New to MSC and confused about Bella/Fantastica

JUSRN

I don't understand the difference. Is it just the amenities?

We just booked a Bella guaranty on Divina and were assigned a Fantastica cabin. Does that mean we get Fantastica benefits? Does having Bella mean we really might not be able to dine in MDR?

One other thing.....Is there a deck on Divina that is only available to Yacht Club? Are there any decks we cannot not use being Bella?

I don't understand the difference. Is it just the amenities?

We just booked a Bella guaranty on Divina and were assigned a Fantastica cabin. Does that mean we get Fantastica benefits? Does having Bella mean we really might not be able to dine in MDR?

One other thing.....Is there a deck on Divina that is only available to Yacht Club? Are there any decks we cannot not use being Bella?

If you were upgraded to a Fantastica experience, you will receive the Fantastica benefits. All pax,,,except Yacht Club members,,will be assigned one of two main dining rooms regardless of experience level. Yacht Club consists of 3 forward decks, deck 15,16 and 18. To see where the Yacht Club areas begin and end,,you can have a look at the deck plan.https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/msc_divina_deckplan_3-16.pdf

Yacht club has it's own private deck space and lounge / restaurant. They are the only public spaces which cannot be accessed by other passengers whether you are Bella, Fantastica or Aurea experience.

As a Bella, Fantastica or Aurea guest you can access all public areas (when open) apart from the private Yacht Club spaces

If you were upgraded to a Fantastica experience, you will receive the Fantastica benefits.

I wish but not quite right. You retain the Experience you paid for, not the one you are upgraded to:

Complimentary upgrades for higher stateroom categories does not specifically mean an upgrade into Experience. If there is a stateroom upgrade, you will keep the original Inclusive Experience paid for.

This from the Terms & Conditions on the USA website and has also been true in my experience. Not specifically trying to contradict Mikesa1721 but didn't want to have JURSN expectations set too high.

Bret

I wish but not quite right. You retain the Experience you paid for, not the one you are upgraded to:

Complimentary upgrades for higher stateroom categories does not specifically mean an upgrade into Experience. If there is a stateroom upgrade, you will keep the original Inclusive Experience paid for.

This from the Terms & Conditions on the USA website and has also been true in my experience. Not specifically trying to contradict Mikesa1721 but didn't want to have JURSN expectations set too high.

Bret

I checked to be sure the info I was stating was correct and unfortunately my "edit" post had already timed out,,,,my bad JURSN!!!!

Bella saves you money and the cabins are not necessarily in what are considered the 'best' parts of the ship.

The mention of having to dine in a reserved area of the buffet seems to have disappeared from the UK website.

I've not done Bella so I'm not sure how true this ever was, but I do recall seeing a sectioned off part of the buffet on Fantasia at Christmas. From my understanding this was for Bella guests, who still had table cloths, waiter service etc, and the same menu as the MDR.

One of the things that is a difference is the 'flexibility' in changing sailing date or guest name, but I dont see why this matters if you're already decided.

There's no free delivery of the room service, but is this needed when the buffet is 20 hours per day?

• 2 months later...
Are there any drink packages included with Fantastica?

Unless you happened to purchase your cruise back at one time when there was a particular promotion that included drink vouchers, the answer is no. No drinks are currently offered as part of the Fantastica experience.

Bret

Even if you are Bella you will still be assigned a dining and time.

NOT NECESSARILY as I've stated on other threads and here is what I've said

You can read it for yourself

This is from the UK brochure

experience%20BELLA.jpg

It is the small print at the bottom of the image and says

"Should the main restaurant be full, Bella Experience guests may be asked to be seated in the Buffet area, wher they will rerceive full main rstaurant service"

This is only likely to occur when the ship is sailing near to full capacity.

tHis is a quote from another thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2325798&highlight=bella

This is only likely to occur when the ship is sailing near to full capacity.

tHis is a quote from another thread

Well would you believe long before they thought of their experiences, I was relegated to the buffet on my only cruise on the Fantasia. Sure I still had waiter service and the same menu as the 2 MDRs but it did not have the same atmosphere. Really didn't like it at all. They used it as an overflow section for the MDR. It was a cruise late April/early May so not even peak season. I was a Gold member at the time (Black didn't exist). I was all for making a fuss to get moved but my cousins liked our table companions so didn't want me to insist on being moved.

We are on the Aug 13 Divina sailing. Purchases the TZ advertised 399 inside cabin, Bella experience, cabin to be assigned.

We were upgraded to an inside cabin on deck 11. Although it reads Fantastica Experience now, upon calling MSC, they said it is the room only, and does not include the extra amenities associated with the Fantastica experience.

If you were upgraded to a Fantastica experience, you will receive the Fantastica benefits. All pax,,,except Yacht Club members,,will be assigned one of two main dining rooms regardless of experience level. Yacht Club consists of 3 forward decks, deck 15,16 and 18. To see where the Yacht Club areas begin and end,,you can have a look at the deck plan.https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/msc_divina_deckplan_3-16.pdf

According to MSC rep, this is not accurate as far as being upgraded to the Fantastica Experience

Edited by SnootieTootie

We are on the Aug 13 Divina sailing. Purchases the TZ advertised 399 inside cabin, Bella experience, cabin to be assigned.

We were upgraded to an inside cabin on deck 11. Although it reads Fantastica Experience now, upon calling MSC, they said it is the room only, and does not include the extra amenities associated with the Fantastica experience.

That's correct. You get the upgraded room but not the corresponding "Experience" benefits. You will only get the benefits applicable to the level you booked.

Edited by Beamafar

We just experienced Fantastica on the Divina this past week. The cabin was an interior, midship, Deck 10 cabin and was great! Big cabin, big bed, with a chair, table, and ottoman/seat. We thoroughly enjoyed it!

Edited by TheSoccerCoach

That's correct. You get the upgraded room but not the corresponding "Experience" benefits. You will only get the benefits applicable to the level you booked.

Here's the wording from the UK web site Ts&Cs

Cabin Numbers and Other Preferences

Specific cabin numbers, decks, dining arrangements or bed types can be requested at the time of booking. However, these arrangements cannot always be guaranteed. When a complimentary upgrade is offered, our guests will benefit from the higher category cabin, and continue to receive the experience benefits booked (precruise or on-board).

Pete

Edited by Skier52

There are quite a few differences in policy between US and UK/Europe when it comes to MSC.

Deposits are refundable in the US so you get to change your mind after booking without it costing you!

An omelette station was set up on Divina when she homeported in Miami - that hadn't been available when she was in Europe, nor do any of her sister ships offer this service.

Am I right in saying that coffee is served in the MDR at meals other than breakfast on Divina?

The difference in prices for the Allegrissimo/More for Less packages is very striking. It's €26pppd for the former and $45pppd for the latter - that works out at €40.50 based on today's exchange rates :eek:

Edited by Beamafar