Upsell Question

Into Cruising

I have been offered an upsell from a Balcony room into a Haven Front Facing Penthouse. Of course for a significant price.

If I choose to accept, do I keep my current promo items, or do I get all 4 promo items for a Haven suite. Should my gratuities for the beverage package and for the dining package be refunded, as they are not charged to Haven guests?

I had prepaid my regular gratuities, and also taken travel insurance. Would these things also be impacted.

From what I am told , they simply want $1600, but I keep my current stuff.

Is this how it is supposed to work?

I have been offered an upsell from a Balcony room into a Haven Front Facing Penthouse. Of course for a significant price.

If I choose to accept, do I keep my current promo items, or do I get all 4 promo items for a Haven suite. Should my gratuities for the beverage package and for the dining package be refunded, as they are not charged to Haven guests?

I had prepaid my regular gratuities, and also taken travel insurance. Would these things also be impacted.

You will keep your current promo's.

Mind if I ask what ship and sail date?

You keep the promos you booked under and do not get the gratuities on the SDP and UDP refunded.

You might be charge the difference in the daily service charge since Haven pays more in the DSC but they also might not catch that extra 3.00 a day

I upselled from balcony to family suite on the Dawn, kept the 2 promos that came with my original booking, didn't get the extra ones and the gratuities on the drink and food pkgs were not refunded....I had purchased travel ins through NCL and that was increased. (I had also prepaid my gratuities and was not charged the different in cost).

You only get all 4 promos if you book the Haven and pay full retail price. The price you're paying is probably 50-60% of the retail price. You can easily get 250 minutes of internet and spend $50 per port for MUCH less than the price difference between retail and what they're offering :-)

As others have mentioned, you do not get the gratuities refunded. I have heard if you pre-paid your DSC they will not charge you the additional $2 per person per day. I'm sailing May 21st on Escape, did a Haven upsell, and had already pre-paid my DSC, so I can report back on that shortly.

it is sailing on May 21 on the Escape.

On the same sailing. We went from a BX Guarantee to the Haven Aft for $1,700 total (they were asking $2,000). The little one will be sleeping in the living room so you'll have to be quiet to access the balcony while he/she is sleeping. We chose the Aft because we can access the balcony from the "master" bedroom and our 2 sons can sleep in the living room.

Offer them $1,200 or $1,000 - they might take it or counter offer with a lower number.

I upselled from balcony to family suite on the Dawn, kept the 2 promos that came with my original booking, didn't get the extra ones and the gratuities on the drink and food pkgs were not refunded....I had purchased travel ins through NCL and that was increased. (I had also prepaid my gratuities and was not charged the different in cost).

Exactly this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, same offer, but the afts were gone.....they started off at $2000, but settled for $1600. Still a good deal....but I felt they just found a way to make a bottom line..because the price breakdown adds up to the additional $1600, but nothing reflects the cruise only portion of the Haven cabin.

We are happy with it though

Yes, same offer, but the afts were gone.....they started off at $2000, but settled for $1600. Still a good deal....but I felt they just found a way to make a bottom line..because the price breakdown adds up to the additional $1600, but nothing reflects the cruise only portion of the Haven cabin.

We are happy with it though

Congrats on the upsell! Look forward to seeing you in The Haven!

If you took the travel insurance through NCL, double check with them to be sure things still stay the same. If you bought travel insurance on your own, you will want to have it changed to reflect the new amount you have paid, and it may require you pay them more as well.

We also did a Haven Spa Suite Upsell on the 5/15 sailing of the Getaway.

See you in the Haven in less than three weeks!

To answer OP's question, as other's have mentioned, if you prepay your DSC, it will not go up to the suite DSC. But no, you will not get all of the offers, nor will you get the refund on the service charges for the free perks that you already have.

We did an upsell last week for the 5/15 sailing of the getaway. $1500 to go from a B1 to the forward facing haven suite. Enjoy your upsell!
Edited by JC5240