Christmas Decorations

MTElkwhistle

When are the ships decorated for Christmas? If at all. Thinking of booking 1st week in December.

Thanks

We were on the Silhouette last Thanksgiving and there were some decorations up the next day. A month later, we cruised on her for Christmas and there were even more decorations. The grand staircase was completely closed off with decorations. Looked very pretty.

Edited by CruisinNole

Judging by the answers, it varies by ship. I don't think we can assume all ships start right after Thanksgiving. In fact, I know they do not. We have been on the Summit a couple of times that week and once they started to decorate, and once they did not. I think it may depend partly on when Thanksgiving is - sometimes it is early and sometimes it is late. If you are cruising mid-December I think it is safe to assume decorating will have at least started and most likely (but not definitely) will be finished. Before that, it is a crap shoot.

We were on the Thanksgiving cruise last fall on Eclipse. Decorations began to appear the very next morning, and by the time we left the ship a few days later there were some trees up and garland and decorations all over the ship. We noticed people decorating all during the day those last cruise days, in different areas of the ship, and even the windows in the ship's stores were "beginning to look a lot like Christmas."

I have to say many of the decorations were kind of "tired" looking, dated, and I really wanted to get in there and spruce some of them up myself!

ooooh I hope they start decorating immediately after Thanksgiving for the Australia cruises as well. I will be on board for thanksgiving this year and would love to see the tree up.....our cruise finishes 3 days after thanksgiving.