9:45am flight out FLL

On Harmony for Feb 18 2017. We had our usual 11:00am flight out that got changed to 9:45am. Do you recommend holding on to luggage and carrying it off that morning to disembark? Should the earlier flight be an issue? Thanks

I would not have a problem with flight, as long as I was doing self-assist disembarkation.

On Harmony for Feb 18 2017. We had our usual 11:00am flight out that got changed to 9:45am. Do you recommend holding on to luggage and carrying it off that morning to disembark? Should the earlier flight be an issue? Thanks

You "should" be able to make that no problem. Make sure you do not put your luggage out the night before and do use the self-debarkation option. It tends to be a little chaotic, but we did this a few years ago when catching a flight and were at the airport very early. Grab the first cab you find and you'll be there in a few quick minutes.

I would never fly out that early....but if you don't have a choice?? Hopefully all goes smoothly for you.

Something DID go wrong when we sailed on Allure in 2014. The ship participated in a rescue operation overnight that resulted in a delay in our porting at PE. We had not planned on self-disembarkation because our flight was at 11:45. No one got off the ship before about 8:30 - 8:45. We were at the airport about 10:45. Issues like this are certainly rare, but do happen.

I was in your situation looking for flights for my January cruise next year. I was willing to do that early, but the flight back to DFW at 11:55 was significantly fewer miles.

This is also why I prefer not to cruise out of port canaveral, it is just so much easier to get to the port in FLL from the airport!

I'd recommend a contingency plan, because you may very well need it. We did self-carry off the Liberty (Smaller ship). It took an hour from the time we joined the line on the ship till the time we got to customs. Since disembarking didn't start till 7, that flight time would have been doomed from the start. Don't you have to check in at the airline 45 minutes before departure? We got to the airport shortly after 9.

We did self debarkation on the Independence in Fll last week and made our 940 flight with over an hour to spare. If you are diamond speak to the concierge and see if she/he can set you up with getting off with the first group to disembark. Our concierge aided us in this and this really made the difference because they definately were very unorganized.

Self assist is a must.

I'd recommend a contingency plan, because you may very well need it. We did self-carry off the Liberty (Smaller ship). It took an hour from the time we joined the line on the ship till the time we got to customs. Since disembarking didn't start till 7, that flight time would have been doomed from the start. Don't you have to check in at the airline 45 minutes before departure? We got to the airport shortly after 9.

You can check in anytime within the 24 hr window before your flight from the ship. This provides much more time to get to the airport.

We r going to try and make an 8:45 flight at Fll following our Allure cruise in Oct. fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A couple of years ago, we walked off the Oasis at 6:45am and made it to the airport by 8am. Our flight was at 10am. I'm genuinely interested to see if you make your flight because I prefer early morning flights so please come back and relate your experience.

We were on Navigator last month. Somebody jumped overboard on the last night so we did not reach the port until after 8. I think the first people off the ship were off between 8:30 and 9:00. If things go well, you'll be fine. If not, you will not make the flight. Not sure what your other options are, but, I would consider them carefully.

Hi: I had booked my return flight at 11:45. When I phoned Royal to book my transfer back to the airport, my flight had to be 1:00 or later in able to book a transfer. I was charged $200.00 to change the time of my flight. NOT GOOD!:mad:

Yes if you are checking luggage.

You can check in anytime within the 24 hr window before your flight from the ship. This provides much more time to get to the airport.

This might be true if you are carrying on your bags or using EZ check. Depends on your airline.

However, if you need to check your luggage.....it must be checked (in their possession) at the airport 45 minutes before your flight. Doesn't matter if you precheck your bags on line.

Have personally seen people be refused when trying to check bags after that deadline. Have also seen people turned away at security for having bags to big to fit through the scanners.

We r going to try and make an 8:45 flight at Fll following our Allure cruise in Oct. fingers crossed

:eek::eek: Wow! That would scare the living crap out of me! :D:D

Hope you are up early and off ASAP!!! Good Luck!!!

I'm assuming you're flying SWA as we too eye balled that flight as the later flights home to Denver are much more expensive. Instead we opted to stay another night in FLL and catch the Monday 10/31/16 845 SWA flight home. :)