money back if price goes down after booking

tommy47

Very likely yes. However, if you booked under a promotion you will likely lose that. But you can always pick up a new promo if there is one now. Good luck! (Also, you have to be before final payment).

Many people have booked at lower prices later. We took a 4 day coastal a few years back (all we could fit into our work schedules) and the price dropped later on (but before final payment). We saved a total of $660 by contacting our TA and having him re-book our cruise at the lower rate. It is well worth the effort to contact your TA and ask if changing your booking makes sense for your situation.

Note: I always check regularly for price drops. I didn't used to be so good about checking but I would have missed the price drop on this cruise if someone hadn't posted it here on CC in our roll call thread.

Edited by Thrak

if you use a travel agent when booking a princess cruise like 9 months early and the price goes down in your class of balcony you choose can you get money back? thank you

Yes, you can cancel and re-book any cat. cabin under the new promo terms and conditions up until final payment is due. Watch out for, non-refundable deposits and T.A. fees for changes. Our T.A. never charges us a fee.

I assume by the phrase "can you get money back" you are referring to your deposit, because for most cruises payment is not due until 75 days before sailing. Most people just have the deposits applied to the new booking.

My rate went down after final payment. I was able to get an on board credit. I had to be persistent.

When they recently(last 3 months) did an adjustment for me after final payment they did state, they look at each case individually so there are always exceptions, that time I booked with P, the next time I booked with a the TA the TA was told no.

Edited by land lover

if you use a travel agent when booking a princess cruise like 9 months early and the price goes down in your class of balcony you choose can you get money back? thank you

Yes, you certainly can. I booked an aft balcony on Caribbean Princess at $1350. I heard of a priced drop here on CC. Called my PCC and the price was reduced to $1050. The price subsequently rose back to $1350. A few weeks later, there was a promo which reduced the price to $850. Called the PCC and got the price drop. The price went back up to $1350. This promo had a non-refundable deposit but I figured it was still a good deal.