money was on there.

That, by far, was the longest part of the process. We grabbed our cards and off we headed to get in line to get on the ship.

P3260036%20copy-L.jpg

It was 12:46pm and we were headed into the gangway.

Like always, Sakari in the lead acting as if she needs to hurry or she'll be left behind.

P3260037%20copy-L.jpg

I couldn't even get her to stop long enough to get a picture with the ship in the background. We caught up with her right as she was ready to take her first step onto the beautiful Breeze.

P3260038%20copy-L.jpg

They did tell us when we checked in that the rooms were ready and we would be able to go straight to them. The hubby was relieved that he would not have to lug around the pop.

We headed down to the room to look for our Cove Balcony...Room 2441 toward the back of the ship.

We walked in and seen our pretty room in blue and yellow.

P3260039%20copy-L.jpg

The family always acts clueless with what to do even though they have been on quite a few cruises. This time, I decided I would not be doing everything and started handing out orders. The hubbys job was to empty the refrigerator and start putting our pop in.

IMG_3931%20copy-L.jpg

I think he was shocked that he was given a chore to do, but he'll get over it. I'm still paying him back for this morning...wait, I thought I had dementia and didn't remember things. This was different, I'm using it to my advantage this time around.

We see our complimentary waters and then the Carnival bottles of water on steriods there too.

ALSO NOTICE THERE'S A SHARPS CONTAINER THAT HAD BEEN LEFT IN MY ROOM FROM THE PREVIOUS CRUISERS.

P3260048%20copy-L.jpg

Edited by mitsugirly

I decide to head on out to check out my "Cove Balcony" while the hubby put away the pop.

IMG_3930%20copy-L.jpg

I have to say that this cove balcony was way different that the cove balcony I was previously on while on a NCL ship. The NCL ship cove was a lot more closed in and private. This felt more open and more like a regular balcony to me.

IMG_3929%20copy-L.jpg

Showing off my unpainted toenails since the polish was left back home in my make-up bag.

IMG_3933%20copy-L.jpg

Filler Up...

P3260041%20copy-L.jpg

P3260043%20copy-L.jpg

P3260042%20copy-L.jpg

Before long, I was getting a knock on the window from Sakari signaling me that daddy was done and we should go eat.

P3260044%20copy-L.jpg

We headed up to the buffet area and I have to say that I was highly impressed with the decor, which you'll see more of when I do the picture tour of the ship.

IMG_3932%20copy-L.jpg

P3260050%20copy-L.jpg

It was about time for sailaway and I decided that I wanted to head back down to the room and watch it from my balcony.

P3260080%20copy-L.jpg

P3260081%20copy-L.jpg

I picked this particular Cove Balcony because, unlike most of the others, it was the very last one on the end and it didn't have a life boat over top of it like the others.

P3260082%20copy-L.jpg

I would wait for my luggage to arrive, but until then, this wasn't a half bad view.

Edited by mitsugirly

Our luggage arrived and I started putting it away. However, we had an extra luggage as well. I pulled it across the hall hoping that someone would notice it that might be missing it. However, for the entire day, this luggage would end up back at our door. I did look at the tag and believe it or not, the owner had written our room number on it. Obvious mistake of course. I told the room steward it was not ours, but it would end up back at my door another 2 times before it disappeared for eternity.

We had our safety meeting at 4pm in the dining room and it went super quick and very organized. I think it's probably the quickest one I have ever been to before.

Back to the room to finish unpacking and watch the sailaway.

P3260083%20copy-L.jpg

While watching many of our devastating plane crash documentaries on Netflix, one of them happen to be about a family owned business (Chalks) that had the seaplanes, I still find it so fascinating to watch these planes take off and especially land.

P3260084%20copy-L.jpg

P3260086%20copy-L.jpg

While stalking ships on the Miami web cam, I have watched ships go down in a little area and turn around and head out. This will be the first time we have been on a ship that actually does this during our cruise...well at least that I'm aware of.

P3260087%20copy-L.jpg

P3260088%20copy-L.jpg

P3260090%20copy-L.jpg

More of us turning around to head out...

P3260095%20copy-L.jpg

P3260097%20copy-L.jpg

P3260099%20copy-L.jpg

Of course the seaplane takes off once we had left darnit. I love when they are right beside us but do remember the documentary talking about just how hard these planes are to control while going from the water to the air and just how risky it is, so I guess it's a good thing they are not right beside us.

P3260100%20copy-L.jpg

P3260102%20copy-L.jpg

P3260105%20copy-L.jpg

I have never been able to see dolphins or any other type of animals, when sailing away, even after reading multiple reports of people seeing them. Could this be it???

Of course not, just some seagulls catching a dinner from the water being churned up.

P3260106%20copy-L.jpg

P3260109%20copy-L.jpg

P3260117%20copy-L.jpg

P3260120%20copy-L.jpg

P3260123%20copy-L.jpg

P3260127%20copy-M.jpg

P3260142%20copy-M.jpg

We decided after we hit the open ocean to head up on deck for a bit.

We just hung out for awhile and watched the sun go down.

P3260202%20copy-M.jpg

I would soon realize that this cruise would be a little different than my non-stop go-go-go cruises that I usually do. It was already the evening and I haven't even checked this ship out.

We went back to the room to get dressed for dinner around 7pm. We chose any time dining because I like going to eat when I'm hungry, not when I'm told I have to go. I also like eating with just my family and not strangers or someone they have picked for me to eat with. Believe it or not, I am shy.

P3260211%20copy-M.jpg

P3260212%20copy-M.jpg

P3260213%20copy-M.jpg

P3260219%20copy-M.jpg

They brought Sakari's lemonade in a wine-type glass and she just kept talking about how she was a big girl drinking out of this cup. "Take a picture of me holding it and drinking out of it mommy."

P3260209%20copy-M.jpg

Our bread basket. I have to say that I love the butter trays they have out. It sure beats trying to open up the small packages and at least the butter is spreadable.

P3260210%20copy-M.jpg

I ordered the Smoked Chicken Quesadilla

P3260206%20copy-M.jpg

It was yummy.

P3260214%20copy-M.jpg

Sakari went with a grilled cheese "sammich" and chips.

P3260216%20copy-M.jpg

I also had a salad because I was craving one.

P3260215%20copy-M.jpg

Yeay! Always love your reviews,great pics and just enough review! Also, especially excited because its a Breeze review. We'll be sailing on the Breeze next Sunday for the 3rd time, so anxious to hear your thoughts About your cruise. And I gotta say ,your little girl, adorable! I miss that age, goes by too fast.

For the main, I ordered the sweet & sour Shrimp.

P3260207%20copy-M.jpg

It was good and the hubby (who doesn't eat seafood, but has managed to develop a liking to shrimp scampi) ordered the same. He didn't really care for the dipping sauce and ask them about it saying it had garlic in it. They said if it didn't taste as if it had enough garlic for him, they would bring him a garlic based sauce, which they did. Now that's awesome service.

P3260217%20copy-M.jpg

I did order a side of mac, bacon & cheese because everyone has always talked about how yummy it is and it did not disappoint.

P3260208%20copy-M.jpg

P3260218%20copy-M.jpg

For desert, the waiter suggested the pie à la mode and it was ok. I was so full that I didn't eat it all.

P3260220%20copy-M.jpg

Our entire eating experience took about 1 1/2 hours according to my pictures, but I swear it felt longer than that. I know they pre-make the dishes and really can't understand why it takes so long...on any ship. NCL is the same way for the most part. Just saying...

Edited by mitsugirly

We headed back to the room and Sakari had been begging to go swimming. We figured it wouldn't be too crowded and decided it was a good choice. I mean really what options did we have since it's the first night of the cruise and for SOME REASON Carnival does not have the kids club open on the first night of the cruise on any of their ships. I seriously do not understand why??? Can anyone answer this?

We headed to the main pool and I was correct, not many people swimming tonight.

Sakari tells me "Watch me do this taranabow"

P3260241%20copy-M.jpg

Um...taranabow? LOL Never heard of such a thing but we took this opportunity to teach her the right word. We ask her if she knew what a cannon was (especially since we seen so many in Bermuda) and then told her the ball that comes out of it =cannon ball, which is what she resembles when she's in a ball. I'm still cracking up about this. This reminds me of those songs you grew up singing thinking they were saying certain words only to find out 40 years later that it said something else.

Tonight would also be the first night that Sakari ever learned to dive. It only took her 2 tries and she had it. Now she just needs to learn to keep the legs straight, point the toes and tuck her head.

P3260236%20copy-M.jpg

P3260242%20copy-M.jpg

A video (below) of her diving a few times.

Sakari%20diving-M.jpg

Edited by mitsugirly

We headed back to the room around 10pm to find our first towel animal was there to greet us.

P3260229%20copy-L.jpg

Of course after Sakari's "taranabow" comment tonight, I said "Look Sakari, it's an elfanent" Oh, the look I got from here and she says "How many other words do I say wrong because I have always thought it was elephant" :eek: Oops.

P3260231%20copy-L.jpg

I told her she could bring only 1 item with her this cruise and she decided to pick her bunny "Fluss" (since it was easter and all) and it's not a stuffed animal I have EVER seen her play with before. How do you bring an animal to experience something as important as a Caribbean cruise that you never play with and make all the others back home jealous because you know Fluss will rub it in when he gets home!

P3260232%20copy-L.jpg

Sakari took her shower and off to lala land for the night. I checked in with the kids back home and my sons finance, Courtney and she ensured me that the Easter bunny was coming to the house tomorrow, even though Sakari was not home for Easter. She will be so happy. :)

I have had several mishaps various times of the day, while trying to post this review, from accidentally closing out an entire 1 hour post to my computer randomly shutting off on me or giving me the blue screen of death and losing post. UGH!

I'm done for the night. I will see if I can do the actual ship review tomorrow, but have to find all the pictures from just the ship only. Fingers crossed I'll be back. :D

I hope everyone is enjoying it so far. I'll be back tomorrow some time to respond to comments so far. :)