Ticket Pending for American Airlines

Comptech

This is what I found on searching the terms:

On Request - The itinerary has been purchased but involves segments operated by airline and is awaiting confirmation from that airline, which may require hours or even days. The Print button will print the Reservation Details webpage.

Ticket Pending (previously Purchased) - The itinerary has been purchased and is awaiting ticketing, which usually requires no more than 1-2 hours. The Print button will print the Reservation Details webpage. (Prior to 2012, the Print button opened a popup window with a formatted summary of reservation details.)

I would appreciate any remarks about this as I have both of them on my AA information in regard to my tickets. I do have a record locator . My arrangements were made by Holland America.

Edited by lilibetii

This is what I found on searching the terms:

On Request - The itinerary has been purchased but involves segments operated by airline and is awaiting confirmation from that airline, which may require hours or even days. The Print button will print the Reservation Details webpage.

Ticket Pending (previously Purchased) - The itinerary has been purchased and is awaiting ticketing, which usually requires no more than 1-2 hours. The Print button will print the Reservation Details webpage. (Prior to 2012, the Print button opened a popup window with a formatted summary of reservation details.)

I would appreciate any remarks about this as I have both of them on my AA information in regard to my tickets. I do have a record locator . My arrangements were made by Holland America.

One of the worst pre-travel experiences I had was booking EZAir with Princess and American... I will probably never do that again.

BTW- This is the Princess board- and you said you had booked with HAL. Just wanted to let you know...

Good luck and happy travels-

Tracie-Lynn

So our cruise is 44 days out as of now. Once Princess has paid the airlines, I need to contact the Airlines with our passport information etc?? Or since I have already provided that information to Princess, will they pass that along?

You can normally go to the airline site and enter all your information.

You just need the record locator number ( six letters).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One of the worst pre-travel experiences I had was booking EZAir with Princess and American... I will probably never do that again.

BTW- This is the Princess board- and you said you had booked with HAL. Just wanted to let you know...

Good luck and happy travels-

Tracie-Lynn

Hi Tracie-Lynn,

I'm trying EZAir for the first time for an international flight with American. Would you mind sharing what went wrong for you? Maybe I should reconsider. (I decided to try it because I am going with my sister, who is a first time cruiser, and a bit nervous about it, so I figured using EZAir I wouldn't be stuck with international air if she changes her mind about going.)

Thanks,

Stacy

Hi Tracie-Lynn,

I'm trying EZAir for the first time for an international flight with American. Would you mind sharing what went wrong for you? Maybe I should reconsider. (I decided to try it because I am going with my sister, who is a first time cruiser, and a bit nervous about it, so I figured using EZAir I wouldn't be stuck with international air if she changes her mind about going.)

Thanks,

Stacy

We have used EZAir on three trips to Europe in the last four years with no issues. Used EZAir because of the ability to modify or cancel up to 45 days before the cruise. Twice we got in on fare sales that made the cost even more reasonable. It was actually a sale because the price United showed as being paid was the the price before the sale, and much more than the price we paid.

Just curious. If the EZair price becomes lower after you pay, but before EZair pays AA, can you get a refund on the difference?

Yes, we have done it.

I am platinum on AA. I have always been able to log onto the AA website and pick my seat assignment including a higher priced seat (more legroom) under my platinum benefit. I have also been able to add my passport and GOES information at any time and long before the ticket was paid by EZair. I am not sure why the OP was not able to do it. Call AA and ask them about it.

Ticket pending simply means AA has not received the money for the ticket. However the reservation is very much valid.

We have used EZAir on three trips to Europe in the last four years with no issues. Used EZAir because of the ability to modify or cancel up to 45 days before the cruise. Twice we got in on fare sales that made the cost even more reasonable. It was actually a sale because the price United showed as being paid was the the price before the sale, and much more than the price we paid.

Thanks for letting me know if can work out well!

So our cruise is 44 days out as of now. Once Princess has paid the airlines, I need to contact the Airlines with our passport information etc?? Or since I have already provided that information to Princess, will they pass that along?

You'll need to enter your passport, known traveler, etc. information when you checkin for your flights on the American Airlines website within 24 hours of your first flight. Any ID information entered before that time will not be retained.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Yes, we have done it.

I am platinum on AA. I have always been able to log onto the AA website and pick my seat assignment including a higher priced seat (more legroom) under my platinum benefit. I have also been able to add my passport and GOES information at any time and long before the ticket was paid by EZair. I am not sure why the OP was not able to do it. Call AA and ask them about it.

Ticket pending simply means AA has not received the money for the ticket. However the reservation is very much valid.

Thanks.

You'll need to enter your passport, known traveler, etc. information when you checkin for your flights on the American Airlines website within 24 hours of your first flight. Any ID information entered before that time will not be retained.

AMERICAN AIRLINES KEEPS A RECORD OF MY PASSPORT. I HAVE RARELY, IF EVER, HAD TO resubmit the information.

AMERICAN AIRLINES KEEPS A RECORD OF MY PASSPORT. I HAVE RARELY, IF EVER, HAD TO resubmit the information.

No need to yell...

I just checked my next AA flight which is to London. Flight info shows my AAdvantage number, Known Traveler number and all other personal information except passport information. Passport info is listed in my AAdvantage account, but does not transfer automatically to the flight record.

Entering passport information into the flight record when I do online checkin is not a big deal.

• 1 year later...
T If you want to have it converted to a paid ticket earlier (for example to purchase main cabin extra seating or to select a preferred seat if you are elite on AA), you can call princess and they will make the payment early, but you have to fax princess a signed form that says you are authorizing early payment and understand that you will not be able to change the ticket as of the date paid.

When we made our final cruise payment 90 days out we told our TA to include payment for the EZ-Air tickets which she did. We didn't have to fill out anything authorizing early payment but she did pass on the info (that I already knew) that " now that the air is paid in full they are now considered restricted flights and there will be penalties with the airlines if changes or cancellations are made." While seats had already been chosen on United - and they were formally assigned upon payment - we were able to call the airline within half an hour and get free upgrades to economy plus for 2 of our kids since we had paid for the tickets.

So with the Ticket Pending up until 45 days prior, you can't get seat assignments or upgrade to Main Cabin Extra on AA?

Our tickets were pending and we made our seat assignments on AA.com with no difficulties. I'm not so sure about upgrading to MCE as we were in business class. If you have any kind of FF status (Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus, Exec Plat) I'm pretty sure you can upgrade. Be sure your FF number is added to the reservation on AA.com.

I have always been able to log on to AA.com or United.com and pick my seats soon after booking my air with EZair. I have changed my airline reservations with EZair for something cheaper after payment for the cruise without any problem and had the difference in my favor added to my cruise as an OBC automatically.

We have EZ Air flights for next fall on American. I was able to use the EZ Air reservation number and log in on AA.com and choose our seats. When the price later dropped and I re-booked, I had to go onto the AA website and choose seats again (I got the same seats just a few seconds after I had re-fared. It seems the EZ Air and the AA website are fully integrated when it comes to seat selection).