Embarkation question

mondas42

Ok, so you don't like lugging your hand luggage around on ship before the cabin becomes available but would you prefer lugging it around Southampton till your boarding time?

If everyone sneaked into their cabin to deposit luggage before the cabins were officially released it would be chaos. Surely as a Host you are not advocating that as a solution?

No, I wasn't advocating it, just saying what used to be done - not just by me either. It never caused a problem that I knew of. It isn't necessary any more since the cabins are ready on embarkation now.

Edited by Host Sharon

Have just completed a survey for P&O about booking a cruise and have made our feelings known re embarkation and the need for a choice etc etc. We can but hope that someone, somewhere takes notice. Feel better for having filled in something official for P&O but, sadly, I am not hopeful that our suggestions will be taken up. Call me a cynic ...

Wouldn't it be good if P&O had a link person on CC to answer our concerns like Celebrity does.............

Last year I sailed on Britannia and the new embarkation process wasnt in place then - I arrived with my friend and I`m sure (its been nearly a year) that we didnt have to wait very long.

Since it is now in place I would like to ask about boarding times for passengers travelling in the single travellers deck 16 cabins. What sort of times were you given for boarding?

With there being only 27 cabins, I wonder if the cabin stewards will get them cleaned and readied sooner then non single traveller cabins.

I will be travelling down to Southampton from Staffordshire the day before my next cruise on Britannia and staying in a hotel the night before, have had 2 journeys disrupted (both to Manchester) due to people jumping in front of trains so ALWAYS stay in a hotel the night before so I know I`m there in MORE THEN enough time.

Whilst I am more then happy to sit in Ocean Terminal with my kindle / iPod and wait for my time ( I have literally spent HOURS waiting around at airports so the wait wont bother me )

I look forward to hearing from Britannias single travellers on this...

I did the second Britannia two nighter last year. I had cruised many times that year and on arrival at the very crowded terminal they gave me "next letter" so I was checking in within minutes, I have no idea why. Personally I turn up with a jacket and no hand luggage and I think this helps as well as being alone. Presumably its is quicker to process a whole booking of just one person.

I had booked L201 Balcony next to Library and this cabin is very good. The single cabins seemed to be populated by solo travellers and elderly rellies who kept being collected by comparatively younger couples. An American cruise media guy was doing a lot of research etc. blogging and the like and when I spoke to him he said these Britannia singles are amongst the best in the world singles if not the best. Restaurant was Oriental, eight decks lower and completely other end of ship. Our traditional dining table was populated exclusively by people from our single Lido deck cabins.

Holiday Inn was going through major work last time we used it, may be worth investigating if you have not yet made a definite booking hotelwise.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Holiday Inn was going through major work last time we used it, may be worth investigating if you have not yet made a definite booking hotelwise.

Regards John

Hi, that's good news (sort of). We love that hotel but acknowledge that it needs some tlc at the minute. We won't be using it until next year though so hopefully everything will have been done up very nicely by then ;)