Another AmaWaterways Tulip Time cruise review - April 14-21

westchestermom

WestChesterMom:

Our return flight is at 10:45 a.m., similar to yours. Do you think we will be okay if we leave for the airport around 7 or 7:15?

Would love to talk to you about Windstar but don't want to change the direction of this thread. If you are willing to let me pick your brain about them you can email me. My email address is in my signature. Thanks.

kathy

WestChesterMom:

Our return flight is at 10:45 a.m., similar to yours. Do you think we will be okay if we leave for the airport around 7 or 7:15?

Would love to talk to you about Windstar but don't want to change the direction of this thread. If you are willing to let me pick your brain about them you can email me. My email address is in my signature. Thanks.

kathy

Hi Kathy:)...your Cruise Manager will let you know what time you need

to leave for the airport:)....you are sailing AMA, right?.....they are VERY

customer service oriented and have it down to a science;)

TargetsMom - sent you an email. And I agree with Lois R, your cruise manager will advise on best departure time. We had asked for 7:30 and he booked us a 7:15 departure. However, in our case, I'm not sure anyone could have predicted the mess that was Schilpol that morning. I've learned that sometimes things are outside of anyone's control, but that if you ask nicely, (as we did at the airport) often things can be adjusted to work in a better manner.

• 2 weeks later...

westchestermom... Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We are going on our first river cruise 12/17 on AmaStella for Christmas Markets on the Danube. Little things like hearing how the dining room operates and debarkation procedures are great since we only have ocean cruise experience thus far.

westchestermom... Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We are going on our first river cruise 12/17 on AmaStella for Christmas Markets on the Danube. Little things like hearing how the dining room operates and debarkation procedures are great since we only have ocean cruise experience thus far.

Hi Cheryl,:) just off topic for a moment...I see in your signature you

have Serenade of The Seas in Oct...what week are you going? I am doing

that cruise in Oct too:).....wonder if we are on the same one....I am

going on 10/16.

Thank you for the great review! We are booked on AMA in November out of Amsterdam and are so excited! One question as I'm trying to plan our pre-cruise activities, what is the earliest time they allow you to embark?

Thank you for the great review! We are booked on AMA in November out of Amsterdam and are so excited! One question as I'm trying to plan our pre-cruise activities, what is the earliest time they allow you to embark?

AMA is very flexible on this. You can stop by the ship anytime on embarkation day. If your cabin isn't ready, they will store your luggage and invite you to wait in the lounge where a lunch spread is put out; they will also expedite cleaning your cabin, and then notify you as soon as it is ready [and your luggage will be right there!]. You can also just drop your luggage and go off sightseeing.

I boarded the ship around 12:30:) and there were folks already on

board.

We had tickets for the Rijks on the day of embarkation, so didn't head to the ship until about 1:30pm. When we boarded, the lounge was quite full of passengers enjoying a drink and light snacks. We were called to check-in and get our cabin keys at about 3:00pm.

Edited by westchestermom

To answer a question you didn't ask: at the end of the cruise, they are also flexible about letting you stay onboard if your flight is later. You have to clear out of your cabin, but they will store your luggage and you can relax in the lounge (and enjoy the lunch spread).