Large price drop on my next cruise!

Hi i have just noticed that my next cruise from the UK 18th June 2016 has come down in price quite a lot. There are 3 of us going and the price now for the same deal is £816 cheaper. I'm sure i read somewhere that i could maybe get some of this back as obc. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks.

Sean

Hi i have just noticed that my next cruise from the UK 18th June 2016 has come down in price quite a lot. There are 3 of us going and the price now for the same deal is £816 cheaper. I'm sure i read somewhere that i could maybe get some of this back as obc. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks.

Sean

No harm trying, but under UK T&Cs they are not required to honour price drops. People in the UK have had mixed results, with occasionally OBC or an upgrade given, but not always. It's now less than 60 days out so I'm guessing the hit you would take on cancel and rebooking would outweigh the benefit.

No harm trying, but under UK T&Cs they are not required to honour price drops. People in the UK have had mixed results, with occasionally OBC or an upgrade given, but not always. It's now less than 60 days out so I'm guessing the hit you would take on cancel and rebooking would outweigh the benefit.

Oh, that stinks!!!! Why don't they have the same rules we do??? :(

Wow. Very nice price drop. Call right away, as sometimes it changes back very quickly. You should receive as OBC. :):):)

The OP is within final payment deadline - you wouldn't get that price drop even with the US rules.

Update in price is handled differently within the different sub-markets inside RCCL.

For the Nordic markets customers RCCL have the policy that price updates can be done for a change fee (250 SEK/NOK/DKK or 30 Euros) up to 42 days before sailing.

If between 42 - 30 days the price can still be adjusted but it would count as cancellation and making a new booking. For Nordic countries this would mean either 5% on Cruise fare for Sweden, 300 NOK/DKK for Norway and Denmark and 50 Euros for Finland.

The exact rules changes from country to country to meet requirements of the laws to sell vacations packages in each country.

Other markets have 60 days limit but no change fees. Another have a deadline of 75 days. Some pays out back to the credit card and some of them apply it as refundable OBC on the sailing.

Trying to learn them all is confusing but I tried my best ;)

In your bookings confirmations the policy should be mentioned in the Terms and Conditions section.

On our T&C the cancellation policy is under paragraph 9 and policy for changes to the booking is written under paragraph 13.

That layout should not be too different for your markets.

I know it is a long read but I strongly advice to read them through at least once :)

Good luck!

Update in price is handled differently within the different sub-markets inside RCCL.

For the Nordic markets customers RCCL have the policy that price updates can be done for a change fee (250 SEK/NOK/DKK or 30 Euros) up to 42 days before sailing.

If between 42 - 30 days the price can still be adjusted but it would count as cancellation and making a new booking. For Nordic countries this would mean either 5% on Cruise fare for Sweden, 300 NOK/DKK for Norway and Denmark and 50 Euros for Finland.

The exact rules changes from country to country to meet requirements of the laws to sell vacations packages in each country.

Other markets have 60 days limit but no change fees. Another have a deadline of 75 days. Some pays out back to the credit card and some of them apply it as refundable OBC on the sailing.

In your bookings confirmations the policy should be mentioned in the Terms and Conditions section.

On our T&C the cancellation policy is under paragraph 9 and policy for changes to the booking is written under paragraph 13.

I know it is a long read but I strongly advice to read them through at least once :)

Good luck!

umm will look into this

we have family in Sweden, we could use there address ;)

The OP is from the UK (and assume booked under UK T&C) and generally you lose your deposit up to 57 days out if you cancel - no price drops after booking. You have to do the math to see if the price drop is bigger than the deposit - if so, it might make sense to cancel and rebook.

Thanks for all your advice and feedback.

I am not going to cancel or anything like that. It would be nice for a little obc maybe or an upgrade. The new price also includes $300 obc. Again this was not available when i booked.

Sean

Thanks.

Sean

This has happened to us on a Brilliance cruise twice. The first time we were able to have the price dropped, but since then the system has been changed and they don't honour price drops any more We had to cancel the cruise and lose our £300 deposit, but we still saved £500. You would lose the deposit of £450 but still save £366 and get $300 OBC. Only you know whether it is worth it.

Good luck

Edited by champagnebarfly

This has happened to us on a Brilliance cruise twice. The first time we were able to have the price dropped, but since then the system has been changed and they don't honour price drops any more We had to cancel the cruise and lose our £300 deposit, but we still saved £500. You would lose the deposit of £450 but still save £366 and get $300 OBC.

Good luck

UK T&Cs mean you lose 50% when there's between 56 and 29 days to the cruise date. I haven't calculated exactly, but that must be very close and possibly passed (might be why they see the price drop now). Likely if that's the case that the cancellation penalty outweighs the price drop.

UK T&Cs mean you lose 50% when there's between 56 and 29 days to the cruise date. I haven't calculated exactly, but that must be very close and possibly passed (might be why they see the price drop now). Likely if that's the case that the cancellation penalty outweighs the price drop.

Yeah! only 57 days left so Cancelling is a definate no no.:(

Definitely look for an upgrade - currently the X GTY (balcony) is less than some OVs and close to a PR cabin.

That X GTY is a great price, especially when you factor in the $300 OBC, plus inclusive select package - if only I could free that time up!

Good luck!

Sorry to intrude on this thread..;)

What are the rules for the Netherlands? We have a young friend from there who is hoping to join us for our August cruise. The prices are very high now, and I have been telling him NOT to book unless he confirms he could get price drops. It might be better at this point for him to wait until after final payment date. But then final payment date is different for each country?

Sorry to hear that, but not unexepcted. You might check out booking next time with a US travel agent. You might lose some of the perks, like the "free" beverage package, but I suspect you will find you are saving money in spite of losing the perk.

Sorry to intrude on this thread..;)

What are the rules for the Netherlands? We have a young friend from there who is hoping to join us for our August cruise. The prices are very high now, and I have been telling him NOT to book unless he confirms he could get price drops. It might be better at this point for him to wait until after final payment date. But then final payment date is different for each country?

I think, the loss of deposit pre final payment would also apply. But I have never succeeded in booking through a Dutch TA (another story).

You could quite legitimately make the booking in US on his behalf though?

That X GTY is a great price, especially when you factor in the $300 OBC, plus inclusive select package - if only I could free that time up!

The X Gty price doesn't include the OBC and the drinks package-there are 2 prices quoted with this current promotion,one with the add ons and one for Gty prices :(

We are currently looking at Independence for 13th August-£1299 inside guarantee or £1699 inside with the "free" drinks package and OBC!!

Edited by gooners1968