Calling all Seattle experts!

Blondie008

I'm sorry Brian I have no idea - we used our cab driver a LOT - he would give us silly cheap prices at times - he was amazing - we often do this in major cities if we find a cab driver we like we ask for his mobile number and call him direct - this is what we did with our driver Dawoot in Seattle - he was awesome!

I think from the airport was on a meter - I honestly have no clue of pricing - just know it certainly didn't seem any worse (in fact prob cheaper) than cabs would be here at home.

I loved that he came for us when we left the ship - he hung around for ages for us - and must have missed out on other business...

Of course we tipped him generously all the way -

He was a star - it was the Orange cabs he drove.

I have a card somewhere if its of any use.

Hi,thanks anyway.Anyone out there know how much Uber charge?The way the GBP is going after todays Brexit I might have a go at this "panhandling" lark, lol,cheers,Brian.

Lots of good info in this board.THANKS!

We are coming in to go on a cruise and need some help planning transportation. There are 6 of us including my 85-year old parents.

We are staying at the Renaissance, on Madison I think.

(1) We need to get from airport to hotel with all our baggage; (2) from hotel to the pier the next day, and (3) from pier to airport to check baggage and then we'll have at least 4 hours to kill.

Ideas?

Lots of good info in this board.THANKS!

We are coming in to go on a cruise and need some help planning transportation. There are 6 of us including my 85-year old parents.

We are staying at the Renaissance, on Madison I think.

(1) We need to get from airport to hotel with all our baggage; (2) from hotel to the pier the next day, and (3) from pier to airport to check baggage and then we'll have at least 4 hours to kill.

Ideas?

I would try and find a Town Car to get from the airport to downtown. Just Google Seattle Town Cars or Limo Service. Another option would be Shuttle Express. You can Google them as well.

You could also take the train if you wanted but with luggage that is problematic. If you do take the train, keep a SHARP eye on your luggage.

From the hotel to the pier (depends on which ship you are on as to where you are going) you will need a taxi, shuttle or town car. Same with the other direction. As far as having time to kill, SeaTac is a pretty nice airport with lots of good places to eat.

Jim

The Renaissance will most likely have a shuttle. We stayed at the Renaissance after our cruise a couple of weeks ago and really liked it, even if it is a bit of a climb uphill from some of our favorite restaurants.

Uber Black was about $55 from the airport to the Marriott Waterfront before our trip, and about $55 or so from the Renaissance to the airport upon conclusion of our trip. We liked it because Uber Black is a larger, more comfortable car and it picks up in the loading zone just outside the baggage claim instead of having to go across to the parking garage.