Dispute charge with credit card

Res doesn't say SI or IS. Just the cabin assignment. I just got off the phone again asking if we can add my husband. Off course I know we cannot occupy the studio cabin, but I suggested once something opened up, they move us. No deal. I also suggested they transfer this booking to another sail date but because I didn't purchase insurance no deal.

Like I mentioned several times prior in this thread your original invoice from RCI for this cruise should have in the general information section what category guarantee was booked. Once a cabin is assigned to a guarantee the information for that reservation in the My Cruises account should indicate what category of cabin was assigned along with the cabin number. This is the way it was with every one of the 12 guarantee bookings we've done with RCI.

Here's is a screen shot of the general information section of the invoice for our Fall Brilliance TA. It shows exactly what cabin category we booked, an I-GTY. If a class of cabins guarantee is booked, that class for an Inside is Z-GTY.

attachment.php?attachmentid=383201&d=1461083708

BrillianceInv.jpg.d1ab7f28ab97058d3f9699fc9d2ba2fb.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

A few days after booking, I received an e mail saying my documents were in 'my cruises'on RCI website, At that time I had not been assigned a cabin so it read I-GTY.

I think that original booking confirmation could be useful. Royal used to send these out automatically, but lately I've had to ask for them.

Not sure it would matter. The bottom line is because I am traveling solo, they felt a studio was enough to meet my needs. (In fact that is what resolutions told me last week) I wouldn't be in this mess if they had just listed studios in the booking process or anywhere in the interior cabins selection.

Not sure it would matter. The bottom line is because I am traveling solo, they felt a studio was enough to meet my needs. (In fact that is what resolutions told me last week) I wouldn't be in this mess if they had just listed studios in the booking process or anywhere in the interior cabins selection.

My point of view is that it's not for them to determine what will meet your needs, it's for them to give you what you booked or give you a full refund.

My point of view is that it's not for them to determine what will meet your needs, it's for them to give you what you booked or give you a full refund.

Agreed. That's why that original documentation would be important, to know whether you got something different from what you booked, or just something different from what you thought you booked.

I did not even think a studio cabin could be booked as a GTY. It's an entirely different rate and supplement structure versus a single booking an interior. Bottom line Royal is ripping you off. No two ways about it.

Go to Elliott.org and click cruise line and start calling every number listed for rci. They either owe you what you booked or owe you money. If they can't give the room category you booked start with asking for 1k obc

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

So, just got off the phone again with RCI. An original invoice was never sent to me because I did not request one. But he did see that I booked a category Z. Which as was explained to me, an interior cabin anywhere on ship. He even said it again to me, because I am traveling alone, a studio is all I need. I know exactly what I was purchasing, have done it many times before.

So, just got off the phone again with RCI. An original invoice was never sent to me because I did not request one. But he did see that I booked a category Z. Which as was explained to me, an interior cabin anywhere on ship. He even said it again to me, because I am traveling alone, a studio is all I need. I know exactly what I was purchasing, have done it many times before.

You keep reaching some real brain dead schmucks at Royal [emoji35]

I would keep checking for availability in another type of stateroom. Set an alert, or check a TA website several times a day. Ask RCCL to be put on a waitlist.

If nothing comes up, ask as soon as you board the ship. Someone is bound to cancel at the last minute. Good luck. ;)

I tried to get 9005, they told me it was not available in my category. I guess because I purchased an Inside GTY, choosing a cabin becomes another category? I call everytime an inside cabin comes available. (This is what resolutions advised me to do) They say the same thing everytime; upgrade.

It's not that choosing a cabin becomes another category, it's that you must switch within the sub-category to which you have been assigned. So if you had been assigned an N, you could change cabins to another N, but not an M or an L. Your studio is considered to be inside category SI.

Not sure why resolutions told you that you could switch to any other sub-category, but since they did, I'm not sure why they didn't jump in and tell the rep that they told you you could do it. Maybe resolutions misunderstood and was advising you to try for an 'upgrade' at a small charge.

Edited by marci22

I think that original booking confirmation could be useful.

I agree.

I agree.

Agreed. That's why that original documentation would be important, to know whether you got something different from what you booked, or just something different from what you thought you booked.

I agree!

Go to Elliott.org and click cruise line and start calling every number listed for rci. They either owe you what you booked or owe you money. If they can't give the room category you booked start with asking for 1k obc

I 100% agree. I've corresponded with him, and even though I think he sometimes gets things for people who don't deserve it, he DOES get things for people.

And this seems ridiculous. These are totally different categories. They didn't send you an invoice; this should not be a request thing, this should be an automatic thing. How can you prove what YOU booked when you aren't sent anything saying what YOU booked? Now you just have to trust them. And we know their systems are faulty.

You shouldn't have to blindly trust that you booked a Z. You saw I on your MyCruises section. Does I include Z? It's not your fault that you didn't think to request an invoice. What companies don't provide invoices for big purchases? That's ridiculous.

This sounds like a horrible glitch in their system, and they shouldn't be fighting back this hard when they KNOW they have multiple glitches in their systems. You've just got to get someone to see that this is a glitch, to include a one person studio in a *normal* inside stateroom guarantee. It's not the same thing, and it doesn't matter what you need. (in hotels for work trips DH regularly requests two doubles vs one queen, because there is more room to put his stuff, for instance)

Contact Elliott.

Edited by mollyeilis

Just want to say that I think Royal is completely wrong here and I hope you get some kind of resolution that works for you.

Once again Royals totally inept website has caused a problem for a passenger. They should have had these solos listed on there as a possible GTY for that category.

We had this type,of problem, and with the advice of all the great people here on CC I did not give up and got a good resolution for our problem. I know it frustrating, and exhausting, but don't let Royal get away with this if you can help it. My two cents...

What RCI thinks you "need" is totally irrevelent, you deserve to get what described on their website. I realize it takes a lot of time and effort to keep fighting, but that is exactly what RCI wants, for you to get frustrated and give up.

It's not like you want a grand suite, all you're asking is that you get what you paid for. Go on every social media site, email the CEO, don't be the one that quietly goes away.

Please keep us updated, hopefully someone will finally get a clue and rectify the situation for you.

They didn't send you an invoice; this should not be a request thing, this should be an automatic thing. How can you prove what YOU booked when you aren't sent anything saying what YOU booked? Now you just have to trust them. And we know their systems are faulty.

You shouldn't have to blindly trust that you booked a Z. You saw I on your MyCruises section. Does I include Z? It's not your fault that you didn't think to request an invoice. What companies don't provide invoices for big purchases? That's ridiculous.

RC does not automatically send you an invoice. A lot of people don't know this. You have to request one.

Hope that was helpful...

Edited by marci22
fun

What RCI thinks you "need" is totally irrevelent, you deserve to get what described on their website...

I kind of agree with this, but I saw guarantees for singles only. So it's not like they were offering Z to everyone and giving the 'better' rooms to the doubles and not the singles. Only singles could get this cheap guarantee rate.

They should make it a SI guarantee as opposed to a Z guarantee. Then it would meet expectations.

I think the rep who supposedly said, "it's all you need" or something to that effect, was just awkward/untrained. He shouldn't have said that because it is not a valid reason.

Edited by marci22

I would continue to take it to a higher level. While it may be within the rules it does not mean it is a good rule.

Write a letter (email) to the top brass at Royal explaining your issue. The key point is if your description stated a 165 sq ft room - that is what you should get. If their website or other material have not been updated to meet the layout of the ship you as the customer should not be penalized. You booked an inside stateroom and not a studio in good faith and that is what you should get.

Just keep going up the chain until you get someone with the authority to actually fix this.

You can also request that if they get a no show or cancel you be moved to that room.

Good luck OP

Yes, totally agree with this!

This is exhausting and stressful. I have been dealing with this ever since I got my cabin assignment over a week ago.

I can't even imagine how stressful this is. This should be a fun exciting time for you making last minute plans for your trip. Hopefully corporate will step up soon and correct this