Celebrity Summit - Recent Reviews Not So Good??

kpun

We are booked on the Celebrity Summit at the end of October and after seeing recent negative reviews of the ship, even after drydock, it is making me worried. We usually cruise with Disney (7 times) and have cruised on RCL (4 times) but with the youngest off to university in September, hubby and I decided to try Celebrity.

Am I going to be disappointed?

If you've recently been on the Summit, any reviews you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

We are booked on the Celebrity Summit at the end of October and after seeing recent negative reviews of the ship, even after drydock, it is making me worried. We usually cruise with Disney (7 times) and have cruised on RCL (4 times) but with the youngest off to university in September, hubby and I decided to try Celebrity.

Am I going to be disappointed?

If you've recently been on the Summit, any reviews you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

We love the Summit, it is one of our favourite ships. We were just on the summit on March 9 and 26, the only negative comment I have is that the March 26 sailing had way to many kids running wild (but that was our fault for booking near Easter and Spring break and on a 7 day cruise) - normally the rest of our Celebrity cruises have not had many children.

We have been on lots of cruises and I think 9 times on the Summit so far, and I will be on the Summit for most of October and three weeks in November this year. We also have the Summit already booked for October/November 2017.

I will say that we aren't people that only like big fancy new boats and I don't look for rust and carpet issues. The dry dock was quick, so there are still some issues, but it isn't stuff I am concerned about. For example, on the pool deck at one place the decking had a hole in it, which we had issues with a few Summit cruises ago (the hole would fill with water and get hot and splash out when you stepped on it), by last November 2015 they had glued that together so it no longer is an issue, but I noted in March, when I walked by it is still there (meaning glued down), so the decking hasn't been replaced, but again, as long as it doesn't splash hot water, I don't care that the pool deck has that minor in perfection.

I find that on the Eclipse I'm more wowed by the newness and the features when you walk around, but I like the little smaller size and feel of the Summit. I find we get to know more of the staff and fellow cruisers (if you want to).

I was on Summit March 26 (with 2 little kids!) and I had a great cruise. I believe the only real *legitimate* complaint I've seen on these boards is related to the condition of the staterooms. They really are dated and bordering on becoming shabby. But the public areas are in excellent condition, with a few exceptions, and the crew is wonderful.

People can be hard to please, no matter what, and everyone has different priorities. But I've been on over 20 cruises with different lines and ships, and Summit is my all time favorite.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

We have been on the Summit twice in the past two years. The staff is amazing! The rooms, are OK. Yes, it is well worn and does show it in some places but we love her. It is more intimate than the larger ships. And as I said the staff is wonderful and more than accomodating. The Capt is always visible and friendly as is his whole crew. We loved that about The Summit.

Go, enjoy a different ship. You will not be disappointed !

Happy Sailing.

I am an experienced cruiser, but going on my first X cruise in 2 and half weeks on the Summit. I have every intention of writing a few review and taking pictures that I will be happy to bore you with. My review will be from the perspective of someone brand new to Celebrity, who is not sailing in a suite. So check this board around May 8 or 9th.

Slight disclaimer: I am a glass half-full kind of person, so I tend to see most things in a very positive light.

We enjoy sailing on the Summit very much. For a "small" ship, having three banks of elevators is fantastic. Show me three banks on a large ship! It makes getting around pretty easy.

The crew is great. The pastry chef is top shelf. You realize how good the pastry/deserts are when you go to another ship and have the "same" thing. I like the bar servers, too. I recognize them, and...they remember what I drink.

We just enjoy not having to wash dishes, grocery shop, etc. go, and you will enjoy!

The crew is what makes the difference. Everyone with a smile from housekeeping to the captain. Easy to get around. Are their gripes? Absolutely but Cruise Critic tone has changed in recent months to pretty much lets put down the ship. Doesn't matter which ship or line.

I am an experienced cruiser, but going on my first X cruise in 2 and half weeks on the Summit. I have every intention of writing a few review and taking pictures that I will be happy to bore you with. My review will be from the perspective of someone brand new to Celebrity, who is not sailing in a suite. So check this board around May 8 or 9th.

Slight disclaimer: I am a glass half-full kind of person, so I tend to see most things in a very positive light.

I'll be sailing shortly after you so will be really looking forward to your review (however rose-colored it may be :D ).

I wish I could say I'd been on the Summit recently. We loved that ship and would book again except she's been chartered a lot and being a teacher there are only certain weeks I can travel.

I do not think you'll be disappointed at all. I really haven't seen any bad reviews. Stop worrying and you'll enjoy a great va-cay.

One of things we like best about the Summit is she is a 'plain old ship', no waterslides, no bowling, no ice rinks, no climbing walls, no surf park. If you are looking for bells and whistles this is not your ship, if you are wanting to enjoy a beautiful medium size (easier to meet people) ship then Summit will be fine.

I loved the Summit also and look forward to booking her again in the near future - this time I want to bring the (adult) kids. :)

I thought all the staff was wonderful and my room didn't seem shabby at all.

I booked with her sister ship the Infintiy this fall - I like the size of the ship. Not so overwhelming!

Follow Captain Kate on Instagram (captainkatemccue) to get inside views of the Summit. Beautiful ship. And Captain Kate is awesome!

We love the Summit, it is one of our favourite ships. We were just on the summit on March 9 and 26, the only negative comment I have is that the March 26 sailing had way to many kids running wild (but that was our fault for booking near Easter and Spring break and on a 7 day cruise) - normally the rest of our Celebrity cruises have not had many children.

We have been on lots of cruises and I think 9 times on the Summit so far, and I will be on the Summit for most of October and three weeks in November this year. We also have the Summit already booked for October/November 2017.

I will say that we aren't people that only like big fancy new boats and I don't look for rust and carpet issues. The dry dock was quick, so there are still some issues, but it isn't stuff I am concerned about. For example, on the pool deck at one place the decking had a hole in it, which we had issues with a few Summit cruises ago (the hole would fill with water and get hot and splash out when you stepped on it), by last November 2015 they had glued that together so it no longer is an issue, but I noted in March, when I walked by it is still there (meaning glued down), so the decking hasn't been replaced, but again, as long as it doesn't splash hot water, I don't care that the pool deck has that minor in perfection.

I find that on the Eclipse I'm more wowed by the newness and the features when you walk around, but I like the little smaller size and feel of the Summit. I find we get to know more of the staff and fellow cruisers (if you want to).

Thanks! Looks like we are on the same sailing on October 22!

Looking forward to it!!

The Summit is a wonderful ship. We have been on her more times than I can count and we will be on her again this November. Check out my youtube videos from past cruises on the Summit. They may help allay any fears you have.

I've actually watched your videos prior to booking!

The Summit is a wonderful ship. We have been on her more times than I can count and we will be on her again this November. Check out my youtube videos from past cruises on the Summit. They may help allay any fears you have.

Outstanding photo review with great backround music. Thanks for sharing.....:):):)

Bob

I am looking forward to your review. I love your disclaimer as I too am a "half-glass full" person. When reading some posts you would think people were serving a prison sentence! I always say the worst day on a cruise is better than working !

I am looking forward to your review. I love your disclaimer as I too am a "half-glass full" person. When reading some posts you would think people were serving a prison sentence! I always say the worst day on a cruise is better than working !

I agree. As long as both my DH and I come home and neither of us are in a box, all arms and legs are still attached, and neither of us is wearing an eye patch then I consider it a net gain. I had such a rough day at work today, comparing it to my worst cruise experience, I'll take my worst day on a cruise over the day I had today! :)

Please take reviews with a grain of salt. I'm so tired of people writing these horrific reviews on cruises. After we booked our cruise on the Constellation in February, I started reading the reviews.wow..I'm wondering what did I just book a cruise on a tuna barge?

This was wrong and that was wrong. Could not beleive what I was reading.

We took the cruise and it was the best cruise we've ever been on. Not one true legitimate complaint.

Granted we are easy people to please and I'm sure if I wanted to could have found something. But I truly find it hard to believe like in a recent review I read that a cruiser bullet pointed about 20 things wrong. Now come on. You want it perfect, pay $20 k and go on a high end one. But I have a feeling they would complain about that cruise too. Ok I vented..read reviews and take them for what they are..someone's opinion..enjoy your cruise..