Loyalty Perks No "3 Free Drinks"???

What mixers are available in the DL? I don't usually drink hard liquor unless it is in a fruity beverage, so I am wondering if they have juices or sour mux.

Yes. Not every juice ever created, but the basics. And lots and lots of sour mix. ;)

Edited by Merion_Mom

That sheet lists coupons that you can use one time per coupon.

It doesn't list all perks, for example use of lounges is not listed nor is the balcony discount. They're just different concepts, perks v coupons.

Oddly this is the second time a similar question has been asked is week.

True, I have not been on every ship every sailing every week, but the company policy is that children/young adults are allowed in the Concierge Lounge at all times, if accompanied by an adult, as noted above.

The confusion develops because the policy on the Diamond Lounge is:

6 Diamond Lounge is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. Complimentary specialty coffees are only available in the dining room on days when breakfast is being served. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Nightly Special Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room. Open to guests 21 years of age and older. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times).

So the CL (and Suites Lounges) are always open to those under 21, while the DL is off limits to those under 21 during the cocktail hours, unless, or course, the DL concierge decides to make an exception to the rule. Most won't.

Is that right? Can D and D+ get speciality coffee at MDR breakfast? That would be great - DH never wants to go to MDR breakfast as he's in love with the Diamond Lounge coffee machine!

e

Is that right? Can D and D+ get speciality coffee at MDR breakfast? That would be great - DH never wants to go to MDR breakfast as he's in love with the Diamond Lounge coffee machine!

e

There are still a few ships that have a dedicated (breakfast) area in the main dining room for diamond and up. On those ships, and in that area, one can get a specialty coffee. On other ships you would have to go to the lounge, get the coffee, and take it to the dining room. Or, you can buy a specialty coffee in the dining room or the coffee bar. Sorry, I don't recall which ships still offer the decdicated area, but I know it is just a few of the entire fleet.

Enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

I'm thinking I may have to start just to get the three drinks. Between my husband and me, think of all the free drinks going to waste. :D

You can also get soda and on some ships bottled water. But that is another sore subject!

What mixers are available in the DL? I don't usually drink hard liquor unless it is in a fruity beverage, so I am wondering if they have juices or sour mux.

definitely cranberry juice. I get Poinsettias( think Mimosa but with Cranberry juice instead of OJ).

also OJ. I THINk I reminder people asking for whiskey sours as well.

e

Every Diamond Lounge and every Concierge/Suite Lounge has a coffee machine that makes Cappuccino and Espresso, as well as black coffee, including decaf. Sometimes they are not working and the Concierge will give you a paper voucher for getting the special coffees at Seattle's Best. Not all ships have the D & D+ MDR breakfast areas, as stated by MM. They are not required to have them if there is a DL. Some ships did not discontinue the MDR areas for D/D+ after the DLs were installed during their dry docks, others did.

Edited by Tagsalong

definitely cranberry juice. I get Poinsettias( think Mimosa but with Cranberry juice instead of OJ).

Thank you! Sound like a cape codder or poinsettias will be in my future

Edited by MommaBear55

While Royal loads the three drinks on your card X still hands out paper vouchers. On my recent 14 day Eclipse sailing there were 42 dated vouchers waiting for me in my cabin at embarkation. Even at the nightly elite event you had to hand in a voucher to get a drink (we had package so didn't matter). Wonder if Royal might eventually go that route too, charging seapass cards in dl, and thereby limiting us to no more than three free drinks per night.

Poinsettias sounds interesting, thanks