Ship transfer between Vancouver and Seattle

cruisingnana

Does anyone know if there is any possibiliy of a transfer being offered on the final cruise of the season which finishes in Vancouver? We would need to return to Seattle for our return flight and this might be the most ecnomical way.

Does anyone know if there is any possibiliy of a transfer being offered on the final cruise of the season which finishes in Vancouver? We would need to return to Seattle for our return flight and this might be the most ecnomical way.

We did that last Sept . They didn't offer the transfer . Best is to call Celebrity or ask your TA to find out.

No transfers to Seattle available through the cruise line as of now but they might do something special for this cruise. I can almost assure you that even if they did offer them, this would not be the most economical way to transfer to Seattle.

I have transferred to and from Vancouver several times before. If you are committed to the Seattle airport, you could try Quickcoach.com or the Amtrak Train. The Train station is very close to the sky train, which can take you to the Amtrack station in Vancouver. It does travel right into Seattle and is a lovely ride. Your flight would have to be very late though and all that transferring does not sound easy with luggage and I don't believe luggage valet is available in Vancouver.

The other option would be the bus purchased through Quickcoach.com. The busses are very clean and even have a bathroom. There is an express bus that doesn't make a lot of stops along the way. They pick you right up at the cruise terminal and drop you off at the Seattle airport. There are sometimes border delays as you have to go through customs as soon as you hit the border, but you'd have to do that anytime you cross the border by land anyway. You will have to send your luggage through their scanners so all needs to be offloaded during this crossing. Other than unexpected border delays, they have always been very reliable and on time.

If you have the option of flying out of Bellingham instead of Seattle, they also have that stop available and it is more like 2 to 2.5 hours vs 4.5 to get to Seattle. The flights out of Bellingham are pretty limited, though.

Either way, the bus picks you up at either the Ballentine Pier or Canada Place and they do honor a AAA discount as well.

This is a timely post for me as well. We are on Infinity 9/4-9/11. We could save upwards of $1500 in air fare if we travel roundtrip from Dallas to Seattle versus Vancouver. However, the latest flight we can take going home from Seattle is 3pm. I'm worried that if we were to consider this option, we would not have enough time to ensure we would make our flight. Anyone have firsthand experience?

Thanks!

Theresa

With $1500 saved, I would seriously look at investing some of that into a hotel - overnighting here in Vancouver is obviously far superior to Seattle, but either would work;-)

If you suffer from Not Enough Vacation Syndrome, and cannot be persuaded to find a better employer before your cruise, then the only way I'd consider a 3pm flight is renting a car so you have control of which border crossing and route through or around Seattle you take (or if your cruiseline does offer a Seatac transfer from Vancouver, booking flights and transfers through them so you're as covered as you can be).

The 9:00am almost-direct Quickshuttle Sunday departure should have you at Seatac by 1:30pm officially - they do include some border delay and traffic padding time in that, but with security delays at SEA even an on-time arrival means you might miss your flight by the time you get off the bus and through security, even if you're flying carry-on only - Seatac recommend arriving two hours early even for domestic flights which simply cannot be done using Quickshuttle.

One incident in the wrong place, like the time that truck knocked down a bridge on I5, or a couple of different incidents (one drive to PDX we had three separate I5-southbound closing incidents occur, all before we even got to Seattle! It took us over six hours instead of our usual three-and-a-half to be cruising past Seatac...) or any kind of elevated threat at a border crossing and you are pretty much 100% going to miss a 3pm flight.

This is a timely post for me as well. We are on Infinity 9/4-9/11. We could save upwards of $1500 in air fare if we travel roundtrip from Dallas to Seattle versus Vancouver. However, the latest flight we can take going home from Seattle is 3pm. I'm worried that if we were to consider this option, we would not have enough time to ensure we would make our flight. Anyone have firsthand experience?

Thanks!

Theresa

What's the air fare difference if you fly into Seattle, but return from Vancouver?

If it's still significant, I'd take Martincath's advice and stay overnight in Vancouver. With the current exchange rate, Vancouver hotels are a bargain IMO.

Using QuickCoach and then the security lines at SeaTac is just too risky to make a 3 PM flight. Since the flight out of YVR is a lot more than those out of Seattle, I would consider just staying at a hotel near SeaTac and fly out in the morning ... if that is an option.

Our last Alaskan cruise ended in Vancouver. We used Quickshuttle, which loads in the Vancouver cruise terminal to go to Seattle. The bus driver dropped us at the SeaTac Hilton which is across the street from the light rail system. We used the light rail to go to/from downtown and used the hotel shuttle to get to the terminal. Worked very well for us.

Thanks!

Theresa

Another option is to buy a separate ticket Round trip from Seattle to Vancouver. Usually it is $225 round trip on Alaska Airline