C&A Status and MDR Seating

Last summer, we had made it to Platinum on C&A. For dinner on the Brilliance, our family of 3 was seated at a table for 3. Considering that our son often ate with other teens in the youth program, it was often just the two of us for dinner.

Last week on the Majesty, the three of us were seated at a table for 4, with the 4th seat empty.

This time, we missed not having other people to converse over dinner.

If you achieve a higher status on C&A, do they assign you to smaller tables?

I actually look forward to meeting people at dinner. Any way to get assigned to a table with other people?

We're almost always seated at a table for eight, and lately it seems to be with others who are higher up in C&A. This is traditional late seating in the MDR.

On our last cruise, we were at an eight-top all by ourselves the first night and requested to be moved to a table with others. On the second night, we moved with another couple who were alone at an eight-top, and by the middle of the cruise, we had a full table as people were added on. We even brought on the head of housekeeping and her mother, who was visiting from Germany.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

We always ask for a table for six when we reserve. On one cruise we were platinum, two sisters were on their first cruise and the other couple I believe were pinnacle so I don't think C&A status entered into it. Our table was next to the captain's table and the pinnacle couple was invited to dine there one night - actually, it was the only night the table was occupied.

You can check out your table when you board. If you would like a larger table than you see just talk to the head waiter.

But don't always count on it, last cruise they were not making any change [emoji15]. I'm glad I made a request before boarding

We LOVE having table mates...we always request a LARGE table when booking...you can, too! This really only works with traditional seating. In MTD, no one wants to eat with others.

Your C&A status has nothing to do with how you're seated....it's all about what you request!

Edited by cb at sea