Remaining on the boat

Pendle Witch

Having just returned from my first River Cruise, I can say most everyone

was off the ship during the day but you definitely have the option staying

on board.

They don't have activities offered though.......I would say to bring a book/

kindle/or if you enjoy crosswords or that type of activity. Or if you just

enjoy sitting and watching the scenery/napping you can do that as well.

Just be aware that the boat may not move while everyone is away, or may just do some technical maneuvers (exciting stuff like emptying the bilge :eek:)

Just be aware that the boat may not move while everyone is away, or may just do some technical maneuvers (exciting stuff like emptying the bilge :eek:)

LOL that too......:eek:;)......

I became friendly with a couple from South Carolina while on the cruise.

She has an auto immune disease which tires her out VERY quickly.....

I know some days hubby would do a tour and she would stay on board

and nap.....so you can do whatever you want:)

We just enjoyed a halfsies kind of day morning on the free excursion and then after lunch we just hung out..watched a movie in our room while looking out our window and taking a little rest (the ship did not move) and then went back into town via a tram for a hour or so t a local museum. We just skipped the optional excurisons and had a grand time. :)

We just enjoyed a halfsies kind of day morning on the free excursion and then after lunch we just hung out..watched a movie in our room while looking out our window and taking a little rest (the ship did not move) and then went back into town via a tram for a hour or so t a local museum. We just skipped the optional excurisons and had a grand time. :)

Glad to hear you're enjoying your trip. With a party of five, ranging in age from 57-88, that is sort of what I had in mind. We'll do the free excursions and can rest, as needed/desired, or walk into town during our free time. It will all be new, interesting, and exciting to us!:)

Thankyou everyone, We have decided for the time being to stick to the sea cruises. Thank again.

The Amsterdam to Basel itinerary is one you might consider in the future. There is an entire day of just cruising along the river on the Rhine Gorge. If you choose your cruise line right, you will be parked in towns such as Cologne, Rudesheim, Mainz, so if you stay on board, there is pretty scenery to look at.

The Amsterdam to Basel itinerary is one you might consider in the future. There is an entire day of just cruising along the river on the Rhine Gorge. If you choose your cruise line right, you will be parked in towns such as Cologne, Rudesheim, Mainz, so if you stay on board, there is pretty scenery to look at.

Thankyou, we will keep that in mind.