Koningsdam Verandah Stateroom In Depth Walkthrough (Room 5113)

InTheWASide

It looks like this was a quad verandah... Did you ever try to open the 3rd or 4th beds? We will be in a quad (2 adults, 2 kids) in June and I am a little anxious about the close quarters. First time for all of us!

We did a quad cabin on the Westerdam with our 2 sons, ages 20 and 23. One bunk drops out of the ceiling over the main bed and the love seat turns into the other. It was tight quarters but we managed.

It looks like this was a quad verandah... Did you ever try to open the 3rd or 4th beds? We will be in a quad (2 adults, 2 kids) in June and I am a little anxious about the close quarters. First time for all of us!

It was and I did not. With 2 kids it probably won't be too bad and you can always ask the steward to put the sofa bed and the pullman back during the day time

Thanks so much for all of the pictures!! We sail in November and our excitement is building. We have booked a Vista Suite on deck 6 and are really looking forward to sailing with our large group?

Edited by janmitch
I'm wrong

Brad, on your celebrity cruise did you have a balcony cabin? Did this feel very similar?

A few of us feel the bathroom looks smaller here in comparison, you agree?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

We were in aqua class so yes. We liked this room arrangement better. Closets were better by far.

Bathroom wise Koningsdam was more "square shaped" and Solstice was more long and narrow. Lot bigger shower on Koningsdam but better bathroom storage on Solstice

A really stupid question about the closet - can the bottom shelf on the right be taken out or moved lower? I like to hang my dresses, and it looks like with that shelf in place that quite a few inches of my dresses will be dragging the top of that shelf. My dresses are definitely longer than those robes that are hanging.

A really stupid question about the closet - can the bottom shelf on the right be taken out or moved lower? I like to hang my dresses, and it looks like with that shelf in place that quite a few inches of my dresses will be dragging the top of that shelf. My dresses are definitely longer than those robes that are hanging.

Not sure but I believe in past ships that's been possible. We didn't have a need to do so and as such, we never checked

Does anyone know if the Eurodam has USB power points like the ones shown in these pics? Coming from Australia that would reduce the need for travel adapters for us

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Does anyone know if the Eurodam has USB power points like the ones shown in these pics? Coming from Australia that would reduce the need for travel adapters for us

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's a good question. I don't know if they are planning to retro those in when they overhaul the ships or not

Thanks for all the pictures!

Question - did the lifeboats obstruct your view at all?

Not in the slightest. One of the pictures shows the lifeboats and the view forward toward the bridge wings. That was the view from my balcony

Not in the slightest. One of the pictures shows the lifeboats and the view forward toward the bridge wings. That was the view from my balcony
Well if you wanted to see something at the waterline forward of you they did! :)

eb500288813900d578660666d20246b4.jpg

• 1 month later...
Did you get sun on the balcony? Can't find much information on overhang or not.

with the unique nature of ours it was totally covered but we did get a bunch of sun too. Think a lot of that had to do with the side of the ship we were on and the direction of the cruise but you will definitely be sheltered from any rain

Appreciate being able to see all the little things!

As I took the photos I had a post like this in mind. I knew people want to know how many drawers, and shelves, and power outlets and where they are, and, and, and :) Glad it helps out!

Thanks for the pics Brad.

I have been looking at the square table in the room. It is small and low and it doesn't seem like it can raise for dining in the cabin. There also doesn't seem to be any sort of table that would allow for dining on the balcony.

Is the oval adjustable table found on other HAL ships available on the K'dam? If not, how can you dine on your balcony on the K'dam?

Thank you so much for these great pictures. It really helps to see room arrangements with some perspective.

A couple of questions:

Is there a pull-out clothesline in the shower?

Can you confirm that a standard verandah cabin has a mini-bar (refrig)? The website does not seem to indicate so.

Did you have enough hangers?

Thanks for the pics Brad.

I have been looking at the square table in the room. It is small and low and it doesn't seem like it can raise for dining in the cabin. There also doesn't seem to be any sort of table that would allow for dining on the balcony.

Is the oval adjustable table found on other HAL ships available on the K'dam? If not, how can you dine on your balcony on the K'dam?

We were in a balcony stateroom and the table did not elevate. As a result, after one attempt at eating breakfast in the room (something we have really enjoyed on other ships), we gave up. There was no place where we could comfortably dine in our room. Sure wish those tables that raise up had been onboard!

Thank you so much for these great pictures. It really helps to see room arrangements with some perspective.

A couple of questions:

Is there a pull-out clothesline in the shower?

Can you confirm that a standard verandah cabin has a mini-bar (refrig)? The website does not seem to indicate so.

Did you have enough hangers?

Based on our balcony stateroom, our answers are yes to the first two questions and no to the third. But as we had the unlimited laundry pkg we quickly had more hangers than needed and you can ask for more anytime.