Empress Of The Seas May 28th Sailing

Do we have any confirmation on why they are backing the dates off. I know its been "complicated" or whatever. But do we have any specifics?

Galley enhancements. Really really extensive enhancements.

Do we have any confirmation on why they are backing the dates off. I know its been "complicated" or whatever. But do we have any specifics?

Don't be fooled by RCCL!

Make other plans now on a cruiseline that cares about customer service!!

Keep monitoring this forum. Folks here have been good at monitoring websites to see when new Empress bookings are suddenly halted on specific dates and were officially cancelled later.

Edited by coaster

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on the May 28th cruise, and I'm hoping no news is good news, but I'm a little nervous that she hasn't left port yet! She needs a couple of days to get to Miami, I would think.

And Razzinger - I'm a "basset hound Mom" too! (2 of them in fact!) :-)

I'm on the May 28th cruise, and I'm hoping no news is good news, but I'm a little nervous that she hasn't left port yet! She needs a couple of days to get to Miami, I would think.

Nah, shes in the Bahamas. Most ships that sail from Miami go to & from Nassau/Bahamas over the course of one evening.

Our best guess is that she'll probably leave Freeport on Thursday. I'm guessing she's undergoing the more comprehensive inspections already in Freeport. There will be the standard inspections in Miami (the ones they do before every cruise) but the USCG ones should be done, I would guess.

Rumors are that she is doing a 1 night cruise for the crew in shake things down before picking us up. If that's the case she will probably leave Freeport on Thursday, sail around for the night, and port in Miami Friday afternoon/evening. They'll start loading everything they need for our cruise (because we're going to eat and drink a lot, obviously), and be ready for passengers Saturday morning.

That's the best case scenario, and I'm optimistic... now we'll see what actually happens. :P

We have had as many as 3 at a time, 2 have past away in the last 18 months. We also at times take in foster bassets, the wife does volunteer interview house visits around Richmond Va for Basset Rescue of the Old Dominion (BROOD).

Good luck sailing on the 28th! Hopes she ready for you, we got canceled 5 days out, really got screwed by Royal, guess you could call it a ROYAL screwing! LOL

Have a great trip!

Edited by razzinger
typo