Changes to Latitudes Rewards?

Iluvtocruise01

Just got a survey for my input on NCL's Latitude Rewards, but in reading the questions, it sounds like they are ready to add new 2 tiers, above Platinum. One of the questions even ask what those tiers should be called. I'm only about one cruise to Platinum too, so I would hate to be "so close but yet so far." Any one heard anything?

I remember getting a survey like that about 5 years ago. I don't think anything changed since. I wouldn't mind a platinum plus level as we might be there already. As long as they don't take away anything but add to the program it would be nice.

Just got a survey for my input on NCL's Latitude Rewards, but in reading the questions, it sounds like they are ready to add new 2 tiers, above Platinum. One of the questions even ask what those tiers should be called. I'm only about one cruise to Platinum too, so I would hate to be "so close but yet so far." Any one heard anything?

on my last cruise the cruise consultant gave us a hint that more changes were coming and that the program was going to be similar to oceania cruises. He only told us that they would add one more tier and would be called Platinum plus other than that have not heard anything else. Something tells me there will be a lot of "TEARS" shed if the program is changed to unreachable heights :-)

Edited by qtaromar1970
added more.

I remember getting a survey like that about 5 years ago. I don't think anything changed since. I wouldn't mind a platinum plus level as we might be there already. As long as they don't take away anything but add to the program it would be nice.

Darn it, I didn't realize they'd done that before.

I guess all those times I didn't book 9 months or more out, because I was already at Platinum will bite me in the but this time.

Well, I do have 290 points, and NCL just recently sent me another "plether" bound Atlas for reaching my 250 milestone. I guess they forgot they already sent me one a year or so ago.

I guess all those times I didn't book 9 months or more out, because I was already at Platinum will bite me in the but this time.

Well, I do have 290 points, and NCL just recently sent me another "plether" bound Atlas for reaching my 250 milestone. I guess they forgot they already sent me one a year or so ago.

I got the atlas too, ask me where it is LOL. :D

on my last cruise the cruise consultant gave us a hint that more changes were coming and that the program was going to be similar to oceania cruises. He only told us that they would add one more tier and would be called Platinum plus other than that have not heard anything else. Something tells me there will be a lot of "TEARS" shed if the program is changed to unreachable heights :-)
Hope what happened on Celebrity's loyalty program, doesn't happen to NCL. Many complained that it was too easy to reach Elite and the cocktail parties were too crowded with Elites, so they wanted new tiers. Celebrity added two new tiers, but also made it more difficult for everyone to get to those new tiers. Some very unhappy folks.

The Oceania program seems really attainable to me, but I would doubt they would make it that easy for us. Twenty 7 day cruises and you get a free cruise, $600 OBC, 30% off internet package, two spa treatments, 10% off shore excursion, 10% off beverage package and cocktail party invite. I doubt we will be so lucky to get something like this.

I truly hope this does NOT happen. I value the loyalty program and would be very sad to lose benefits.

When looking for cruises, I first look at the cruise lines where I'm at the highest loyalty level. If I lose that at NCL, I'll look at another line first.

I got the atlas too, ask me where it is LOL. :D

I now have 2. My son was all excited and wondered what NCL was sending us. He opened the box and was so disappointed. He's like "we already have one of these" :(

I truly hope this does NOT happen. I value the loyalty program and would be very sad to lose benefits.

When looking for cruises, I first look at the cruise lines where I'm at the highest loyalty level. If I lose that at NCL, I'll look at another line first.

The whole point of a loyalty program is that it will keep people loyal to one line so they strive for something higher. As long as they don't diminish the perks that you get, I don't understand not wanting something to work towards. Maybe it's just me?

The whole point of a loyalty program is that it will keep people loyal to one line so they strive for something higher. As long as they don't diminish the perks that you get, I don't understand not wanting something to work towards. Maybe it's just me?

I hope they will make changes as long as the incentives are worth it. I for one instead of getting the atlas and whatever junk we have no use for prefer getting onboard credit on future cruises no matter how little amount that may be, at least it would be put to good use. :D:D. I don't cruise for the perks but have to admit every now i like when i get them:)

I got the survey email today too and it did sound like they were considering two additional tiers above the current platinum. The survey asked quite a few detailed questions about which perks I value the most. Many were based on what other cruise loyalty programs offer. A few I recall were a breakfast venue on disembarkation day, a concierge lounge, priority dinner and show reservations, unlimited laundry, 60 minutes of internet time and a bath robe to take home.

I got the survey email today too and it did sound like they were considering two additional tiers above the current platinum. The survey asked quite a few detailed questions about which perks I value the most. Many were based on what other cruise loyalty programs offer. A few I recall were a breakfast venue on disembarkation day, a concierge lounge, priority dinner and show reservations, unlimited laundry, 60 minutes of internet time and a bath robe to take home.

Sounds like they're considering mimicking Royal's program.

I hope they will make changes as long as the incentives are worth it. I for one instead of getting the atlas and whatever junk we have no use for prefer getting onboard credit on future cruises no matter how little amount that may be, at least it would be put to good use. :D:D. I don't cruise for the perks but have to admit every now i like when i get them:)

Agreed. I'm here, I'm cruising NCL, but airline programs have you insisting on flying with them to get higher and higher on the list. With the suites/latitudes/9 month deals you can get to platinum on 2 longer cruises, which is really not the intention.

Agreed. I'm here, I'm cruising NCL, but airline programs have you insisting on flying with them to get higher and higher on the list. With the suites/latitudes/9 month deals you can get to platinum on 2 longer cruises, which is really not the intention.

I agree with you. I kind of like the older way. 1 pt for 1 day sailing. Loyalty does not come from what kind of room you are in (although I enjoyed getting extra the 1 time I stayed in a suite).

We become platinum in October and would love to see some things to work toward after that. Dont care about their Atlas but would love to see things like OBC, the ability to pre book a Vibe pass etc. Something of real value

I got mine and they offered boxes to highlight choosing perks you like. Hoped it was a misprint, but after it showed twice they were only giving options for one dinner for two with a bottle of wine per stateroom instead of per person.

I hope they do something, We have pretty much exclusively cruised NCl with the exception of two carnival, one RCCL and one celebrity and even those we have NCL the first look but the deals were to great to pass up. We are now Platinum but really have no where to go rewards wise, we really only cruise once a year and it will be a hell of a long time before we even hit the next "extra" reward. SO in the future we will look around and see what other lines offer instead of just automatically booking an NCL cruise

Hope what happened on Celebrity's loyalty program, doesn't happen to NCL. Many complained that it was too easy to reach Elite and the cocktail parties were too crowded with Elites, so they wanted new tiers. Celebrity added two new tiers, but also made it more difficult for everyone to get to those new tiers. Some very unhappy folks.

The Oceania program seems really attainable to me, but I would doubt they would make it that easy for us. Twenty 7 day cruises and you get a free cruise, $600 OBC, 30% off internet package, two spa treatments, 10% off shore excursion, 10% off beverage package and cocktail party invite. I doubt we will be so lucky to get something like this.

We are elite on Celebrity and love the program. The next higher tier is elite plus which only adds free internet. We don't use the internet while on a cruise, so it is no value to us. The top tier is Zenith, with some great benefits, but I doubt if we will ever reach that level.

Celebrity's elite is superior to NCL's latitudes program in that Celebrity provides a free happy hour every day except the first day onboard. It is from 5-7pm and we have found that it saves us about $250 a cruise on alcohol (we never do the drinks packages).

We are elite on Celebrity and love the program. The next higher tier is elite plus which only adds free internet. We don't use the internet while on a cruise, so it is no value to us. The top tier is Zenith, with some great benefits, but I doubt if we will ever reach that level.

Celebrity's elite is superior to NCL's latitudes program in that Celebrity provides a free happy hour every day except the first day onboard. It is from 5-7pm and we have found that it saves us about $250 a cruise on alcohol (we never do the drinks packages).

Yes, and it's an awesome perk. Royal does the same thing.

Edited by Sissaaaaaa